Options

Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be very odd to split it now that they are so late in the year already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    On a slightly related note, does anyone else have a particular pet peeve about something they do consistantly in Glee?
    For example, mine is the whiteboard "episode subject" moment where Will (or whichever character is parodying him) writes the topic which will be covered on the white board. I'm not sure if it is meant to be funny or was serious and now become a recurring silly meta bit but I really don't like it.

I really like the whiteboard line, it's just the theme of the episode, isn't it?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wetpaint site isn't reliable, it just takes its information from elsewhere.

Everything Ryan's said doesn't point towards that rumour being true, so I'll go with him rather than some random Glee spoiler twitter.

Plus it's the easiest (in fact only) way to write Brittany out so Heather can take maternity leave - if she goes off to college she can just do a Quinn and only come back for holidays, which Heather can always film at the last minute or do with just a day or two on set. Or they can even just throw in a line to say she's not coming back for the holidays for some reason. They can't do any of that if Brittany is still a student at McKinley in season 5.

Never mind all of this is irrelevant as season 5 hasn't actually been commissioned yet anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that Season Four is just one half of their school/college year? That means no new christmas episode next year if it's true :(.

I really wish Season Four never happened or Season Four was either in McKinley or New York. Glee was so iconic :(.

My understanding is that this is correct. We won't be getting a Regionals episode until at least the last episode of this season and even then there is no guarentee because they haven't said. Up until 4x21 there has been no Regionals announced.

The current rumour is that if there is a season 5, the first half will be exclusively ND in Lima through to Graduation. The second half will be exclusively NY and other grad plans (which I don't like the sound of and I don't know how that works in time).

Either way it is very unlikely that there will be seasonal episodes (such as christmas)...unless Regionals is 4x22 and they lose like in Season 4 and Season 5 is a new year but this is pretty unlikely.
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding is that this is correct. We won't be getting a Regionals episode until at least the last episode of this season and even then there is no guarentee because they haven't said. Up until 4x21 there has been no Regionals announced.

The current rumour is that if there is a season 5, the first half will be exclusively ND in Lima through to Graduation. The second half will be exclusively NY and other grad plans (which I don't like the sound of and I don't know how that works in time).

Either way it is very unlikely that there will be seasonal episodes (such as christmas)...unless Regionals is 4x22 and they lose like in Season 4 and Season 5 is a new year but this is pretty unlikely.
    I read that regionals is supposed to be either 21 or 22. It could have been a possibility for them to do season 5 like that but I don't think it's going to work now, Heather more than likely wont be able to do it like that. Either way I hope they don't do it like that, I don't think it sounds like a great idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really like the idea of the first half being Lima only and the second half being New York only. The show's writers always change their mind on a whim and you can't really trust them to see things through - I'd hate for them to air several Lima only episodes and then decide to not the same level of focus on NY for the rest of the season or something.

Plus, even though seasonal episodes aren't essential, a graduation episode just before Christmas would be pretty strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah now you've said that it makes more sense, I'm so uninterested in the McKinley side now that I didn't even remember they hadn't done Regionals yet. No wonder this season is dragging so badly!

I love the idea of just New York/graduates, but that would mean all the 'new' kids are just forgotten about, which I wouldn't mind but which would be a bit strange.

And as for Heather, they'll just have to write her out, nothing else for it.

I absolutely hate the idea of the first half of season 5 being just Lima though, and I don't see how that would work - it would mean not having Lea, Naya or Chris involved again until next January, which would be great for them as they'd get time to do their own projects, but I think it'd be a ratings disaster for the show and would greatly diminish the interest in their characters' stories. If they're going to do just NY for the 2nd half of the season after graduation, they need to keep NY interwoven in the first half to keep interest in it at all.

Like I said though, Ryan's tweets indicate that graduation plans and storylines will be happening, yet at the same time he's said there is no season 5 confirmed yet, so make of that what you will.

I don't see the issue with having no Christmas episode though, they've never really been good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Season 5 likely to be confirmed? And season 3 of TGP?
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine that season 5 will be confirmed. Ryan said on twitter the other day that there are "many cliffhangers" in the finale so I took that as pretty much being confirmed for season 5. I don't know about the glee project though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it will be renewed for S5 as well but I reckon Fox will use it's ratings decline as more of an excuse to take control and try and make as much money from the show as possible.

I imagine season 5 will be the last series...it's very strange. I never thought I'd be ready for Glee to end but I think I am because I don't want to see my beloved show suffer any more. I could justify that my friends were idiots for mocking Season 1 because those episodes are phenomenal. I cannot say the same now.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Is Season 5 likely to be confirmed? And season 3 of TGP?

Its just been announced that TGP has been cancelled.

http://gleespoilers.tumblr.com/post/47489953345/glee-project-wont-return-for-season-3#_=_
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really enjoy much about the show anymore (and if certain speculation proves to be correct about the final 2 episodes I'll probably stop watching altogether) but I don't necessarily want to see it cancelled - it seems a bit soon and sudden. I think a part of me is still interested to see with what they do with the characters next season, even though you can pretty much guarantee they'll waste whatever potential is there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really want to see it cancelled, though I think on the quality of this season it almost deserves to be.

I think it needs a season 5 to have an attempt at wrapping up characters' stories, but if they're not even going to do a full year this season then that's never going to happen. Most of the graduates have just disappeared entirely and most of the remaining McKinley students have even mentioned what they want to do after high school. It's all just one big mess, which is sadly reflective of the horrendously poor quality of the writing and storylines this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Edit: So its on 'hold' not cancelled, I'm assuming this means if Glee S5 is picked up, so will TGP S3.

http://digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s178/the-glee-project/news/a471531/the-glee-project-is-on-hold-not-cancelled-says-oxygen.html

I want Nellie to reaudition :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh god. Sigh. I don't know why Ryan Murphy and co is ruining the show like this :(. But I don't think I'll stop watching anytime soon but my interest in the show is slowly going. It still has redeeming aspects aka Santana, Becky and Unique & Darren Criss, Lea Michele and Jane Lynch (their characters aren't very good atm)...
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there is a series 5 because even though it has gone down a bit I still love the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it would be stupid to renew TGP if there was no Glee Season 5, so I hope it is just on hold...it's a good accompaniement to the main show.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a family member saying to me when my Glee obsession first started back in season one, "Just wait, in a couple of years Ryan Murphy will have a new show, get bored of Glee and it will get cancelled. It happens with all of his shows."

I guess the new show is The New Normal (maybe even American Horror Story) and Glee is suffering because of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    I remember a family member saying to me when my Glee obsession first started back in season one, "Just wait, in a couple of years Ryan Murphy will have a new show, get bored of Glee and it will get cancelled. It happens with all of his shows."

I guess the new show is The New Normal (maybe even American Horror Story) and Glee is suffering because of it.

I was too young (I guess) to be into Nip/Tuck and I didn't really know who Ryan Murphy was until Glee. I've watched American Horror Story (which seems really well written and well done as a show) and I really liked The New Normal too (not that it's very well written, it's just a sweet touching gay show).

Who knows why Glee is suffering lately but I blame it on an inevitable spiral because the show got popular in the first series. I'd like to blame it on network intervention but who knows. Series 3 of Glee introduced new writers which should have helped and did on a certain level.

The tone of Glee changed and because of that so did the quality of the show. The first 13 episodes (which I hail as the second coming of Jesus) had a very specific tone before Glee was aware of itself but even the remaining episodes of S1 were still fantastic.

S2 became more commercial (songs for the sake of songs, modern songs which had only just been released, more straight up covers), it looked different, felt different and became more of a show for teens rather than a show for a younger adult audience. It lost its sense of reality (always an arguement that Glee was ever realistic but I believe the first season had a very definite and sometimes unpleasant reality to it).

It recycled plots, characters lost their motivations (characters had to be reset (Quinn and Sue) and love triangles became the most important thing on the planet and from there it just continued with more of the bad stuff, less of the unique stuff that made Glee special and has basically become a formulaic parody of itself.

This isn't assisted with the graduation of many of the most popular characters and the whole McKinley story essentially starting again means this formulaic repeated style starts again but with characters which nobody REALLY cares about in the same way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuart1000 wrote: »

It's weird because Glee gets the most viewers out of all of Ryan's shows so that should really be his priority. And it's also weird how AHS is so different every season yet with Glee; Rachel graduated and instead of making a brand new centeral character, he kind of cloned Rachel (and also cloned Puck, Finn and Quinn).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided that this weeks episode isn't going to be legit or what we think it is:
    I don't think it's going to be a real episode. I was reading a preview for the episode which makes it seem much much more dramatic than we'd been lead to believe where the characters are actually fearing for their lives and confessing stuff.

I think "Shooting Star" refers to three things: Britt's theory about a meteor hitting the earth, shooting as in guns and "shooting" as in "a movie"...

I think it's going to be Artie's student movie (that was mentioned in Girls and Boys on Film)...either for a film reel to get into his college or something like that.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I can kind of believe that it could happen that way.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided that this weeks episode isn't going to be legit or what we think it is:
    I don't think it's going to be a real episode. I was reading a preview for the episode which makes it seem much much more dramatic than we'd been lead to believe where the characters are actually fearing for their lives and confessing stuff.

I think "Shooting Star" refers to three things: Britt's theory about a meteor hitting the earth, shooting as in guns and "shooting" as in "a movie"...

I think it's going to be Artie's student movie (that was mentioned in Girls and Boys on Film)...either for a film reel to get into his college or something like that.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I can kind of believe that it could happen that way.

I'm thinking something similar. There just seems to be to much other stuff going on in the episode for it to make sense if it were "Real".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Glee is back tonight...I really wish something would happen that would get be buzzed and excited for the return of Glee again soon. I know by this point in the season it's usually running out of energy but I still feel like I should be a bit more "Yay for Glee being back!"

Instead I'm kind of "oh, good, five episodes left...well I guess we should see where this season is going to end up".

I will say that I'm very much looking forward to this Becky storyline:
    "Becky gets a storyline of her own. Graduation is looming, and the prospect of moving on from McKinley - and living in a world that might not understand or accept her Down Syndrome - is weighing on Becky very heavily. Sue and Brittany both step up to support her, but with two very different outcomes"
    Kind of forgot about that potential side of things, I can't stand Becky as a character but I like the storyline idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Get rid of Ohio
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After that episode of Glee...I think it's fair to say the show hasn't been abandoned! One of the best eps ever :)
This discussion has been closed.