Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better than some of the episodes, but I like Brittany, Heather and find her very funny. I thought Hether did what you wanted Huggzy, spoke up quite clearly, as she tends to do when she's a major part of the plot.

I didn't tear up, but it was nice she got a graduation story of sorts, after the horror of last seasons finale. Yes it's stupidly unrealistic, but hey that's Glee.

Odd to see Tina and Kitty as the main dancers in a song, guess that will happen more:(

Blaine and Kurt as always left me cold.

I like Wemma, and I thought they've been screwed in other finales, it was a massive plot in the brilliant beginnings of the show, has been sidelined for some very dull relationships, particularly the newbies.

So I felt they were wrapping a few things up, I hope they show some imagination next season.

I love the meta though, always have,
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the episode, actually. I liked the songs, I liked the fact that they got married in the end. I even liked Brittany's melt down, even though her (IRL) bump was showing.

The only thing that I didn't like were the boys cardigans during regionals. They looked like school Uniforms.
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode actually, I loved the regionals performances, thought the Blaine thing was a little randon and the MIT thing was just way OTT, it was a poor way to write Heather out, I hope this isn't the last we see of Brittany.
    So is the school year going to continue on into the next season? Because the sectionals-regionals-nationals are usually all in one school year right?
    I guess it's a good way of keeping a lot of the main cast.
    Well that was one of my favourite episodes ever (along with the first Britney episode, The Break-Up, Last years Nationals and the character switch episode). I teared up about 3 times. The only thing I didn't like was Sam's hair (please trim it Chord).

I SHIP UNIQUE AND RYDER SO HARD NOW. I am glad Ryder left the Glee Club because as a character I don't think he would have joined so easily anyway and I hope Unique gets a bit bullied next season (I don't know how to put it nicely) but it's not realistic for a trans character to basically be accepted by kids but Unique and Ryder's love story is so adorable, it really is revolutionary. Their hug was everything.

I hope Rachel didn't get the part of Fanny because that's her dream and it's come too easily. I hope Brittany will occasionally skype with Santana/Sam but her exit storyline was so ridiculous it was brilliant, her leaving speech was so sad.

I think more effort could have been put into the songs and changing them to sound more glee-clubish but I'm glad ND won, they were better although the female dancer in the Hoosierdaddies was amazing.

I'm mostly in agreement with you guys, I enjoyed the episode and it had some stand out moments alongside the "wtf" ones. Typical Glee really.
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who teared up, Brit's choir room speech was full of pathos and made a brilliant contrast to the utter wackyness of the opening montage (love the Glee titles in crayon) and the other time that got me was Ryder and Unique's confrontation, will be interesting to see where they take that story line come next season.

Blaine's continued proposal storyline felt out of place though, but it did result in the wonderful Breadsticks conversation with fabulous guest stars Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter.
    Also was crying with laughter during the Fondue for Two with Will and Sue and Brit's whole Michael Bolton outing as Sue's baby daddy, loved Sue's line about him choking on a hairball cos I remember those 80s rock ballads!

Rachel's Funny Girl audition also really didn't do anything for me, I can't stand wailing women ballads and not even Lea Michele's voice saves a Celine Dion number. Wonder where they're going to go with her storyline for next season. Maybe she gets the understudy role and she gets an insight into just how difficult it is being in a Broadway show and then that leads in to a whole "42 Street" moment where she has to step into the spotlight somewhere around the Season Five finale.

Loved Emma and Will's wedding, the Glee kids are the most important people to them, Emma's parents have been rubbish, we haven't heard anything about Will's parents since Season One and only Finn was missing. I think it also fit in with their storyline as their whole relationship dynamic has centred in and around the kids of New Directions.

Overall it's only a 7 out of 10 for me as the songs weren't really my thing other than Hall of Fame, which I absolutely loved.
    I love the meta though, always have,

The fact Glee takes the piss not only out of itself but of some of the more rabid fanbase has me crying with laughter most of the time. Ryan Murphy is the show's biggest troll.
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and if Sugar is in Season 5, she NEEDS to be upgraded to regular, screw the new show that she's meant to be in :D.

If she can't sing or dance, she should learn how to rap, it'd be so cool and it'd be rebelious for rich princess to try and be a hip-hop artist.

Now that Brittany has gone, Sugar for sure needs to be the comic relief.

I've just watched the movie "Stick It", a sort of Gymnastics version of Glee from 2005 that Vanessa co-starred in as a sort of Santana-like HBIC who turns into a goody, alongside coach Jeff Bridges in the "Beiste/Will/Sue/Roz" role. :D

Her comedic talents are pretty amazing IMO, and the mystery of why she's been absent (or left to rot) as Sugar is one of Glee's many bizarre mysteries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the mystery of why she's been absent (or left to rot) as Sugar is one of Glee's many bizarre mysteries.

She's been involved in a pilot for another show.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great finale

Although I felt we needed more Rachel scenes. Her cover of Celine dion was all over the place. She really doesn't have enough range to do a song like that at all. Based on that performance, I would deny her the part of Funny girl.

I loved the exit of Brittany. It was sad, abrupt but touching. But also I feel cheated because I wanted her and Santana to share a last kiss with one another. They are like one of my fav couples ever. Why they paired her up with sam is beyond me

I also had a feeling from the start that Unique was the catfish so I was let down by that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unrelated but this has always annoyed me. But is this actually Mark Sailing on the front of this glee dvd? It looks nothing like him!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cambio.com/media/2010/02/gleedvd122809.jpg

does anyone know the reason why it either looks so different to him, or is actually a different guy?
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixology picked up so it looks like it's bye bye to Sugar Motta.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »

Damn. What a waste of an opportunity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me one of several disappointments this season was how underused Sugar was - I had assumed she'd be in the foreground more but I guess they had to showcase the newbies and opposite actually happened.

Pity - I always found her pretty funny once they dropped that 'self diagnosed aspergers' thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unrelated but this has always annoyed me. But is this actually Mark Sailing on the front of this glee dvd? It looks nothing like him!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cambio.com/media/2010/02/gleedvd122809.jpg

does anyone know the reason why it either looks so different to him, or is actually a different guy?

I think it's just a really bad picture, I've got the DVD and it doesn't look as different as it does on that image.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I think it's just a really bad picture, I've got the DVD and it doesn't look as different as it does on that image.

I've got the dvd and it looks as different as it does there! I've always found it really bizarre! :p
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    That was brilliant. Glee have done some pretty middling finales but this wasn't one of them to be honest.

The older lesbian couple are fantastic. I definitely want to see more of them next season. Blaine didn't quite propose to Kurt though. Still, I guess there's next season for that.

Brittany's exit and her meltdown was actually entertaining and well handled to be honest. Her scenes with Santana and the gang later were some of the best we've had this season.

Nice that they married Will and Emma at long last and I can wait til next season to find out if Rachel succeeded with her Funny Girl audition.

I did like the rival team more and their version of Clarity was actually the best song from this one. Still not fussed that New Directions won though.

The Catfish resolution was predictable but again, this finale was too enjoyable so I don't care, 8/10
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »

Noooooo :( I'm happy for the actress but that's so disappointing. I bet if Ryan actually put effort into her character and gave her storylines in S4 she wouldn't have even thought to audition for a new show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The New Normal has just been cancelled by NBC...could Ryan maybe spend a bit more time on Glee development now? :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The New Normal has just been cancelled by NBC...could Ryan maybe spend a bit more time on Glee development now? :)

I hope so, it definitely needs some direction, this last season has been all over the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the dvd and it looks as different as it does there! I've always found it really bizarre! :p

I wonder if it's because mine is the complete series then rather than the two DVDs that were issued separately? Mine doesn't look quite as bad as on that image.

He's still got American Horror Story so probably not no!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that finale was underwhelming to say the least - such a weak episode.

I am in disbelief at how little Rachel had to do - such a significant plot point for her and all she gets is a solo and nothing else to do. Maybe there had been plans for Finchel which they had to abandon, but even so a callback for Funny Girl should warrant a real subplot that has nothing to do with her ex.

Klaine was bizarre - they are clearly not on the same page at all. And the lesbian couple got more lines than Kurt - go figure :rolleyes:. That said, I am both shocked and pleased the season has ended and they still haven't got back together.

Brittany being a genius was just idiotic, though I did like the reference to 'My Cup'.

I also wasn't a fan of the songs - many of the competition numbers were dance/pop songs which did nothing to show off any of their vocals, they sounded so autotuned/generic and it was hard to distinguish their voices. Never been a fan of the show's original songs either.

Conversely, I actually really enjoyed the Stevie Wonder tribute which I had expected to hate, and it was the first episode since Diva where I didn't actually skip any of the scenes or performances. There were some nice scenes and really strong music in that episode.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Brit's choir room speech was full of pathos and made a brilliant contrast to the utter wackyness of the opening montage (love the Glee titles in crayon)

Brittany's choir room speech was the best bit about the episode for me, I thought it was really well done by Heather. The storyline writing her out is a bit ridiculous, but she is very obviously pregnant now and obviously deserves to take as long as she wants on maternity leave, so it works. The opening montage was a bit :yawn: though, apart from Brittany's quips, and I hated her 'meltdown' - I can understand the nerves about leaving early, but it was just a bit bizzare. I did love Sam phoning Santana though, it was so good to see Naya and Heather in a scene together again, they're a brilliant partnership and that was exemplified by Santana saying to Brit that she didn't have to say anything to her during the goodbyes.

Kurt, Mike and Mercedes were badly underused so there's not much to say about them. The proposal storyline was just as bad and ridiculous as I expected, and utterly pointless - Kurt and Blaine aren't even together, and as Kurt made clear by saying they weren't a couple, he's not even certain about their future. Blaine's idea of proposing was far too out of the blue, and it annoyed me that they showed him ignoring so much sensible advice. The lesbian couple were just unnecessary, though their engagement was quite sweet.

I have no words to describe how annoyed I am at how they just brushed aside Rachel's Funny Girl callback. Such a big build-up then all we get is to see her sing one song, same as the original audition?! :mad: Rachel is too big a part of the show to be basically left out of a season finale and isolated like that. As others have said, I think the episode was really brought down by the amount of focus on McKinley. Lea's was by far the best vocal performance of the episode, the only one I didn't want to fast-forward.

I don't care about the catfishing plot, never have done, and it was obvious about 10 episodes ago that it was Unique. It was sweet of Marley to take the fall, but clear that wouldn't last long.

The reference to Sugar and Joe showed clearly what has been wrong with McKinley this season - characters just disappear without trace for episodes at a time and then suddenly reappear conveniently just when they're needed for something. The actors deserve better than that.

Regionals was incredibly boring with some dreadful song choices - the only one out of all the competition performances I remotely liked was Marley's original song, and even in that I was distracted by the terrible staging and choreography. If that's the best they can do with Heather out of action given she was hidden at the back, then they are in trouble, as her dancing always lifted the performances, though it hasn't really been the same since Mike graduated anyway. ND were never going to lose Regionals, so there was no suspense at all.

The surprise wedding was quite sweet, but it was a bit jarring saying they wanted the wedding with the people they love and not having all the graduates or Coach Beiste there, or any family at all. And the last scene was a very anti-climactic way to end a season finale, and it was just annoying to see Blaine holding the ring box.

Overall it was by many miles the worst finale Glee has done, but it's been the worst season by miles so I shouldn't be surprised. If it wasn't for the fact that I still care about Rachel, Kurt and Santana, I wouldn't even bother to watch next season. Such a shame that a once-great show has gone so badly downhill.
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with some posters on here, it wasn't a great finale. I was really surprised that Rachel was so underused, I know it may have been different if they could have used Finn but surely she would have spoken to Kurt about how her audition went. Her solo was the best song of the episode for me.

The proposal story wasn't great. Kurt clearly said they weren't together so of course it makes total sense for Blaine to still have the ring at the end of the episode. Finn proposing to Rachel last season was a bit of a wtf moment but at least they were together!

Didn't love the songs for regionals and thought the hoosierdaddies were better but since this school year is carrying over into next season I did expect ND to win.

The best bit of the episode for me was Brittany's speech in the choir room and I actually did tear up a bit. That's the part that actually felt like a finale to me.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with some posters on here, it wasn't a great finale. I was really surprised that Rachel was so underused, I know it may have been different if they could have used Finn but surely she would have spoken to Kurt about how her audition went. Her solo was the best song of the episode for me.

The proposal story wasn't great. Kurt clearly said they weren't together so of course it makes total sense for Blaine to still have the ring at the end of the episode. Finn proposing to Rachel last season was a bit of a wtf moment but at least they were together!

Didn't love the songs for regionals and thought the hoosierdaddies were better but since this school year is carrying over into next season I did expect ND to win.

The best bit of the episode for me was Brittany's speech in the choir room and I actually did tear up a bit. That's the part that actually felt like a finale to me.

BIB - they were absolutely better and ND did not deserve to win regionals. Their songs and performance were terrible in my view. The Funny Girl call back was boring and predictable (just as the pointless and obvious Unique catfish story). Everything about this episode was rushed and unimaginative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Glee is set to take a 3 month midseason break - what the hell are fox doing - the 7 week hiatus from s3 lost a lot of viewers
  • lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That had to be the worst regionals/sectionals/nationals performance by miles, okay not as bad as the deaf choir but no where near the sort of performances that used to lose.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glee is set to take a 3 month midseason break - what the hell are fox doing - the 7 week hiatus from s3 lost a lot of viewers

So does that mean episodes Sept-Nov and then nothing until February (i.e. no Christmas episode and possibly no Valentines one)? Or episodes until Christmas and nothing until April?

3 months is a heck of a long break, can't see that doing them any favours at all. Though I guess with the two-season renewal they can afford not to care as much...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I won't mind the midseason break as long as both halves are uninterrupted. But knowing Glee...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does that mean episodes Sept-Nov and then nothing until February (i.e. no Christmas episode and possibly no Valentines one)? Or episodes until Christmas and nothing until April?

3 months is a heck of a long break, can't see that doing them any favours at all. Though I guess with the two-season renewal they can afford not to care as much...

From what I've read on blogs, as I can't seem to find any official Fox announcement, it's going to run until Christmas and then break until April and then come back to run longer into the summer rather than ending in May.
This discussion has been closed.