Options

Is this Courier company lying?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
Forum Member
Grrrr, I seriously need to vent. I ordered something on Amazon yesterday and paid extra for express delivery so that said item would be delivered today. Why is it on checking the tracking info at 1pm, it tells me delivery was attempted at 7:30am but no response. Delivery rescheduled for Tuesday(bank holiday on Monday):cry:

This is a downright LIE. I have been up since 5am this morning DOWNSTAIRS in the living room on the laptop and just doing general housework. There has been no knock on the door (apart from about 8:15 from workman) no card left behind for this attempted delivery.:mad::mad::mad:

I'm so mad right now:mad:. I was really looking forward to the item I bought and paid extra for delivery. Is tthis a common practice with these companies? I did try ringing them but was too late as they close at 12pm.

I nearly spat out my tea when I read that delivery was attempted. There is just no way in hell.:

The Courier company is CITYLINK. I'm utterley fedup:cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is becoming more and more common to be honest. I would advise having a rant to amazon who should refund your postage. I paid for Saturday delivery when ordering from Dorothy Perkins a while ago and they turned up out of the specified hours, so i had a rant and got my £7.50 delivery charge back.
  • Options
    x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I'd call Citylink up and get them to deliver it to you today!
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's Citylink, they may well have delivered it to the wrong address - I've lived in awkward to find places and easy to find places, and they've consistently not been able to find the right house. I'd check with your neighbours to see if they've had a card through their door, or give Citylink a ring to confirm the address it was dropped of at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to wait until Tuesday as they're now closed. This is not life, lol. I'm seething.
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call citylink as they have gone to the wrong door
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    I've encountered Citylink before.

Last time I go a package from them which they said they tried to deliver when I was out, when I wasn't, and they also said they always leave a card, which they didn't. Took ages to get through to them to reschedule it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Was there a card through the door? I thought if they attempted to deliver they put a card through the door if you were not in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    JellyCrisp wrote: »
    Was there a card through the door? I thought if they attempted to deliver they put a card through the door if you were not in.

As I just said on my previous post, from experience Citylink claim they always do this, but sometimes don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had some personal experience of this kind of thing as well. These private courier services can be shite, and they DO tell lies sometimes. People moan about Royal Mail, but once it finally is privatised these cowboys will be the norm. They are always based in some nasty industrial estate miles away too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No card put through the door/ I also cannot contact them until next weel Tuesday. They're closed. I have tried.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I've experienced Citylink claiming they attempted delivery when I know damn well they didn't. Grrr!!! DPD are shite too.
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my voice to the Citylink naysayers - they have done this to me at least 3 times. I think they must pay their drivers poor wages as the simply can't be arsed trying to find you if your address is in anyway slightly tricky to find.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    It does sound like they could be lying then OP. Afraid to say I don't think there is much you can do at the moment.
  • Options
    simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had the same problem with them this week as well!!! I spotted the van pull up outside while i was up stairs. I went down stairs the back door was wide open as the dog was in the garden. I looked outside and the van was driving off! They had come to the front door and shoved a card through saying there was no one home!!!! The front door has an A4 poster saying please go round the back as we dont use the front door!!! The stupid man had walked past the front windows which were open and the TV was on quite loud may I add!!! After a quick rant on the phone the local depot contacted the driver who came back. I told them I better not have to come to the depot to pick it up LOL. The driver was quite sheepish as he came straight back. I asked if he went to many houses with there windows open and TV on full volume with a dog outside balking at him LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The number of times I've had this happen defies belief!
    They're most certainly telling porkies.

Also had numerous instances of couriers putting a card through without even knocking. And having items stolen, curiously, one or two with a signed-for signature attached!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I doubt the courier company is lying, but the driver probably is, and the company are just repeating what they've been told by their driver.

In the circumstances, out of irritation if nothing else, I'd cancel under the Distance Selling Regs and order it from somewhere else ... and telling Amazon exactly why I'd done so.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - I know you said 'they're closed' - is that Amazon's phone line, Citylink's general phoneline or your local depot? I ask because I once had to go to the depot myself to get something on the day I wanted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! I'm another mug who was sitting here this morning waiting for a CityLink delivery and will now have to go and collect it on Tuesday from the depot.
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a quick Google around shows that this is pretty much default behaviour. OP, you really should complain to Amazon - if enough people complain surely they will be forced to withdraw Citylink's contract...

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews93418.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=676335

It seems they are widely known as ShittyLink!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    ShittyLink better describes their service tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Citylink are damaging Amazon IMO, had trouble with them myself I hope their contract with Amazon is up soon and Amazon go with a different courier....they use DHL for returns.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    City Link did the same thing to me once when I ordered a digital camera from Ebuyer, I ended up going down to the local depot and collecting it.

Ebuyer use UPS now, I wonder why?
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citylink are damaging Amazon IMO, had trouble with them myself I hope their contract with Amazon is up soon and Amazon go with a different courier....they use DHL for returns.

Just as long as they don't choose DPD, those cowboys make CityLink seem pretty professional.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I think 75% of deliveries I get by Citylink have a problem. The last time they attempted to deliver something to me they were attempting to deliver it to the wrong house. For the third attempt at delivery i spoke to Citylink direct, I gave them my mobile number and told them to get the driver to ring me when he thought we was near mine. He rang, I opended my front door and he was parked right outside. He then had a go at me saying my house was difficult to find. I live on a main road in a small town. When I rang citylink they said the driver had taken a photo of the door he had attempted to deliver to. As soon as she started describing it I knew it wasn't mine
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have an account with Citylink at work and use them almost every day and we get this alot. We always get them saying they tried to deliver and no one in when the customer says they were there all that time or the depot people make a mistake and "mis-sort the conseignments" so it doesnt get delivered for some time. This happens a lot and after the first ten times it gets frustrating.