The Voice (Ireland)

Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
Forum Member
The Voice of Ireland

For everyone who watches the Voice of Ireland, here is the discussion thread to talk about it. I'll start for everyone else to follow pursuit. The Voice is currently in the Battles stages. What do you think of Jamelia, the new judge?

Comments

• monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    The Voice of Ireland

For everyone who watches the Voice of Ireland, here is the discussion thread to talk about it. I'll start for everyone else to follow pursuit. The Voice is currently in the Battles stages. What do you think of Jamelia, the new judge?

I like her so far. I think the show overall is good but nowhere near as good as X Factor. That's just how I feel
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other thread has unfortunately dropped off the page. I think it's so much better this year, Jamelia has added a totally new dynamic to the panel, even Kian seems much more likeable this series.

Of all those so far, my favourites are:

Aoife McLoughlin (Team Sharon)
    Ray Scully (Team Kian)
    Roisin Carlin (Team Jamelia)
    Sinead O'Brien (Team Bressie)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my faves on this year's show is Velvin, the American guy
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the two Beatty brothers were excellent last night, and wayne best male singer in the contest.
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The other thread has unfortunately dropped off the page. I think it's so much better this year, Jamelia has added a totally new dynamic to the panel, even Kian seems much more likeable this series.

Of all those so far, my favourites are:

Aoife McLoughlin (Team Sharon)
    Ray Scully (Team Kian)
    Roisin Carlin (Team Jamelia)
    Sinead O'Brien (Team Bressie)

Ray Scully Lives On My Road
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    im sad alexandra miller is out she had the best voice in the whole competion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also disappointed that Alexandra went. Kian's team is all kinds of terrible, Niamh going was a joke, Ray was great in his blind audition but Kian's song choice was awful and Niamh sang it far far better. Also shocked that Dylan is bookies' fav for Team Jamelia, I liked his blind audition but he came across really badly in the Battle Rounds and he wasn't overly great in it either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the judges choices have been inexplicable
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the results show tonight. Who's out?
    Can anyone help?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Missed the results show tonight. Who's out?
    Can anyone help?:confused:

Velvin Lamont, Dean Anthony, Sophie Rischar and Daryl Phillips went home. If you ask me, Velvin and Dean should not have been sent home
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    monrose wrote: »
    Velvin Lamont, Dean Anthony, Sophie Rischar and Daryl Phillips went home. If you ask me, Velvin and Dean should not have been sent home

I didn't get the chance to watch on Sunday, but I'll be watching (and voting) this Sunday! :D:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monrose wrote: »

I'd have sent Mark home over Dean although neither were great, but I think Velvin was considerably weaker than the two girls, he wasn't bad, he just was quite average. I think Dylan was lucky though, he was pretty bad, though Sophie wasn't great either, Roisin was miles ahead of both.
  • sleepybellesleepybelle Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Results show didn't record tonight, any chance someone could tell me how John Gaughan, Stephen Hudson and Terri O'Reilly did?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Results show didn't record tonight, any chance someone could tell me how John Gaughan, Stephen Hudson and Terri O'Reilly did?

Terri was sent home
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

John got through : Stephen and Terri sent home by their mentors.

The voting was quite erratic....both Tammy and Sinead O'Brien topped their votes despite seeming to be in trouble.
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Raging about Stephen and Terri.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleepybelle, the results show won't have recorded because it was part of the main show, there was a two hour show from 6:30pm to 8:30pm tonight instead of a 90 minute performance show from 7pm to 8:30pm and results from 9:30pm to 10pm

P.S. Bressie was really bad tonight with song choices, let all of his acts down but Sinead in particular, I'm glad that she got another chance. I think Kian's team is once again the weakest, Sharon's wasn't much better.

I thought all of Jamelia's team were good tonight but would have also sent Jennifer home, think Stephen was more interesting vocally than John.
    Forum Member
    Wondered what had happened. I recorded the main show. When Catherine said they would be back with the results I stopped the programme thinking it was over, I had the results all the time heehee - but still i'm raging so I wouldn't watch. Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    Sleepybelle, the results show won't have recorded because it was part of the main show, there was a two hour show from 6:30pm to 8:30pm tonight instead of a 90 minute performance show from 7pm to 8:30pm and results from 9:30pm to 10pm

P.S. Bressie was really bad tonight with song choices, let all of his acts down but Sinead in particular, I'm glad that she got another chance. I think Kian's team is once again the weakest, Sharon's wasn't much better.

I thought all of Jamelia's team were good tonight but would have also sent Jennifer home, think Stephen was more interesting vocally than John.

I agree, Sinead has such a bubbly personality, that song didn't suit her at all. Interesting that Terri had dinner with Jamelia, wonder if there anything in that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondered what had happened. I recorded the main show. When Catherine said they would be back with the results I stopped the programme thinking it was over, I had the results all the time heehee - but still i'm raging so I wouldn't watch. Thanks again.

They actually changed the format for reasons unknown tonight : last week there was a results show at 9.30pm, but this week they went straight into the results at around 8.15pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bressie keeps picking weird indie stuff that no-one has ever heard of (probably trying to show how 'credible' he is).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Bressie keeps picking weird indie stuff that no-one has ever heard of (probably trying to show how 'credible' he is).

TBF I was familiar with all of the choices tonight but Ash were such an odd pick for Terri, he seems afraid of picking something modern and diva-ish even though that is what would have suited Terri best, to be honest, I think Jamelia has been better song choice wise this year than Bressie, she tends to get it right most of the time whereas he tends to get it either really right or really wrong (in all three cases this week it was the latter)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe Kelly got through, she was awful, screechy and out of tune. I would have sent John home too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBF I was familiar with all of the choices tonight but Ash were such an odd pick for Terri, he seems afraid of picking something modern and diva-ish even though that is what would have suited Terri best, to be honest, I think Jamelia has been better song choice wise this year than Bressie, she tends to get it right most of the time whereas he tends to get it either really right or really wrong (in all three cases this week it was the latter)

I think he's a bit overrated as a judge. He talks the talk and is very technical in his comments, but I can't help thinking there is a spoofer underneath.

I was more impressed with Jamelia's tonight....she's less anxious to show off her musical credentials than Bressie and yet seems to know her stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I cant believe Kelly got through, she was awful, screechy and out of tune. I would have sent John home too.

I'm thinking maybe most of the votes she received were sympathy votes. I think maybe the reason the judges were lenient on her was because of her pregnancy