Why was Zoe Birkett in the normal BB while Dee was in CBB?

2»

Comments

• Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere that ZB was given the choice. Also, It might have been interesting to see the mix of White Dee & Helen Wood, in BB :D
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Pop Idol was MASSIVE back in 2002. It was much bigger than the golden years of the X Factor.

It wasn't? The golden years of X Factor from 2008 - 2011 had much higher ratings than those two series of Pop Idol.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't? The golden years of X Factor from 2008 - 2011 had much higher ratings than those two series of Pop Idol.

It seemed massive at the time ;-)

I still remember my work-place erupting with arguments about Will Young V Gareth Gates :D:D
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wasn't talking about ratings. I was talking about all the excitement that surrounded it, particularly the final week. You couldn't seem to go anywhere without hearing people talking about it and the newspapers and magazines had so, so much content about it.
    I still remember my work-place erupting with arguments about Will Young V Gareth Gates :D:D

Yes, you were either Will or Gareth. Unlike a lot of the X Factor series, where there does seem to be a favourite that has more fans than the other singers, with Pop Idol, it felt like 50% of people wanted Will to win and 50% wanted Gareth to win. And also, I remember both Will and Gareth each had their own tour buses that went all round the country promoting them, which I don't think the X Factor have ever done.