Options

Dee refused entry into USA??

ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
Forum Member
I wonder if this is true...I hope so.

http://www.*******************/celebrity-big-brother/celebrity-big-brothers-dee-kelly-refused-us-visa-amid-allegations-former-criminal-conviction/

Brother’s Dee Kelly refused US visa amid allegations of former criminal conviction?

September 29th, 2014 by Lynn Connolly.

Celebrity Big Brother 2014 - White Dee
When former Benefits Street star Dee Kelly – who was better known as White Dee during her stint on the controversial Channel 4 documentary series – left the Celebrity Big Brother house in fifth place a few weeks ago, it was reported that her career in TV was about to take off…

She was apparently set to film her own cookery show, having had cooking lessons from a top chef in France, and had been suggested for a role in a new film about the life of poet Richard Billingham, whose hard-hitting book Ray’s a Laugh was shortlisted for the Turner Prize.

It was also reported that her agent Barry Tomes had signed her up to make lucrative personal appearances in nightclubs up and down the country…

However, her future plans have reportedly hit a major snag as The Sun claims today that Dee has been denied a visa to enter America after it was alleged that she has a criminal conviction.

The paper states that Dee had been due to jet out to the US to meet up with fellow former CBB housemates Gary Busey – who of course won the show – Audley Harrison and Leslie Jordan, however, the article adds, “US authorities found out she stole £13,000 from Birmingham city council to feed her partner’s cocaine habit in 2007 and denied her a visa.”

When approached for comment, her agent said only, “We have had to reschedule.”

Meanwhile, Dee has been telling her Twitter followers that she’ll be attending the Tory conference in Birmingham in order to give PM David Cameron a piece of her mind…

Last night, she wrote, “Time to call it a night – big day tomorrow at the #toryconference in birmingham – hope to meet #DavidCameron to say it how it really is x”

One of her followers then tweeted to Dee saying, “@therealdeekelly I hope they don’t use you to pretend they give a sh** about real people. Millionaires with no clue about real life.”

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    However, her future plans have reportedly hit a major snag as The Sun claims today that Dee has been denied a visa to enter America after it was alleged that she has a criminal conviction.
    Shoddy journalism - BIB isn't an allegation, it's a fact. She does.

Legally she can be refused a visa - it comes under visa ineligibilities in US law under 'moral turpitude', a catch all for offenses. It includes theft and fraud.
    There are exclusions, but she wasn't under 18 at the time and the maximum sentence is over a year, so they don't apply.
    So technically the US is right to refuse a visa, although they have leeway.
    Meanwhile, Dee has been telling her Twitter followers that she’ll be attending the Tory conference in Birmingham in order to give PM David Cameron a piece of her mind…
    Funny that, a few weeks ago she was going be advising them big style on stage ...
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When i read she was "apparently" going to the US to do work i thought then it is odd as has an previous conviction for being an thief( theft from a previous employer or something?) but as Cheryl, Tweedy, Cole, now VIR something? had done the xfactor US, after her assault and being found guilty, i thought they could bend the rules which way they want? then again i still think her sudden sacking from the US show had more than we were led to believe IMO.....
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

Funny that, a few weeks ago she was going be advising them big style on stage ...

didn't she make out she was going to be a keynote speaker?
    i've tried to block out most of what she said but snippets survived the mind bleach....:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    didn't she make out she was going to be a keynote speaker?
    i've tried to block out most of what she said but snippets survived the mind bleach....:blush:
    yep - and the Minister backed out before the last week of BB. It was then presented as as to be a meeting with some other Tory party person, not linked to Employment.

As to the Cheryl Cole and visas thingy, it is discretionary whether to issue a visa or not. Request denied then :D:D:D
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also FOX were employing Cheryl so its likely have the backing of such a big company would help in getting the visa even if she was still just some random chick from Newcastle it might not have been so likely.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't they make an exception? Just this once?
    Why should we be the only ones to suffer her :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't they make an exception? Just this once?
    Why should we be the only ones to suffer her :(
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Having a mental illness and being on medication would probably also have affected the decision not to grant her a visa for the USA. I wonder if she is still getting Disability Living Allowance, which doesn't stop just because someone's not on unemployment benefits. She could still be getting about £75 a week, which is more than people get on Job Seeker's Allowance.

I wonder when her next ATOS assessment is due.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is true...I hope so.

http://www.*******************/celebrity-big-brother/celebrity-big-brothers-dee-kelly-refused-us-visa-amid-allegations-former-criminal-conviction/

Brother’s Dee Kelly refused US visa amid allegations of former criminal conviction?

September 29th, 2014 by Lynn Connolly.

Celebrity Big Brother 2014 - White Dee
    When former Benefits Street star Dee Kelly – who was better known as White Dee during her stint on the controversial Channel 4 documentary series – left the Celebrity Big Brother house in fifth place a few weeks ago, it was reported that her career in TV was about to take off…

She was apparently set to film her own cookery show, having had cooking lessons from a top chef in France, and had been suggested for a role in a new film about the life of poet Richard Billingham, whose hard-hitting book Ray’s a Laugh was shortlisted for the Turner Prize.

It was also reported that her agent Barry Tomes had signed her up to make lucrative personal appearances in nightclubs up and down the country…

The paper states that Dee had been due to jet out to the US to meet up with fellow former CBB housemates Gary Busey – who of course won the show – Audley Harrison and Leslie Jordan, however, the article adds, “US authorities found out she stole £13,000 from Birmingham city council to feed her partner’s cocaine habit in 2007 and denied her a visa.”

When approached for comment, her agent said only, “We have had to reschedule.”

Last night, she wrote, “Time to call it a night – big day tomorrow at the #toryconference in birmingham – hope to meet #DavidCameron to say it how it really is x”

One of her followers then tweeted to Dee saying, “@therealdeekelly I hope they don’t use you to pretend they give a sh** about real people. Millionaires with no clue about real life.”

Surprised that her agent didn't know she might not be able to go to the US, because of her background.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Surprised that her agent didn't know she might not be able to go to the US, because of her background.

The only thing he knows is his percentage.
  • Options
    TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Seriously, who does she think she is? She's suddenly entitled to tell the PM 'how it really is' after being only a matter of months not living on tax payers' money, at the age of 40 whatever and having been convicted of habitually stealing money from vulnerable people in her own society?
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomAce wrote: »
    Seriously, who does she think she is? She's suddenly entitled to tell the PM 'how it really is' after being only a matter of months not living on tax payers' money, at the age of 40 whatever and having been convicted of habitually stealing money from vulnerable people in her own society?

Agreed. She is hardly representative of ordinary people, out there.......goodness knows why she is getting all this hype :confused:
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would be better if those of us who've been paying for her **** over the years and stumping up for legal aid when she was thieving were able to tell her "how it is".

But it's her, not us, on the special guest list at the Tory Party conference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the original spin on it, it sounded as though she was attending a full-blown main stage Conference event. It's worth remembering that it was a fringe meeting.
    They are privately run events, which whoever is holding it pays for - individual or a company usually. Not official party stuff. They're usually frequented by the terminally bored, or those catching up on their kip or sleeping off lunchtime drinkies.

You could hold one on 'The influence of Conservative Party thinking on the rise of Krautrock, 1969-1980'* if you stumped up the £500 :D

* (there wasn't any) ;-)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is like the when the Kinks were banned from the USA, I feel sorry for the American kids, they are the ones that will suffer, they'll regret all their lives the time when they never got to see Dee live :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    this is like the when the Kinks were banned from the USA,
    Time for some cocoa I think. Perhaps I'd best have a Sanatogen ... :D
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    this is like the when the Kinks were banned from the USA, I feel sorry for the American kids, they are the ones that will suffer, they'll regret all their lives the time when they never got to see Dee live :(

i'm sure they have shouty ignorant people in america too who are available "live"
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and so she should, she is a criminal, my brother who did less then what she did was refused a visa for the UK from The US...
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i'm sure they have shouty ignorant people in america too who are available "live"

Dee is the Ray Davies of the shouty and ignorant world :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    According to yesterday's Mirror "she has denied reports that she's had to put a Celebrity Big Brother reunion on hold after being refused entry into America".

Her manager has also "denied that the Birmingham native has postponed the trip to due her visa application being rejected and has confirmed it will take place at a later date". He said: "We only moved the proposed trip to the US at the end of October because Dee needs to rehearse for her film that starts filming on location [on the] November 3. We will be going to the US late November."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/white-dee-denies-rescheduling-cbb-4343187
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Having a mental illness and being on medication would probably also have affected the decision not to grant her a visa for the USA. I wonder if she is still getting Disability Living Allowance, which doesn't stop just because someone's not on unemployment benefits. She could still be getting about £75 a week, which is more than people get on Job Seeker's Allowance.

I wonder when her next ATOS assessment is due.

She said many times whilst in the House that she had stopped claiming / receiving any benefits.

She was invited to the conference and presumably it's her opinion they want. Anyway she was obviously being facetious but it seems everything she says or does is taken 100% literally on here and torn to shreds.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems quite happy to throw ever benefit claimant under the bus now she's a "celebrity" and earning money through Benefits Street.

Sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was invited to the conference and presumably it's her opinion they want.
    I'll just point out again that this is a red herring. She was invited to a fringe event, not the Conference. It's got nothing to do with party policy or official sanction.
    Anyone can set up a fringe meeting as long as they pay for it, and (sort of within reason) they can invite anyone to speak. It's not official policy - in fact a lot of fringe stuff is on one loony wing or another ...

Being kind, I'm happy to assume she hadn't got a clue and thought it was going to be main stage.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29411685

An item on her conference attendance.