Richard Dawkins the arch-atheist backs Michael Gove's free Bible plan

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember my entire school recieving a free gideon bible, they all ended up in the lake in the park opposite the school. Kids have zero interest in reading the bible.
    As an aside, I don't know who I loathe more, Dawkins or Gove.

Bibles may well have ended up in the lake but one day God will cast all unrepentant sinners into the lake of fire.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20v15.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    Bibles may well have ended up in the lake but one day God will cast all unrepentant sinners into the lake of fire.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20v15.

Who pays for the lake of fire? Must cost a fortune.
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    So do a lot of people. Its a religion in itself ;)

thanks for stating the obvious, sith.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »

The wages of sinners pay for the lake of fire.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6v23.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably the taxpayer. Blinking sinners, deport 'em all I say :mad:
    peon wrote: »
    thanks for stating the obvious, sith.

Well its my job. :p
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member

Which God or goddess?
    Some God/goddesses don't need lakes of fire or eternal torment to be convincing
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sort of talk really doesn't help your cause. I'm agnostic but I talk to my youngest about Jesus, I like Jesus, I think we could learn a lot from him. His followers, not so much.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6v23.

Charming. Well that particular god can go swivel if that's his opinion of me. (And something tells me it is a 'he').
    Forum Member

:D
    I like your SOH

Maybe it's taxes that pay
    It must be hard with the cost of fuel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which God or goddess?
    Some God/goddesses don't need lakes of fire or eternal torment to be convincing

I quite like Thor. Its the hammer.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently each bible given out will contain a small written message inside from Michael Gove!!

The guy appears to have a bit of an ego if you ask me and who exactly is paying for all this?

btw I have no objection to this, a) because rightly or wrongly we are a Christian state and I do think this needs to be re-addressed into society again and b) we all said prayers at school and it never did us any harm. I think the fact schools no longer do nativitiess at Christmas at risk of offending other religions is just so wrong.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the taxpayer. Blinking sinners, deport 'em all I say :mad:

We will all be deported from life one day ;)

Do you honestly think that Revelation is a literal account of the end of days?
    :D
    I like your SOH

Maybe it's taxes that pay
    It must be hard with the cost of fuel

Well all furnaces must be fed the steel. :o
    Forum Member

I like the pagan ones, they are ones I could respect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sort of talk really doesn't help your cause. I'm agnostic but I talk to my youngest about Jesus, I like Jesus, I think we could learn a lot from him. His followers, not so much.

If you like Jesus you will like His words.

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25v41.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As the pagans say - your god got nailed to a cross; our god has a hammer. Go figure.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It's ridiculous, I've got the Good News bible and Bible Gateway online - apps are the future not books - shows how out of date Michael Gove is :D

Seriously though, I actually prefer Richard Dawkins to Michael Gove, as Dawkins amuses me, Gove is simply a prat :o
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All these lakes of fire are hardly going to reduce the impact of global warming, are they?
    Forum Member
    If you like Jesus you will like His words.

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25v41.

Jesus always seems nicer then how so many of his followers portray him to be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these lakes of fire are hardly going to reduce the impact of global warming, are they?

For the people who end up in the lake of fire the impact of global warming will be the last thing on their minds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus always seems nicer then how so many of his followers portray him to be

Jesus is nicer than we think because He suffered and died for sinners like you and me.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought most schools would already have the Bible and so it's a complete waste of money, in these times of austerity. They should have spent it on more trinkets for the Jubilee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God doesnt care about his creation, that much is obvious to anyone.
    For the people who end up in the lake of fire the impact of global warming will be the last thing on their minds.

I will already be in The Elysian Fields ;)
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dawkins owns again! What a guy. I hope I'm as cool as him when I'm 70.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I hope this lake is being taxed on the emissions as it is very irresponsible, perhaps Michael Gove can look in to it....

But then with all these hosepipe bans it isn't going to be easy to put out is it? What with the water shortages....
  • morbidangel101morbidangel101 Posts: 274
    Forum Member

Yeah yeah, you have no sense of humour and get your jollies from threatening everyone with eternal pain, we get it. But it's getting kind of old now, don't you think?