Options

Gavin Week 3

strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi All! New on here :)
Given Gavin's success with the ballroom in Week 1, does anyone agree that coming off of the fast rhythms of the salsa and down onto the rhumba could actually pay dividends?

The rhumba has a lot of deliberate and precise footwork involved and this proved to be his forte in Week 1 to the surprise of the judges. Yes it's latin, but the hip movements are so much slower and more drawn out than the salsa and he may just get the hang of this much easier coming into it after an intense week on the salsa.

Just observations, but I'm thinking maybe his rhumba may not be as disaaaaaaaasterous dahling as we might have otherwise thought.
Got an inkling that he may well score around the 7s again..

Thoughts? :)

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome......

Slow is good I think but I am not sure he will do the llluuurrrvvveeee

basically I will be holding my breath on Saturday
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    The jury's out for me...

Not sure what Im looking forward to least.... his rumba or Pauls? or neither...!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is the acting and Gav won't be up for acting 'rumba-sexy.' There wasn't much wrong with his execution of the steps in the salsa - he could keep up OK - but it was painful mainly because of his crippling embarrassment.

Send the man back to ballroom for God's sake :eek:

EDIT: Just had a mental image of Paul Daniels' rumba. Ta Sara (vomit smilie)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Jan

Well, coming off the salsa and down a gear to the slower and more delibearte rhumba - if there is not a sizeable improvement then our Gav could be severely Latin lacking 4 sure.
    Needs a decent step in the right direction in his showing or the Latin could be his downfall.

However, I do feel he is both quick and very precise of foot so that should bode well for the marking out of the rhumba - but those hips have gotta start swaying :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    He's too shy and self conscious to manage a good rhumba. He hasn't got the face for it either, I suspect he'll look very silly. I'm kind of feeling sorry for him.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the tempo of the dance is the issue.

It's the intimacy of the Rhumba that Gavin probably isn't ready for yet.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    It's a shame he's not doing the Quickstep, that would be good for him. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    It's a shame he's not doing the Quickstep, that would be good for him. :o

i think Katya is trying to get the rumba out of the way somehow!

Sensible girl- just like Ola- safety in numbers!:D

he may surprise us- who knows ??!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Hi All! New on here :)
    Given Gavin's success with the ballroom in Week 1, does anyone agree that coming off of the fast rhythms of the salsa and down onto the rhumba could actually pay dividends?
    Nope.

Because he can't dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I want him to do well and surprise everyone (again) but someone I can't imagine him turning it around and acting sexy on the dancefloor.
  • Options
    *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    Nope.

Because he can't dance.

He's done one good ballroom dance, so he CAN dance! :)

But can he do a decent rumba? It will be easier for him than the salsa, but he needs a LOT of help! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    Nope.

Because he can't dance.

What was up with his waltz DJ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see another cringe-worthy VT of Gavin visiting drama/confidence coach like (who was it?) Austin(?) during the week :o
  • Options
    TheGnu'sTeapotTheGnu'sTeapot Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Gavin is too focussed on Gavin to win over the crowds add to that he is a bit wooden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least I DO expect an improvement on the Salsa - both on the floor and on the scoreboard.
    Gavin's got good footwork and is quite 'moody' looking at times both which will help in the rhumba - somehow though those hips have gotta start a swayin':confused:
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he has rumba so that gets it out of the way whilst there are lots of couples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »
    I can see another cringe-worthy VT of Gavin visiting drama/confidence coach like (who was it?) Austin(?) during the week :o

that made me chuckle, thank you :D

I never look forward to the rumba, even the most confident of male celebs look uncomfortable. I think I might be watching behind a cushion this week.