Wii Sports Resort preview

Comments

• Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Just got it 30mins ago, had a bit of a play and love it. I don't want to go to work :cry:
  • xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I unlocked all the sword games on mine.. Love them.
    Can't get the hang of that water skiing business
    Had no idea what to do with the plane LOL
    Table Tennis was fun.
    Basketball was also fun but I am gonna need some serious practice on that one!

All in all, I am really liking it so far :D

Is it only GAME who sent out the game early?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i will pop out to toy r us at lunch and get this now, not got a wii game in ages.. and the lack of online play put me off... but sword fighting looks ace.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    i didn't preorder in time so I'm going to go round Tesco and Asda tomorrow and see who has it at a good price. Looks like the online price everywhere is about £39.50, I'm sure one of the big supermarkets will have it at that price or just a couple of pounds more.

Got it in Asda this morning for £37.71, glad i didn't preorder online now, as this is not only cheaper than Amazon etc but I didn't have to faff about waiting for a courier or postman to fail to deliver it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do The Games Change at night (As in, When you do the flying at night its different) and when u unlock stuff on the flying, it stays permanent (Where it says you get guns and a different plane)

erm i'm not quite sure what you're asking!!!
    i think that as you unlock things - like double shots from the plane, you keep them throughout. You do have the ability to switch back and forth between planes though.

I haven't noticed any really difference in playing at night, apart from the fact it's darker ;)

someone else may have spotted something else tho.

I have found 71 out of the 80 points of interest, and i'm finding the other 9 very elusive!
  • pogitpogit Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local tescos has loads of Wii Sports Resorts in @ £38.** plus the option to buy an additional Wii motion plus and Save £9 so IIRC thats basically an additional wii motion plus for half price??

Trouble is they have no additonal motion plus's in stock :mad::mad::mad::mad:

but they took my number and unoffically reserved one for when it arrives, but im not stating the time of delivery just in case!!! :) sorry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pogit wrote: »
    My local tescos has loads of Wii Sports Resorts in @ £38.** plus the option to buy an additional Wii motion plus and Save £9 so IIRC thats basically an additional wii motion plus for half price??

Trouble is they have no additonal motion plus's in stock :mad::mad::mad::mad:

but they took my number and unoffically reserved one for when it arrives, but im not stating the time of delivery just in case!!! :) sorry

HMV had the game and 2 motion plus for £50, cheapest I could find it.

Unfortunatley I cannot believe that Nintendo got less out of their new controller than EA did.

Sports Resort is ok but not brilliant and the controlls just seem better on Tiger Woods for both golf and disk golf (Frisbee)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i picked up a copy of this from toys r us... cheapest i found it anywhere at £35. And got an extra motion plus for £15 from Tesco.

The game is ok, not as revolutionary as when i first got wii sports, but then i never expected it to be.

The sword figting is good, but much better as a multiplayer fighting your mates.

Frisbee is quite addictive..

Golf is damn annoying though... think i prefer the original.

Basketball is very good as 3 on 3 against a friend.

Thats all i have managed to really play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I unlocked all the sword games on mine.. Love them.
    Can't get the hang of that water skiing business
    Had no idea what to do with the plane LOL
    Table Tennis was fun.
    Basketball was also fun but I am gonna need some serious practice on that one!

All in all, I am really liking it so far :D

Is it only GAME who sent out the game early?

I got mine yesterday (Thursday) from Gaemplay
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it today from Argos for £40. (The only local shop that had it.)

I love it. My only criticism so far is that you can clearly see that they've re-used a large part of the island from the Wii Fit jogging game, so you get a bit of "deja vu". :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Sad Panda wrote: »
    HMV had the game and 2 motion plus for £50, cheapest I could find it.

Unfortunatley I cannot believe that Nintendo got less out of their new controller than EA did.

Sports Resort is ok but not brilliant and the controlls just seem better on Tiger Woods for both golf and disk golf (Frisbee)

That's not right, I got my Wii SR and an extra MP Controller for just under £60 on Friday. :confused:

Has anybody else hit their opppent in the face on table tennis. Shocked me I got a reward for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Got the game from Amazon the day it came out and spent all night playing it. My son was still on it at 4am the next morning. I think the canoeing is a funny sort of game, but my favourite is the Archery. My score on the easy level so far is 102.

Oh and yes i have hit someone in the face on table tennis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossby wrote: »
    That's not right, I got my Wii SR and an extra MP Controller for just under £60 on Friday. :confused:

Has anybody else hit their opppent in the face on table tennis. Shocked me I got a reward for it.

Honestly, mine was £49.99 in HMV. I tried Grainger (£57), Gamestation (£60) and Game where I'd pre-ordered it (£62)

Then quite obviously went for the cheapest option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Honestly, mine was £49.99 in HMV. I tried Grainger (£57), Gamestation (£60) and Game where I'd pre-ordered it (£62)

I bought it from the Oxford St store on Friday for £39.99 and saw they were selling additional motion plus' for £19.99

Which HMV store did you buy it from for £49.99? I may go and ask HMV tomorrow if they have that deal for an extra controller for £10, as I really want a 2nd MV and if so why didn't they advertise it clearly in the store.

I played Sports Resort for an hour yesterday and my arm muscles are killing me today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member

Odd because I got mine for HMV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Got this game yesterday and I think it's awesome. Much better than the first, and the motion plus is fantastic. I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to play the basketball but the archery, sword fighting and table tennis are great. Cycling and canoeing are bloody strenuous activities though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been playing it today with my in-laws after getting it delivered from Argos on Friday for £30. Had a blast with all the events, but there are some disappointments so far. Obviously the lack of online play is annoying, but the sword fighting was way too easy to get to 1000 points on. Also, why is cycling in there? It doesn't even seem to need the MotionPlus. I'd rather they'd just put Baseball back in as that would be class with MotionPlus.
  • cockneycockney Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    I love it. My only criticism so far is that you can clearly see that they've re-used a large part of the island from the Wii Fit jogging game, so you get a bit of "deja vu". :D

I do the Island lap jogging on Wii fit & i think it's ace flying round my jogging course & a lot easier on my legs :D

Pre-ordered mine from Argos for £30.39 & was pleasantly surprised that it was delivered on release day (Friday) :)
  • AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the secret targets in the archery game? There's one on every stage. I've managed to hit the melon on the second stage in Beginner level.:D
  • markrdukmarkrduk Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why there are tennis courts on the island, but know tennis games?

When you fly around the island the 'i' point says "you can't play because somebody stole the balls" or words to that affect. It would seem silly to have that in if they never intended to have a tennis game and its hard to believe that they had to withdraw it because it didn't work - they have the table tennis game, there was tennis on Wii Sports and Virtua Tennis and Grand Slam Tennis prove its possible with motion plus, so why leave it out!?

Could it be a secret game/unlockable?
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    markrduk wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there are tennis courts on the island, but know tennis games?

When you fly around the island the 'i' point says "you can't play because somebody stole the balls" or words to that affect. It would seem silly to have that in if they never intended to have a tennis game and its hard to believe that they had to withdraw it because it didn't work - they have the table tennis game, there was tennis on Wii Sports and Virtua Tennis and Grand Slam Tennis prove its possible with motion plus, so why leave it out!?

Could it be a secret game/unlockable?
    I noticed this :confused: . As you say could be secret game.. We will have to wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I bought it from the Oxford St store on Friday for £39.99 and saw they were selling additional motion plus' for £19.99

Which HMV store did you buy it from for £49.99? I may go and ask HMV tomorrow if they have that deal for an extra controller for £10, as I really want a 2nd MV and if so why didn't they advertise it clearly in the store.

I played Sports Resort for an hour yesterday and my arm muscles are killing me today.

Bought mine in Sunderland, so it's only a 600+ Mile round trip for you.

Mind you, I think all retailers should have the same promotions in all of their stores, HMV had a flip chart at the door advertising the game and stickers on the boxes advertising the promo. They had the same deal on when Virtua Tennis came out, you could get it and a Motion Plus for and extra £9.99
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well me and my youngest have been giving it a blast for the last couple of days and we both think its a lot of fun:D.Bit disappointed to not see the tennis game though as this would have been a killer for the motion plus.As a test I played the sword game and then tried Wii sports Baseball and I couldnt believe the difference the motion plus makes:D.From a game that felt really smooth when it came out,it now feels laggy and clunky:eek:.
    P.s love the Archery too as that is a challenge;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely baffled as to why they haven't updated Tennis. :(
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaronon wrote: »
    I'm completely baffled as to why they haven't updated Tennis. :(

I suppose they didn't want to make the original Wii Sports game seem useless.