Options

Holiday

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
Forum Member
Going on holiday with partner in 7 weeks! Looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time. After having 2 kids within 3 years my body is horrible. I'm a size 16 but only 5 1 in height. Tried on a tankini yesterday when shopping it was a light blue colour with patterns on it, I looked ridiculous! Been with partner for 11 years, but he's obviously going to notice all the young bikini bodies. I have never been thin, but I'm at my worste. I have 2 beautiful babies, so wouldn't change it. The only thing I can do is hit the gym every day till I go. At least I will feel a bit more confidant. I'm sure many women have this dilemma.

Comments

• Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt worry about it, just be yourself.

Some men prefer larger women.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Just remember when it comes to weight loss it tends to be a ratio of 90% what you're eating (diet) and 10% exercise. Hitting the gym hard without changing your eating habits could make you bulk up (muscle) so just be careful. Why not go for some classes like yoga, pilates, which are more flattering for the female form?
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if you had the perfect bikini body he'd probably notice other women, too. Just be happy and enjoy your holiday. If you've been together that long he clearly loves you and he probably doesn't care about how you look as long as you're happy and comfortable. :)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of wearing a tankini, why not get a full swimsuit. Some of them are gorgeous and very glam. Plus remember, ALL bodies look better after a bit of sun. A tan is very slimming.

I really wouldn't worry about your partner checking out other women. He loves you, or he wouldn't have had 2 kids with you. You need to gain a little confidence. I don't have a good body either, but i was told once to stand naked in the mirror and look at yourself objectively. You might have a belly but you have nice legs. Or you have bad legs but good boobs etc ... Try it. I have.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    Going on holiday with partner in 7 weeks! Looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time. After having 2 kids within 3 years my body is horrible. I'm a size 16 but only 5 1 in height. Tried on a tankini yesterday when shopping it was a light blue colour with patterns on it, I looked ridiculous! Been with partner for 11 years, but he's obviously going to notice all the young bikini bodies. I have never been thin, but I'm at my worste. I have 2 beautiful babies, so wouldn't change it. The only thing I can do is hit the gym every day till I go. At least I will feel a bit more confidant. I'm sure many women have this dilemma.

Where are you going on holiday, as that might affect any advice you are given.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Majorca. Yes I think I will take a look at some full swimsuits. They have good control ones in the shops just now. That's the only thing about the holiday I'm nervous about. Looking forward to going. A week without kids!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Majorca. Yes I think I will take a look at some full swimsuits. They have good control ones in the shops just now. That's the only thing about the holiday I'm nervous about. Looking forward to going. A week without kids!

Kids. Boy am I glad I don't have them, the needy little bar stewards.
  • Options
    AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Kids. Boy am I glad I don't have them, the needy little bar stewards.

But think of the money you get from the State. Also you need someone to drive you down the cheapest care home when the time comes when nobody else can be bothered to look after you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ehh???
  • Options
    Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure many women have this dilemma.

I'm sure they do!

I wouldn't worry about your weight, just go on holiday and have lots of fun! There will be lots of men and women who are all different shapes and sizes - fat, thin, tall, short, etc! Some will look great, some will look not so good!

I'm sure your partner will notice other women but, we're all human and you'll probably notice other men around the pool!! :D Nothing wrong with window shopping, it's normal!
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should get a swimdress, OP.

They're fantastic at hiding bits and bumps and they look incredible.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure many women have this dilemma.

And men.

They worry about their muscle tone, abs, pot bellies, hairiness, skin tone, scars, arms, bums, height and the size and position of their nether regions. Speedo? Trunks? Broads? Drag suit? Briefs? Jeans cut-offs? Which flatters their body the most? Decisions, decisions. :D You'll look great when you feel great.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    And men.

They worry about their muscle tone, abs, pot bellies, hairiness, skin tone, scars, arms, bums, height and the size and position of their nether regions. Speedo? Trunks? Broads? Drag suit? Briefs? Jeans cut-offs? Which flatters their body the most? Decisions, decisions. :D You'll look great when you feel great.

no one looks good in those!
  • Options
    Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    And men.

Do men worry they may be too hairy or not hairy enough?!

I have to be honest, I didn't think or realise men would be self conscious like women are about their bodies!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I had an amazing experience a few years ago.

We were trying to book a last min ferry to France to go to a relatives wedding and the only way we could do it was to book a ferry with a naturist company. We had no intention of going there but after the wedding we decided to go look and see.

I was amazed! We had a little log cabin in a pine wood by the sea and everyone was naked! Even in the supermarket and bank!

I am a larger lady and there is no way I would have taken my clothes off but I was so amazed by all the ages, shapes and sizes of the people that it felt unnatural not to take my clothes off too!

Within hours we felt utterly at home. So much so that we stayed for two weeks!

I have never felt embarrassed about my body since.
  • Options
    User name not foundUser name not found Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the only thing about the holiday I'm nervous about

Wear a swimsuit, walk with your head held high, chances are you;ll never see those people again, so, what does it matter what they think! :p
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you've had quite awhile to get in shape so its your own problem, you should do it for yourself has well as your partner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Wear a swimsuit, walk with your head held high, chances are you;ll never see those people again, so, what does it matter what they think! :p

I agree. Best advice I ever had was to buy an under wired swimsuit with the correct cup fitting. It makes a massive difference to how you carry yourself and makes you look loads slimmer too. Look online at bra companies.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not let your leg hair grow very long to diffuse the edge of your outline, so people can't tell?

Or maybe back-comb your lady-garden around your waist for a similar effect.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having 2 kids within 3 years my body is horrible.

Don't worry about it. No one cares except you.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do men worry they may be too hairy or not hairy enough?!

I have to be honest, I didn't think or realise men would be self conscious like women are about their bodies!

:D Oh, it's true. I think they're just better at hiding it. During my lost years, I worked at a private hotel as a gym/pool receptionist. Under the reception desk, there were three small camera monitors that monitored passages - a corridor between a changing room and the pool - for security reasons. Both passages had mirrors dotted along those passage walls.

You have no idea how many men stopped to check their bodies in those mirrors. Some prodded their stomachs, flexed their arms, checked their bums, checked top of their heads (probably to check their balding spots?), and fluffed up small patches of hair on their chests. There were some who actually sucked in their stomachs and held as they walked to the pool and dived in.

Women tended to hurry past those mirrors, as if they were embarrassed, but most men constantly checked themselves out while standing in front of a mirror or walking down the passage. :D
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that as a woman on the larger side who is extremely self-concious about her body the only time I don't care about my flabby belly and thunder thighs is when I am on holiday :D Yeah you do get a few people with perfect bikini bodies but the majority of people (male and female) don't and just don't care about wobbly bottoms, stretch marks and saggy bosoms.