So much for on demand watch tv when you want

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Last week I heard about a programme called Broadchurch I had never heard about it before suddenly it was all over the internet so I thought I will watch this before someone reveals the ending....

Well I tried I put Virgin on demand on and found only one episode available so I went onto itv player and found only episodes 4-8 so then I tried Amazon see if it was available to buy £18 so what is all this talk of watching things when you want whenever you want as a person who likes watching things as they go out this hasn't converted me to the joys of tv when you like.

Why can't itv have this available from episode 1?

Comments

• dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and where is Demand 5 on cable??
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Last week I heard about a programme called Broadchurch I had never heard about it before suddenly it was all over the internet
    Suddenly? Which rock have you been living under?
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Suddenly? Which rock have you been living under?

It doesn't matter what rock I have been under I heard about it when I did but cannot watch it is the point I am trying to make.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,079
    Forum Member
    Same as pretty much all the internet catch up services, they're available for a month and that's it. They're hardly going to have them available for months on end.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    Same as pretty much all the internet catch up services, they're available for a month and that's it. They're hardly going to have them available for months on end.
    The BBC does have Series Stacking on some of its drama serials though - meaning that you should be able to catch up from the first episode, available for the duration of the series. The default retention for any programme is seven days.

What is series catch-up?

Series catch-up, also known as series stacking, extends the catch-up availability window for individual episodes beyond the usual seven days after their transmission. This allows you the chance to watch or listen to an entire series, or the most recent thirteen episodes if the series exceeds this amount, until a week after the final episode is broadcast.

Only certain series are selected, and to be considered it must be the first time that the particular series has been broadcast.
    http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/prog_availability/series_catchup
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »
    and where is Demand 5 on cable??

Supposedly this was also meant to have been available on the PS3 and its failed to materialise! (yet they ran an ad including it on it!)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Supposedly this was also meant to have been available on the PS3 and its failed to materialise! (yet they ran an ad including it on it!)

Demand 5 is on PS3. It's been there for almost 2 weeks.

It's in the My Channels folder in the TV/Video Services section. Just go there and download the app.
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    You were able to watch it when you wanted.

Just not for *free.*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are a victim of clever salesmanship, they tell you all they consider you NEED to hear so it makes the transaction seem to be all you want when it is all they want. You have to examine all they say with a fine tooth comb as they are so slippery and will lead you in to thinking one thing whilst they are in another world from yours, or you could call it a con.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't itv have this available from episode 1?
    Presumably because they can make more money by not having it all available on catch-up services.
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »

ok mate
    only asked, as been watching Wedding Band on 5*, on fridays at 10, repeated the follwing thursday. but after the new episodes, they annouce, 'you can watch the latest episode on Demand 5'
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is this way all over the World. Networks are beside themselves in anger, and frustration that we won't be good little viewers and follow their carefully planned advertising and marketing mix, that maximizes their revenue. So until they capitulate there are myriad other solutions for finding what you want, when you want, some cost you, other don't. It's up to you to decide what it is worth to you and the time and energy involved in acquiring it.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »
    ok mate
    only asked, as been watching Wedding Band on 5*, on fridays at 10, repeated the follwing thursday. but after the new episodes, they annouce, 'you can watch the latest episode on Demand 5'

Wedding Band is available on Demand 5 through Sky+HD currently.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am watching Broadchurch online from the beginning. It's there if you look for it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    I am watching Broadchurch online from the beginning. It's there if you look for it!

Can you provide a link either in a reply or personal message thanks.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Once all the Catch-Up episodes expire, youll be able to rent them on the ITV Player website (bit bizarre)
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Done!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that see if I get through first episode lol.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree that the lack of full series on catch up websites can be annoying, however they are not designed to watch a full series, that what is what boxsets are far.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Demand 5 is on PS3. It's been there for almost 2 weeks.

It's in the My Channels folder in the TV/Video Services section. Just go there and download the app.

I never knew this ... but channel 5 had been advertising it well before then and I had been checking but now you have said thank you - will download next time I am on
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demand 5 is on YouTube too!
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a tad sick of the supposedly On Demand fiasco .

First they seduced me into downloading and watching Mad Men then left me high and dry halfway through the through the third series and now they've done the same thing with Boardwalk Empire , I managed to download up to and including series 3 , episode 3 and now the rest have all disappeared .

They should at keast least warn us how long we have to download the flaming episodes !!!
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Yes, Sky's UI for finding out how long box sets are going to be available for, how long you can keep them once downloaded, and what logic there is to them going up and down isn't very good...
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,947
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I'm getting a tad sick of the supposedly On Demand fiasco .

First they seduced me into downloading and watching Mad Men then left me high and dry halfway through the through the third series and now they've done the same thing with Boardwalk Empire , I managed to download up to and including series 3 , episode 3 and now the rest have all disappeared .

They should at keast least warn us how long we have to download the flaming episodes !!!

Send them an email DEMANDING the programmes, they'll get the message.