Floyd on France

Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a heads up for anyone who enjoys a Floyd instalment - this is the original and the best in my opinion. My moment of peace and quiet before I hit the school run at 3.

Travel Channel`1 for 1.pm and +1 for 2.pm

Miss ya Floyd ;-)

Comments

• Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved his style of presentation. A unique flamboyant character whose only downfall was the bottle.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Loved his style of presentation. A unique flamboyant character whose only downfall was the bottle.
    Not sure why you'd say that. His drinking was part of his charm and went towards making him famous.

IIRC alcohol was not a primary factor in his death. He had no liver problems.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I love to watch and enjoy Keith's programmes especially late in the evening they are so comical at times, but educating and relaxing, so I record them all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up for anyone who enjoys a Floyd instalment - this is the original and the best in my opinion.

Miss ya Floyd ;-)

Point of order: Floyd on Fish was the first...I remember watching it while in a caravan on holiday down in the south coast as a kid when it was just on regional BBC2 - just one episode - my dad and myself thought this wine drinking mad-man was superb and then six months later it was on country-wide BBC and that was it...TV chefs of today have a lot to thank him for.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    Point of order: Floyd on Fish was the first...I remember watching it while in a caravan on holiday down in the south coast as a kid when it was just on regional BBC2 - just one episode - my dad and myself thought this wine drinking mad-man was superb and then six months later it was on country-wide BBC and that was it...TV chefs of today have a lot to thank him for.

You're right! :D

I remember now - used to watch it on a late Sunday afternoon (in Australia) before the 6pm news came on...5.30 it was on. My second son was a baby and on the titty back then so that's 27 years now. I loved the travel aspect of his shows, the regions and the people as well as the food. He got the perfect formula for his shows. Never tire of them :).
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Floyd on France started a repeat run on BBC2 today