[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have one.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Shows that not everyone has the same opinion? or doesnt follow the sheep and get one.

Do you know how much of a sheep you sound for having the same opinion that others have professed on here?

See it works both ways ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Yes. I believe some people solve that problem, by having a photo or photos of (lost) loved ones on them.

What I've never understood, is people having tattoos in places that you can't easily see yourself without a mirror, e.g. on the back, bottom etc. It's like hanging a picture on a wall and turning it around so the picture faces the wall, which most people would think is rather odd.

The inner wrist may be visible to other people when you're out and about is it not, so not then just for your eyes only. :p

Are you really so insensitive to say something like this after what she said about her husband?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. I believe some people solve that problem, by having a photo or photos of (lost) loved ones on them.

What I've never understood, is people having tattoos in places that you can't easily see yourself without a mirror, e.g. on the back, bottom etc. It's like hanging a picture on a wall and turning it around so the picture faces the wall, which most people would think is rather odd.

The inner wrist may be visible to other people when you're out and about is it not, so not then just for your eyes only. :p

So what do you have to say about the tattoo I have for my niece who died when she was 18 days old who I never got to see as she was always surrounded by tubes and breathing equipment? Hmmm

Should I carry a picture of that around with me instead?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    no, i have none :p
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any and the thought would never cross my mind. If people really must have naff, childish graffiti applied to their bodies, I can't think of a single argument against having it done with long-lasting felt tip pens. At least they aren't stuck with it when they realise how stupid they look.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have two - one on each foot. (And are usually covered up - you can only see them if I'm either barefoot or wearing flip flops.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I have two - one on each foot. (And are usually covered up - you can only see them if I'm either barefoot or wearing flip flops.)

what's the point in that may i ask ?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    So what do you have to say about the tattoo I have for my niece who died when she was 18 days old who I never got to see as she was always surrounded by tubes and breathing equipment? Hmmm

Should I carry a picture of that around with me instead?

Do what you feel is right for you. Down to you. It's your life, not mine. I don't even know you. As I said 'some people'. I wasn't referring specifically about you.
    Are you really so insensitive to say something like this after what she said about her husband?

Whoa there. I didn't say it was necessarily a bad thing, just that said tattoo may be visible, and that question has been answered by the person concerned.

ETA. Sounds like you are taking all this a little bit too personally.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I don't have any and the thought would never cross my mind. If people really must have naff, childish graffiti applied to their bodies, I can't think of a single argument against having it done with long-lasting felt tip pens. At least they aren't stuck with it when they realise how stupid they look.

What's the matter, is nobody biting? Is this why you're posting the same inane shite over and over again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one - flowering irish clover. Its just inside my hip bone/lower abdomen area, so you can't see it unless I'm wearing a very small bikini. My mum is irish, but really I got it because the picture wasn't common, or tribal, or tramp-stamp-ish. Plus my BFF and I were nearing 30 and a teensy bit drunk when we decided to do it. Drawn on freehand by the same bloke that did Brad Pitts henna work on fight club. I still love it now, 9 years on. I don't think I'd get another though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I realise not everyone likes them but its the intolerance aimed at those who do that i find startling. What happened to live and let live?

A lot of tattoos look very nice i think, not stupid at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do what you feel is right for you. Down to you. It's your life, not mine. I don't even know you. As I said 'some people'. I wasn't referring specifically about you.

Whoa there. I didn't say it was necessarily a bad thing, just that said tattoo may be visible, and that question has been answered by the person concerned.

ETA. Sounds like you are taking all this a little bit too personally.

I am aware you said some people, that's why I asked you if I should do the same? Yours was a thoughtless comment I was just making you aware that everybody has different reasons for their tattoos and it's not always quite as simple as you think it is.

Yes I will take it personally, look at the BS that has been spouted on this tread about people with tattoos, it gets pretty tiring after a while, and no it's not a reaction because I think it's true, it's a reaction because the same people that spout this nasty insulting BS are the same people who think they are somehow better because they don't have a tattoo, you don't have a tattoo but you're still a f**king dick anyway. (I don't mean you personally)
  • Options
    Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My girls ex said the same, he is a Doctor now and knew he had to look the part.....
    Do you like the pain of it being done, he said he did.

I used to like it. Now I dread it! :cry:

My favourite quote on this subject:

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is —- Tattooed people don’t care if you’re not tattooed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I hope I never succumb to the type of mental illness that makes such a sad and pathetic form of self-mutilation even enter my mind.

Getting a tattoo doesn't mean you are mentally ill. Your post is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Back on topic, I don't have any tattoos but I plan to get one soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    None because I don't like tattoos
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    I used to like it. Now I dread it! :cry:

The last one I got on my back took about an hour and a half to complete, I was falling asleep while he was doing it. It hurts at first but then I find it quite relaxing.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amused by the sheer level of vitriol being spewed by people who don't have tattoos.

Other people having a tattoo has zero impact on you. It's hate for the sake of hate. You'd think in this day and age people would have something better to do that spew pointless and baseless hate at people for having a tattoo.

It's like throwing insults at someone for having a tea pot and calling them mentally ill because you don't like tea.

You don't see anyone here who has said they have tattoos saying 'I can't stand it. Idiotic mentalists with all that skin and no tattoos. You'd not catch me staying tattoo-less. It's tacky. How very sheep like of you to be like the majority of people and not get a tattoo. Idiot!' Do you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I'm amused by the sheer level of vitriol being spewed by people who don't have tattoos.

Other people having a tattoo haze zero impact on you. It's hate for the sake of hate. You'd think in this day and age people would have something better to do that spew pointless and baseless hate at people for having a tattoo.

It's like throwing insults at someone for having a tea pot and calling them mentally ill because you don't like tea.

I agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one I got on my back took about an hour and a half to complete, I was falling asleep while he was doing it. It hurts at first but then I find it quite relaxing.

I usually do 3-4 hour sittings as I have a few in various stages of completion. Exhausted and sweaty at the end.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Other people having a tattoo haze zero impact on you. It's hate for the sake of hate. You'd think in this day and age people would have something better to do that spew pointless and baseless hate at people for having a tattoo.

You don't see anyone here who has said they have tattoos saying 'I can't stand it. Idiotic mentalists with all that skin and no tattoos. You'd not catch me staying tattoo-less. It's tacky. How very sheep like of you to be like the majority of people and not get a tattoo. Idiot!' Do you?

Basically this. Yet the ones with tattoos are supposed to be classless? give me a break. I just think there are so many more important things to worry and bitch about in this world then my sleeve. I appreciate not everyone likes tats but ill be darned if ill take crap like someone saying im mentally ill for having them, they can get fO0ked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they are good enough for Winston Churchill (and his mother!!!) then they are good enough for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Basically this. Yet the ones with tattoos are supposed to be classless? give me a break. I just think there are so many more important things to worry and bitch about in this world then my sleeve. I appreciate not everyone likes tats but ill be darned if ill take crap like someone saying im mentally ill for having them, they can get fO0ked.

Some people will always judge others i'm afraid. And hate on things
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    I usually do 3-4 hour sittings as I have a few in various stages of completion. Exhausted and sweaty at the end.

Ooh I haven't done that long, my longest was about 2. Sweaty I definitely agree with I was stuck to the plastic lining at the end of my last one, removing myself from that hurt more than the flipping tattoo :blush:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I am aware you said some people, that's why I asked you if I should do the same? Yours was a thoughtless comment I was just making you aware that everybody has different reasons for their tattoos and it's not always quite as simple as you think it is.

As I said before, it's down to you what you do.

In your opinion it was a thoughtless comment. And considering the person that I originally made the comment to, took it less personally than you appeared to have done, speaks volumes.