Wasps - advice please

cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Looking around today, there appear to be lots of wasps around my upstairs windows.

Looking outside, they appear to be exploring wall plugs near my roof.

I really dont want a nest, what can i do to encourage them to bugger off?

Comments

• ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    It's that time of year again, when the queens are looking for somewhere to build their nests. The queens are bigger than ordinary wasps and the only thing that I can think of that could deter them from building in your property is to get some wasp nest destroyer and puff it around the area that's being investigated.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Kill them.
    Kill them all.
    Wasps are no use whatsoever and are bastards.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

I mostly agree but many wasps do have a use, unfortunately: they keep various pests numbers down and still do an amount of pollination. Horrible little s**ts, though.

ETA: Oh, and Honey Buzzard's feed pretty much entirely on common wasps so... yeah... save the Honey Buzzard... (they're perfectly safe, apparently... coz of all the wasps...)
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Kill them.
    Kill them all.

Same with moths! What good are they except for feeding bats and I ain't fond of bats either. :D
  • cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been trying to squirt them with the hose (ready to drop it and run, but they dont seem bothered by it) but they go away for a while then come straight back.

Wasp nest killer sounds like a good thing, I assume itll kill any wasps that come into contract with it?