** DOMINION Season 1 (US-Pace) ~ Syfy June 19th **

2»

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Episode #3 was okay. I am intrigued by the mention of Raphael and Uriel; hopefully we'll get to see them at some point, and hopefully one of them will join our side. I'm also getting the feeling that Gabriel doesn't actually want Michael dead, but rather wants him to come back?

Still think them Red Angels are unbelievably tacky mind.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not enjoying this series. There is something just not quite right with it.

Don't really care about all the political stuff. The Angels are just so pathetic. It's like they are throwing a strop just because God has gone on vacation.

I totally agree about the guns and Angel wings thing. You just knew the cook would be killed after firing all his bullets into the wings. At what point do people NOT realise they bullets are doing no harm?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^maybe next ep will see a similar situation where Angel has raised his wings, feeling all smug that those bullets cannot harm him because his wings are like shield of steel . Only for the human to shout BANG BANG BANG whilst throwing conkers at him to imitate bullet hits. Then shouting "click" to imitate an empty clip. Angel guy will drop his guard, revealing a smug "I'm gonna kill yo' ass now you muppet" expression which the human destroys by shooting him in the face. QED. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And who opens a cafe in the middle of no where, when there is a war on?
    Forum Member
    Haha, I know, right? At first, I thought that was an Angel Cafe (people possessed) but then Gabriel turns around and kills them all, none of them having the wings, nor ability to fight for themselves.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chosen one (Home & Away) has aged terribly. In some scenes he looks in his forties
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iirc the war has been over for a good number of years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's of a high quality considering, this show. And I've been enjoying it.

Certainly without Anthony Head and Tom Wisdom though, it wouldn't be worth watching. And Tom is very sexy as Michael. Very sexy.
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    iirc the war has been over for a good number of years.
    That's a good point. I suppose the owners of that cafe weren't aware that the Angels had returned.

Plot Hole Averted.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

Everyone Else: "Thank you Michael for FINALLY telling us. You'da thought we'da discovered this most important fact, I don't know, about 5seconds into the HUGE GLOBALWIDE WAR we had those few years back, but I guess we didn't. At least we know it know and can spread the word so it won't happen in ANY FUTURE EPISODES EVER AGAIN"

Not seen Ep 3 yet but hasn't it been said in earlier episodes that the only Higher Angels (aka those with Wings) that fought in the War were Michael and Gabriel?

The Humans weren't going to be shooting at Michael so Gabriel would be the only target that would reveal the fact of bullet proof wings and it's quite possible he stayed off the front lines.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Not seen Ep 3 yet but hasn't it been said in earlier episodes that the only Higher Angels (aka those with Wings) that fought in the War were Michael and Gabriel?

The Humans weren't going to be shooting at Michael so Gabriel would be the only target that would reveal the fact of bullet proof wings and it's quite possible he stayed off the front lines.

This is true, but it's possible that someone on the other side would have taken a potshot or two at Michael during the war. He might have mentioned it if so.
    Forum Member
    Episode #4

After a somewhat weak pilot, this show has started to grow on me. The ending scene between David and Bixby however was quite a dark one, few shows take the route that is took here, and I think it sets the tone for that character (even though we already knew what sort of character he was).

Was good to see another Archangel too, though I admit, I didn't think it would be this early. Uriel enters the fray and (seemingly) is playing both Michael and Gabriel. All we need now is Raphael and (maybe to a more extreme extent; Lucifer?)

With regard to Lucifer, I'm wondering whether they'll take a different approach with him and have him fighting for humanity at some point. He's portrayed as evil, yet this show is managing to do that with all other angels thus far, except for Michael (and maybe Uriel).

The show still has some ground to cover before it excels itself, but I think it's getting there.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else here watch this? :p Episode #7 aired this past week, and there's been no activity in this topic. Anyhow;

Whilst the show had a bit of a mediocre start, I think it's starting to come together quite nicely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here watch this? :p Episode #7 aired this past week, and there's been no activity in this topic. Anyhow;

Whilst the show had a bit of a mediocre start, I think it's starting to come together quite nicely.

I'm forcing myself to watch most of the time.

It really isn't much good, especially all the political stuff in New Vagas.

And the biblical stuff just feels made up.

I certainly hope real angels aren't so pathetic.
  • JubadiJubadi Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty awful but I'm still watching.

About the only thing of interest is why Gabriel and Michael switched positions re humanity.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm forcing myself to watch most of the time.

It really isn't much good, especially all the political stuff in New Vagas.

And the biblical stuff just feels made up.

I certainly hope real angels aren't so pathetic.

I gave up after episode five for the reasons stated. Too much chatter about 'What's best for the city' and challenging for power internally. I was expecting the Angels (super-powered) to colonise the humans by now and force them to rebel.
    Forum Member
    Jubadi wrote: »
    About the only thing of interest is why Gabriel and Michael switched positions re humanity.
    I was thinking about this yesterday after the final, and I'm so glad that this show is based on the film, and is not a continuation of it, cause they've just blown consistency out of the water.

All through the film Gabriel wanted to wipe out humanity because God wanted it, and Michael was the one who disobeyed orders to come and save us, yet we've since seen in flashbacks that it was Michael who went on a human killing spree and it was Gabriel (and Uriel) who saved us by stopping Michael.

Now we're in the present, and it would seem both Michael and Gabriel couldn't care less about humanity; the only one that seemingly cares is Uriel, though she's no doubt got her own agenda. One thing they all do want to know is what those markings stand for, other than that, they might as well all be out for each other.

Think we need Raphael & Lucifer to show up at some point too; we know Raphael exists in this universe as Michael mentioned him/her.
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I gave up after episode five for the reasons stated.
    I always give any new show at least a full seasons' worth of viewing before I make up my mind, and I'm glad I did with this one. It took it's time getting there, but a story is starting to develop, as are the characters.
  • ThunderfootThunderfoot Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I gave up after episode five for the reasons stated. Too much chatter about 'What's best for the city' and challenging for power internally. I was expecting the Angels (super-powered) to colonise the humans by now and force them to rebel.

Same here. It started off ok, but soon got bored with it for the above reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. It started off ok, but soon got bored with it for the above reasons.

The trouble with a lot of shows like this for me, is that they seem to tack on the stuff that we really want to see, such as lots of Angel action to entice people in, but then end up filling most of the episodes with bland dialogue between ordinary people. And if Angels do appear they are often back in human guise so that the FX budget doesn't have to be spent rendering wings.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just figured out why this is so difficult to watch. I felt the accents were of. I checked and everyone is South African/Australian/British/German/French or anything but American and I can hear it. In Sparticus they kept the Antipodean accents and you just accepted it. Plus they play music all the time even through dialogue: that drives me nuts. Those faults gets in the way of the story.