True Blood - Season 7 (US Pace)

Comments

• XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    What are you on about?! :p He wished!!. Eric is perfection in a bad wig, the other guy is not even good looking. Bad wigs seems to be a recurrent theme for Eric in True Blood.:D

Oh, I agree! Eric is way ahead in looking good but I just thought he resembled Edward and Jasper in different parts lol.

This episode was brilliant. I loved the poignant opening with Hoyt and Jackson making an appearance and being informed of Maxine and Alcide.

I loved the end scene with Arlene. I am not ashamed to say I shed a little tear because it was just so beautifully done and such a fitting way for Terry to make an appearance. I am glad they didn't kill her off. But who knows, she could end up going anyway.

I am loving the cameo's from the past characters and the best thing about them is that they serve a purpose to the storyline. Even the magister.

I am seriously hoping that a cure for Hep V is found, I really don't want Eric to die. Those horrible veins make me gulp each time I see them on him. Beautiful Eric. :(

This is really starting to shape up now and I can't believe we'll already be halfway through next week.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it took a while to get going but a great ep tonight, loved the Fangtasia back story and the fight scene at the end. I take it the focus will shift to the shady suit people from last week now the Hep V vampires have been left in a puddle, Kenya's death was creative to say the least.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this means we get to see more of Jackson. I'm hoping the wolves will maybe become involved in this somehow, too. Jackson is one of my favourites.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Jason/Hoyt phone call was so sad for Jason (and Hoyt, obviously). Poor sod just wanted to help his friend. I wonder if he'll return to Bon Temps?

Thank dog it looks like Jessica will be OK.

And not only does Terry get almost an enitre ep devoted to his funeral, he appears in flahsback form. Still, Tara got mentioned in passing.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this episode was an improvement too and also like the flashbacks to the origins of Fangtasia. Ginger was hilarious. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would happily watch a spin off show of Pam and Eric in the past. Jessica aside, they are by far my favourite part of the show at the moment.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Loved this ep! Easily the best this season.

My heart dropped when pam was worried about eric! I thought we were going to lose him.

I liked the fangtasia flashbacks and i think we were all shocked that it was gingers idea! Where is she btw?

I hope theres a cure, i know this is the last season but eric cant die!
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to concede that after 3 shaky seasons the last 2 episodes have been astounding, True Blood back at its scintillating best.

Really enjoyed episodes 3 and 4. Great TV.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seasons 5 & 6 were fantastic and a big improvement on seasons 3 & 4 (which weren't bad). Thankfully the quality is carrying through to the final season.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I really think Seasons 1-4 have been the shows best with Seasons 5-6 being hit and miss with some good moments but not as good as earlier seasons. Season 7 has been okay so far.

Details for Comic Con as well ....

http://imhereforsookie.tumblr.com/post/91772033084/the-last-gathering-of-true-blood-at-san-diego
    Forum Member
    Bloody fantastic episode. Now this felt like the True Blood I fell in love with.

Brilliant character moments and I absolutely loved the 80s/90s flashbacks with Eric, Pam and Ginger. Getting the origins on Fangtasia was brilliantly done.

All of Eric and Pam's scenes in general were brilliant and I loved Willa giving her maker what for when they finally met again.

Nice to see Vince getting killed off as well during the rescue mission. Nice that whole plot has generally been resolved as well.

Great appearances from Hoyt, Terry and Jackson in this one as well. Nicely handled, all three of them.

Arlene's kids have really grown up as well.

Nice scenes with Sookie and everyone in this episode. A great one with her.

I like the reveal behind Jessica's predicament and it was great to see Sookie and Lafayette get through to her.

Overall, brilliant, 9/10
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again the best scenes were Eric and Pam's, I loved the whole Terminator 2 reference with Eric and Sarah.

Laffy telling Jessica whats up was amazing too, go on Violet, kill her!!!!

Bill trying to smile and bop his head along to the music at the party made me chuckle, I do not care for his flashbacks though. So did Sookie infect Bill?
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd get on with whatever storyline they've got set up with Tara. it#s five episodes after her death, and that mad mother of hers is still raving on about it.
    Bill trying to smile and bop his head along to the music at the party made me chuckle, I do not care for his flashbacks though. So did Sookie infect Bill?
    I'm suspecting that Sookie (unknowingly) infected both Eric and Bill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eric & Pam steal another episode. I liked Andy telling Jessica it was OK not to puniish herself.

Bill's flashbacks look like they are meant to make us think he was a good Southerner and a friend to slaves.
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I wish they'd get on with whatever storyline they've got set up with Tara. it#s five episodes after her death, and that mad mother of hers is still raving on about it.I'm suspecting that Sookie (unknowingly) infected both Eric and Bill.

Where was the hint that this happened?

My tv cut out for the last minute, the last i saw was bill getting out the bath and wrapping a towel around himself. Did anything happen after that? Im guessing maybe he had the vains?

Was it me or did sookie have some kind of change during the episode? In one scene she walked through a room and was reading minds with everyone slagging her off and blaming her for the vampires again. Later on she went through the same room and they were thinking how pretty and brave she was! Was this some kind of way of saying that when shes positive she hears the positive thoughts?
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

My tv cut out for the last minute, the last i saw was bill getting out the bath and wrapping a towel around himself. Did anything happen after that? Im guessing maybe he had the vains?

He looked in the mirror after he got out of the bath, and noticed the purple veins on his chest. Though, he only has the start of it as the veins were pretty small and only in one place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Eric & Pam steal another episode. I liked Andy telling Jessica it was OK not to puniish herself.

Bill's flashbacks look like they are meant to make us think he was a good Southerner and a friend to slaves.

I also think he's pining for his wife a bit too. I have a feeling they might kill at least one of either Eric or Bill off.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word "REPULIC**T :):):)
    Forum Member
    I've just thought, Sarah orchestrated this whole thing, right? What's the bet she's got (or knows the location of) a cure?
    It wasn't, it's just my speculation. Sookie has fed both Eric and Bill (and Bill fed on her in episode #2). I'm just putting 2+2, though not quite sure whether I'm coming out with 4 or 5 for the answer just yet. ;)
    Forum Member
    I've just thought, Sarah orchestrated this whole thing, right? What's the bet she's got (or knows the location of) a cure? It wasn't, it's just my speculation. Sookie has fed both Eric and Bill (and Bill fed on her in episode #2). I'm just putting 2+2, though not quite sure whether I'm coming out with 4 or 5 for the answer just yet. ;)

Ok, didnt sookie test negative for hep v though? Or maybe because her blood is unusual it couldnt be detected?

I thought maybe bill got it from drinking that god blood as he doesnt often drink real blood does he? But then if sarah newlin and her friends created hep v then it wouldnt have existed back then.

My other theory was maybe it isnt spread how they thought it was, or its just something that develops in a minority of vampires but its spread to an epidemic.

My final theory based on the flashbacks is that bill misses his family and purposly got infected to die. But then its a slow painful death so i dont know why he would opt for that?
    Forum Member
    Ok, didnt sookie test negative for hep v though? Or maybe because her blood is unusual it couldnt be detected?
    Seeing as Fye blood isn't known to many people, it's unlikely anyone would know if Sookie is a carrier (or even, whether she can become one?)
    My final theory based on the flashbacks is that bill misses his family and purposly got infected to die. But then its a slow painful death so i dont know why he would opt for that?
    That's a good theory, though what are the chances Sookie will 'save' him and they'll start their own family? This is the final series, and I'm expecting a (somewhat) happy ending for Sookie.
    Forum Member
    Seeing as Fye blood isn't known to many people, it's unlikely anyone would know if Sookie is a carrier (or even, whether she can become one?)

That's a good theory, though what are the chances Sookie will 'save' him and they'll start their own family? This is the final series, and I'm expecting a (somewhat) happy ending for Sookie.

I was thinking that sookie was clear because at the end of last series everyone did a blood test to see if they were a carrier or not. Im sure sookie said her results were negative. I suppose theres a chance that fey blood can carry it undetected.

My ultimate ending would be that a known fey would have to sacrifice themselves in order for their blood to be used to make a cure. Then we would see whether sookie would repay all the help shes received by sacrificing herself to save others. Or would adalyn be forced to do it?

Im still wondering if there was going to be anymore said about the hep v vamp killed by arlene. She was feeding on arlenes blood and then she exploded. There was also a scene where a hep v vamp was picking a victim to eat and he sniffed arlene, looked disgusted and then chose another victim. I thought they were leading to some kind of storyline involving arlenes blood but then it was never mentioned again.
    Forum Member
    Not as good as the previous episode. The Bill flashbacks in particular were pretty boring to watch.

Other than that, some great moments here though.

I liked the idea behind the party - celebrating life but I could see where Nicole was coming from by her meltdown with everyone.

Lettie Mae is head wrecking and stabbing Willa - there's a no no for me.

Sookie and Arlene's conversation over losing loved ones was nice. I'm start to believe in them more as friends now than ever before.

Bill having Hep V - I was a little surprised by that. Does that mean both him and Eric will be goners by the series finale?

Eric and Pam's Republican look was pretty comical as was the way the former nearly had Sarah in his grasp.

Glad Jessica/James broke up, even if Lafayette was a little hypocritical by giving the former some home truths. Jessica sleeping with Jason and Violet overhearing has to have some consequences later on.

Nice proposal scene with Andy/Holly. 8/10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember what happened to Rutger Hauer's character now, but it would be nice to see him again before the show finishes.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that sookie was clear because at the end of last series everyone did a blood test to see if they were a carrier or not. Im sure sookie said her results were negative. I suppose theres a chance that fey blood can carry it undetected.
    Either that, or it has other consequences? Bill's flashbacks got me thinking earlier; he's obviously thinking a lot about his past, his humanity, and aside from the whole Billith thing, he's always been the more ... human vampire? I ponder whether the writers are going to throw something crazy at us and have fey blood being able to cure hep v vampires (cure in the sense that it'll make them human again?); would be an interesting twist, no?
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I liked the idea behind the party - celebrating life but I could see where Nicole was coming from by her meltdown with everyone.
    That and she's pregnant, so hormones etc. ;)
    Bill having Hep V - I was a little surprised by that. Does that mean both him and Eric will be goners by the series finale?
    I can't see them both going, but one of them, surely. Now that they've both got it though, it's going to keep people guessing as to which one gets to survive.
    Glad Jessica/James broke up, even if Lafayette was a little hypocritical by giving the former some home truths. Jessica sleeping with Jason and Violet overhearing has to have some consequences later on.
    Well, I'm pretty sure Violet isn't going to make it to the end, not now. Surely they're less likely to kill off Jessica than they are Violet? Unless Violet kills Jessica and then Jason kills Violet?

There's a lot of deaths left to come yet, I'm sure, and I'm sorry Andy, but I can't see your wedding being the happiest day it's suppose to be.