Options

What is the point of Israel attacking Gaza?

Comments

• Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just add, I'm not actually Benjamin Netanyahu. Feel free to ignore me if you don't like what I have to say. If he comes on DS, argue with him. I'm just a bloke with an opinion, albeit a strong one. I highly doubt Netanyahu would entirely agree with me either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG. :o

You're frigging insane. I cannot believe this utter bile. I don't know, karjin, whether your comments are deliberate lies or whether you genuinely believe this bilge.

Not really. You obviously know little about banking and the people behind it, throughout history, not just present day. Instead of keep attacking other posters, do some research yourself, learn a bit about the world outside the mainstream media. It's not at all the way it's portrayed to the masses. That's no conspiracy theory either, see Assange and Snowden, for details...
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    How is it anti semitic? Are you saying there was no zionist terror groups committing acts of terror in Palestine in the 1930's and 40's especially? Or are you hoping to shut down debate by making the accusation of anti semitism?

Righttttt...

A Zionist world wide plot funded by the Rothschilds and their ilk?

An allegation which Karjin has made over and over again in this thread?

I make no apology for asserting he's a dyed in the wool anti semite, because he is.

He could express his (no doubt genuinely held) views regarding the Gaza conflict in any number of ways but he inevitably chooses to do so by invoking images of greedy, power mad Jews, dripping blood and dollars, then tells us that the use of the word "Zionist" makes this all o.k.

The fact you cant (or won't) concede the wholly innapropriate nature of his and similar postings illustrates the complete inability of what I describe as the keyboard Mujahideen on this forum to distinguish fantasy from reality.

And before you ask, I've made my views regarding other-side-of-the-fence posters such as Sun Tzu clear elsewhere.

Put another way, if I were to say that all Palestinian Nationalists were "Gazios" and persuaded enough people to adopt that title for political ends, it would by your reckoning be just dandy for me to repeatedly describe all "Gazios" as demented, brainwashed, jew murdering, corrupt greedy scum, and plenty worse.

I don't for one moment think you are an anti semite; you make a lot of intelligent, well thought out points, though I happen to diasagree with many of them.

But I do think you and many other posters have a complete blind spot to and exhibit a total lack of empathy on this point, which in truth goes to the heart of the entire conflict, rooted as it is in the shadow of history and the refusal of Jews to play the victim, for so much as one more day. It is utterly impossible for you, as an outsider, to realise the potency of this point within the Jewish and wider Israeli communities. It represents the beggining and the end of the Israeli philosphy and you ignore/marginalise it at your peril.

I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WindWalker wrote: »
    Not really. You obviously know little about banking and the people behind it, throughout history, not just present day. Instead of keep attacking other posters, do some research yourself, learn a bit about the world outside the mainstream media. It's not at all the way it's portrayed to the masses. That's no conspiracy theory either, see Assange and Snowden, for details...

Boom!

Another anti semitic jewish conspiracy theory, with some wikileaks seasoning, for good measure. Beacuse Assange is so obviously a model citizen. History will, I suspect, view him as nothing more than a jumped up David Icke.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    This is my first - and possibly last - contribution to this thread.

It is - I don't believe that there is any practical solution.

Having said that, I received unusually high marks by my average standards of education for saying in 4,000 words the same about Northern Ireland. That was in the early 1980s. Both I and my assessor were quickly proven wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beanybun wrote: »
    Boom!

Another anti semitic jewish conspiracy theory, with some wikileaks seasoning, for good measure. Beacuse Assange is so obviously a model citizen. History will, I suspect, view him as nothing more than a jumped up David Icke.

You really need to stop throwing out the inaccurate accusations. What is it, trying to shut down debate or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really need to stop throwing out the inaccurate accusations. What is it, trying to shut down debate or something?

Is that the new conspiracy nutjob go-to argument, is it? There's nothing to debate - there is no global Jewish conspiracy new world order.
  • Options
    FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jewish lobby controlling America is not a conspiracy theory.
    It is widely accepted.

Controlling America and its banks is a big deal on this planet. Maybe not on other planets but here it is big..

Here is some reading about planet earth's most powerful country and the lobby that controls it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_lobby_in_the_United_States
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay then, I'll bite. What's so bad about a global Jewish conspiracy? I'd be all in favour of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member

Or listen to someone like David Duke :

CNN Goldman Sachs and the Zio Matrix

Journalist Carl Bernstein
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    In relation to the quote I was replying to, I object to the idea that the world's governments are run by a Jewish conspiracy headlined by the Rothschilds as the poster way saying. And the rest of his unbalance ranting.

To repeat - do you accept that Israel illegally occupies land?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Quite.

You said "the Kingdom of Israel has been in existence since ancient times".

It hasn't, has it?
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Israeli army were firing warning shows at the Al Jazeera office in Gaza, what's that all about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beanybun wrote: »
    Righttttt...

A Zionist world wide plot funded by the Rothschilds and their ilk?

An allegation which Karjin has made over and over again in this thread?

I make no apology for asserting he's a dyed in the wool anti semite, because he is.

He could express his (no doubt genuinely held) views regarding the Gaza conflict in any number of ways but he inevitably chooses to do so by invoking images of greedy, power mad Jews, dripping blood and dollars, then tells us that the use of the word "Zionist" makes this all o.k.

The fact you cant (or won't) concede the wholly innapropriate nature of his and similar postings illustrates the complete inability of what I describe as the keyboard Mujahideen on this forum to distinguish fantasy from reality.

And before you ask, I've made my views regarding other-side-of-the-fence posters such as Sun Tzu clear elsewhere.

Put another way, if I were to say that all Palestinian Nationalists were "Gazios" and persuaded enough people to adopt that title for political ends, it would by your reckoning be just dandy for me to repeatedly describe all "Gazios" as demented, brainwashed, jew murdering, corrupt greedy scum, and plenty worse.

I don't for one moment think you are an anti semite; you make a lot of intelligent, well thought out points, though I happen to diasagree with many of them.

But I do think you and many other posters have a complete blind spot to and exhibit a total lack of empathy on this point, which in truth goes to the heart of the entire conflict, rooted as it is in the shadow of history and the refusal of Jews to play the victim, for so much as one more day. It is utterly impossible for you, as an outsider, to realise the potency of this point within the Jewish and wider Israeli communities. It represents the beggining and the end of the Israeli philosphy and you ignore/marginalise it at your peril.

I

And there we have it. We are "outsiders". Only the "insiders" (who are thus by accident of birth, of course) can possibly comment on the issues that the Israel/Palestine problem throws up, presumably.

And I note you didn't address the poster's point about the Zionist terrorists who murdered British soldiers who were fighting the Nazis in the war (and incredibly, their offer to fight alongside the Germans against the British).
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karijn wrote: »
    Or listen to someone like David Duke :

The David Duke? - the former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the new conspiracy nutjob go-to argument, is it? There's nothing to debate - there is no global Jewish conspiracy new world order.

I was referring to the number of times that poster levels that accusation. It's without foundation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there we have it. We are "outsiders". Only the "insiders" (who are thus by accident of birth, of course) can possibly comment on the issues that the Israel/Palestine problem throws up, presumably.

And I note you didn't address the poster's point about the Zionist terrorists who murdered British soldiers who were fighting the Nazis in the war (and incredibly, their offer to fight alongside the Germans against the British).

Careful GGP, when I pointed that out the other day, the post was removed.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite.

You said "the Kingdom of Israel has been in existence since ancient times".

It hasn't, has it?

The state of Israel existed then and it exists now.

So yes it has, hasn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Majlis wrote: »
    The David Duke? - the former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan? :confused:

Oh dear! My fault for not googling, sorry. :blush: I was in youtube att, and simply took the first videos I saw. Thanks for pointing this out though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karijn wrote: »
    Oh dear! My fault for not googling, sorry. :blush: I was in youtube att, and simply took the first videos I saw. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Well you do seem to have a bit of a theme going.

This is another article from a previous link you posted

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/06/22/a-defense-of-hitler-the-veteran/

For anybody brave enough to open the link it tells how wonderful Hitler was
  • Options
    Forum Member
    magratx wrote: »
    Well you do seem to have a bit of a theme going.

This is another article from a previous link you posted

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/06/22/a-defense-of-hitler-the-veteran/

For anybody brave enough to open the link it tells how wonderful Hitler was

Oh, dear. Thanks again. The male members of that generation in my family will be turning in their graves as they all fought in WWl & ll. :blush:

I really must be careful and check the links. I simply googled and this was the first link of a photo showing the boy being used as a human shield. There was also a link by the Guardian but that did not have a photo, only stating what happened to the Israeli soldiers.

Edit: I've just checked the link: Veteranstoday.com - Military & Foreign Affairs Journal. Is this not simply an army newspaper?
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Kerry seems to have turned up and made Obama like noises, with nothing substantial to say. Obama is trying to look concerned, humanitarian, and helpful for his own base- and he's still trying to follow through on the lines his Cairo speech. So he's offering some aid to Gaza. He's also telling Israel to avoid civilian casualties - which is pretty silly when his own military would tell him that thats pretty much impossible given Hamas are fighting in a built up area, no western army could do any better limiting civilian casualties, and the US were far less effective doing so in the Iraq campaign, Afghanistan, or the drone strikes.

The Kerry bottom line though remained the same. The ceasefire agrement has to be substantially the Egyptian proposal -- to reward Gaza with aid, to retain the blockade but allow more imports in return for disarmament , and to boost the Palestinian Authority over Hamas. Thats the UN view, the Arab League view, The Palestinian Authority view, the US view, the EU view and the Israeli view. The problem remains there's no victory in it for Hamas so they will keep on firing. As Egypt, Abbas. The Arab League and Israel are all agreed there can be no victory for Hamas, things are not going to end soon - unless someone squares the circle.

Kerry and Obama seem primarily media driven. Leaving aside Syria, where 3000 die every month, or Iraq where real massacres are occurring, or Pakistan where the airforce has been bombing the tribal areas, policy on the Ukraine and Gaza seems contradictory. In Gaza, the Israelis are told not to cause any civilian casualties ,Meanwhile, the US says nothing at all as both sides in the Ukraine use multiple rocket launchers on urban areas, with no international press videoing every casualty, and backs the Ukrainians right to deal with their insurrection.

Obama seems to just be making ritualistic noises in all directions at the moment, while not actually achieving anything on an any front - from the Ukraine, to Iraq to Iran, or Gaza. His successor is going to inherit a massive list of put-off, explosive, fermenting, problems.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know whether this list has been modified by Israel, but these are the items Israel blocked from 2007 until 2010:
    This list includes:

Portland cement and lime (in bulk, bags or barrels)
    Natural and Quarry aggregates and all varieties of gravel
    Ready concrete
    Precast concrete elements and products
    Steel elements and/or construction products
    Iron for foundations and columns, at any diameter (including wielded steel nets)
    Steel cables of any width
    Forms for construction elements (plastics or galvanized iron)
    Industrialized forms for casting concrete
    Plastic or composite beams more than 4 mm thick
    Thermal isolation materials and products
    Blocs (at any width) - Concrete; Silicate; Ytong or its equivalent; or gypsum
    Materials and products for sealing structures
    Asphalt and its components (Bitumen, emulsion) in aggregate or packaged
    Steel elements or framing products for construction
    Cast concrete elements and products for drainage over 1 m in diameter
    Precast units and sea-borne containers
    Vehicles, excluding private cars and including 4X4 vehicles and other categories of motor vehicles liable to be used in terror activities
    Lumber beams and boards more than 2 cm thick, (liable to be used in "offensive" tunneling aimed at penetrating Israeli territory), unless incorporated in finished products
    Specific procedures, on a case by case basis, will be established so as to permit the transfer of such lumber for other purposes in Gaza.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_imports
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »

I'm afraid this is the level of "nutjobbery" to which such posters descend.

Bizarre and of course, it leaves absolutely no room for sensible debate, which is a bit unfortunate given this is supposed to be a public forum dedicated to discussion, not the further dissemination of the Jewish libel which, it seems, never gets old.