Options

On The Yorkshire Buses - Fridays at 8pm on Channel 5

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you win a holiday to Hull in that competition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of offices don't even have air con he is lucky they have the machine.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The little fan is doing it's best.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    The little fan is doing it's best.:D

It's all we had in a givt department as we were told air con is dangerous and causes diseases so floor fans were what we had.

Though he is right if it's over 23c it's against H&S.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is boring, air conditioning and football matches don't think I will be watching the next one.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe the ongoing plot that they kept going back to throughout the show, was the office aircon, each scene identical to the last.

The Scarborough seafront stuff was a basic retread of last week as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Can't believe the ongoing plot that they kept going back to throughout the show, was the office aircon, each scene identical to the last.

An interesting idea that has gone wrong, not enough footage maybe they should have had less episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The diet coke maintenance man scene was quite funny as they were all looking at him doing his job.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to talk to the passengers, I bet they have great stories to tell.:D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

No more Scarborough.:( - or AirCon trouble.>:(

Did like the Football match...the guy from last week, can run.:o
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It was a little like deja-vu from last week.

As for the air-con saga, I have worked in far hotter temps than that. No upper limit is against the law apparently (lower limit is though)

Not sure I'll bother with this again. Anything to do with football sends me to sleep, so it's not looking good. ^_^ Hope it picks up next week. How many open top buses and their routines can they fit into one episode?
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be jobs ready made for stress and heart attacks.Nothing seems to have changed on the buses since I left it over twenty years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting all week for On The Yorkshire buses:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Las Vegas on the buses:o, advert alert.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Seems to be jobs ready made for stress and heart attacks.Nothing seems to have changed on the buses since I left it over twenty years ago.

Lol, and I find driving a bus relaxing, I guess it depends on where you're driving though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the bus?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He said he was juggling the buses:o
  • Options
    Sam WalkerSam Walker Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I've always had an interest in buses, so I'm really enjoying this series. If only Channel 5 did more of these documentaries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o Is he gonna eat a lotta burgers and collecting money to pay for the burgers?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    They do a hard job the drivers/mechanics and all the other good people at that bus company; but I can think this is a one off series on c5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He went for the chips first:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordon Bennett:o
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So on last night';s episode, they didn't have enough buses. So the big boss just picked up the phone and got 5 new ones from the showroom in Scotland. Wrong! Their ain't no showroom in Scotland, and the backlog or orders to supply is currently at over 6 months! So no way could he get 5 new buses unless Alexander Dennis cancelled someone else's order.

Methinks East Yorkshire are a little tight on their fleet and need to learn some lessons on how to run a bus company without peeing off your customers
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    So on last night';s episode, they didn't have enough buses. So the big boss just picked up the phone and got 5 new ones from the showroom in Scotland. Wrong! Their ain't no showroom in Scotland, and the backlog or orders to supply is currently at over 6 months! So no way could he get 5 new buses unless Alexander Dennis cancelled someone else's order.

Methinks East Yorkshire are a little tight on their fleet and need to learn some lessons on how to run a bus company without peeing off your customers

I was sent to pick up a brand new bus from a Dennis Dart place near Stonehaven in Aberdeenshire, so there is a showroom in Scotland.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV Wales also have a Bus programme on at the moment, but it's more in the same vein as the Michael Portillo-led "Great British Railway Journeys", called 'Wales on a Bus Pass' (it's on every Thursday at 8.30pm)

He spends about a minute in my home town at the start of the first episode.

First Episode link