Options

"Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia lose control"

Comments

• Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that headline as meaning the geckos are up for anything sexually. Then I read the piece - there are four girl geckos and one lucky boy gecko - so I guess they are!;-)
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet the SyFy channel steal this for a movie of the same name :D
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex Lizards From Space.
    I'm sure that will be on the SyFy channel soon, probably with Debbie Gibson in it.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gah. Curse you RainbowGirl22
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame they didn't include meerkats
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Sex Lizards From Space.
    I'm sure that will be on the SyFy channel soon, probably with Debbie Gibson in it.

Nah, it'll be on The People's Voice, surely?
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poor animals are going to slowly starve to death, not that funny really.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice to know that people care about the welfare of animals that aren't just "cute and fluffy", if this satellite contained a dog, cat or even a hamster people would be baying for blood!
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Nice to know that people care about the welfare of animals that aren't just "cute and fluffy", if this satellite contained a dog, cat or even a hamster people would be baying for blood!

Its not often mentioned, but the first creature in space, the dog Laika, died when the capsule overheated. There was never any plan to bring her back safely:(
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Its not often mentioned, but the first creature in space, the dog Laika, died when the capsule overheated. There was never any plan to bring her back safely:(

Todays RSPCA would be up for a prosecution.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Gah. Curse you RainbowGirl22

I liked your movie title better but yep you were too slow :o:D
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »

It would be good if the craft was hit by 'cosmic rays' and the geckos mutated into superintelligent spacelizards, smart enough to come back and zap the shitty little planet which sent them up to die to smithereens.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tha'ts some job, watching floating geckos getting their extra-terrestrial rocks off.
    I'm surprised they didn't broadcast it on the webcam.
    What were they planning, a gator farm on MIR?
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An well, lets hope they manage to get control & get them back to earth safely, and nothing, 'happens'.....
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in an apartment one summer where a gecko was also in residence. Freaked me out when I woke up one day and saw it directly above me on the ceiling. But I grew to love it.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one welcome our new gecko overlords
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not funny at all! >:(
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Not funny at all! >:(
    Worry not anne, they're safe, they will make a triumphal return to earth :p !!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/28/geckos-lost-russian-satellite-found
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They only re-established radio contact.
    They won't be returning to earth as conquerors after having cosmic-ray mutated into the master race. Unless they have evolved so far they can engineer themselves a re-entry shield out of gecko pot noodle containers.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how the lizard people take over, they evolve in space, build a time machine & come back to rule the world using really clever human suits to be the Queen and many, many other people!

David Icke was right all along!

Shits just got real!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    It sounds like the Russians were trying to make their own version of Snakes on a Plane.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Worry not anne, they're safe, they will make a triumphal return to earth :p !!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/28/geckos-lost-russian-satellite-found

You can put that tongue away, funny b***r! :kitty::D
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waste of money, if you ask me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has the plot of Extant written all over it. If any of them are now pregnant we're all doomed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new gecko overlords

Sorry I clearly meant

I for one welcome our new fruit fly overlords

The only survivors of the Photon-M4 satellite's return to earth were the fruit flies