Chris said he was at his lowest ebb last year.....

Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
Forum Member
It sounded as if he was in a desparate situation. So what if BB, BOTS and Steven Goode's campaign against him sends him over the edge and can't cope with life, will they take any responsibility? There is no doubt that BB has set him up good and proper and BBOTS audience and guests whipping up hatred against him. I also hope that Danielle, Matthew and Toya will also take some responsibility as they started it all by telling lies against Pav. Poor Chris, I can't help but worry about him.

Comments

• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be harsh but if this was the case, he shouldn't have gone into the house.

BB shouldn't take blame.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Yes, no-one should ever say anything mean about a 33-year-old man because he had a bad time once. I am sure none of the other housemates have ever gone through tough times.

I am sure you had the same sympathy for Helen with her obvious difficult past.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Sorry to be harsh but if this was the case, he shouldn't have gone into the house.

BB shouldn't take blame.

I disagree, BB should take the ultimate blame, because it's becoming clear that they took him on in order to destroy him.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    I disagree, BB should take the ultimate blame, because it's becoming clear that they took him on in order to destroy him.

Oh my days....

As you were!
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Yes, no-one should ever say anything mean about a 33-year-old man because he had a bad time once. I am sure none of the other housemates have ever gone through tough times.

I am sure you had the same sympathy for Helen with her obvious difficult past.

Helen has proven herself to be a vindictively, nasty person, who intimidated the house and as for her 'difficult past' that was self-inflicted due to her lose morals.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    It sounded as if he was in a desparate situation. So what if BB, BOTS and Steven Goode's campaign against him sends him over the edge and can't cope with life, will they take any responsibility? There is no doubt that BB has set him up good and proper and BBOTS audience and guests whipping up hatred against him. I also hope that Danielle, Matthew and Toya will also take some responsibility as they started it all by telling lies against Pav. Poor Chris, I can't help but worry about him.

I haven't seen them whipping up hatred against him .........now if we were talking about Helen I'd go some way to agreeing with you.

I think it's shocking the way in which they've promoted a prolonged and one sided attack against her.
  • Helen567Helen567 Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understand what you are saying, but why would you put yourself on the show if you struggle with depression?
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

How can you tell if he was desperate? Some people are low over a bereavement or redundancy or a failed relationship.

He is thirty three years old. He applied for BB and went in voluntarily. He was checked by psychologists.

He has not more been set up than any other of the HMs who get edited at the discretion of the producers. We see a few minutes per day of each HM and what we see and what we don't see is carefully edited for good or for ill.

He said pre-entry that he was sure of who he is creatively but not sure of who he is as as a person. So he went in to learn things about himself. It was a conscious decision.

He is a strong person and is intelligent and talented. I hope that he is not evicted on Friday. But they all get evicted eventually. I'd like Zoe to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chris has been doing rather well in BB until the last couple of weeks, I very much doubt the producers knew beforehand that he would become infatuated with Ashleigh and make a fool of himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    Chris has been doing rather well in BB until the last couple of weeks, I very much doubt the producers knew beforehand that he would become infatuated with Ashleigh and make a fool of himself.

He is still doing well. He is still there. He is liked by his HMs who are all agreed that his relationship with Ashleigh is an appropriate friendship. They have all said so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member

He is a clever man, keeping on and on about not trusting Pav and saying that he stares at Ashley, clearly it's a mission to get the housemates and the public go against Pav so that he would be nominated and be evicted, he is truly petrified that he'll be voted out before him, even though he enjoyed nominating Steve when evicted he cunningly said it was not fair that the old housemates are voted off before the new ones knowing the chance would be him to be next, remember at the start he moaned that he was bored due to no one intelligent enough to talk to in the house but now he has befriended the very ones he hated and looked down on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gillipot wrote: »
    He is a clever man, keeping on and on about not trusting Pav and saying that he stares at Ashley, clearly it's a mission to get the housemates and the public go against Pav so that he would be nominated and be evicted, he is truly petrified that he'll be voted out before him, even though he enjoyed nominating Steve when evicted he cunningly said it was not fair that the old housemates are voted off before the new ones knowing the chance would be him to be next, remember at the start he moaned that he was bored due to no one intelligent enough to talk to in the house but now he has befriended the very ones he hated and looked down on

Clearly? It's not clear to the HMS who have not confirmed this and not to me either.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen them whipping up hatred against him .........now if we were talking about Helen I'd go some way to agreeing with you.

I think it's shocking the way in which they've promoted a prolonged and one sided attack against her.

did you watch BOTS last nite with Steven Goode ?

here's a link if you'd missed it

http://www.channel5.com/shows/big-brothers-bit-on-the-side/episodes/episode-48-92
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh gosh Rikki.

They are just trying to make a TV show... Chris has behaved appallingly this week and has let his supporters down. But that is his doing, not the bosses.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only person in that house who is being victimised and bullied is Chris. Like him or not he is a human being who does not deserve to be demonised for no reason, other than he was getting to be too popular.

He is accused of stuff that has no basis in fact. He may well have recovered from whatever made him low last year, but nobody would cope well with this character assassination. for a TV channel to try and destroy someone for their own agenda is a new low.

Even if I didn't like him I would say that in sighting hatred like this is dangerous for the victim and actually is illegal. Perhaps the vile Emma Willis should be aware of this before she sniggers and boasts about her tacky show helping to label him.
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh Rikki.

They are just trying to make a TV show... Chris has behaved appallingly this week and has let his supporters down. But that is his doing, not the bosses.
    No he hasn't, especially the bit in bold. We're still rooting for him.

Chris has a very strong group of friends outside the house who are treating the show with the cynicism it deserves. They'll make sure he's OK, don't worry. :)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    How can you tell if he was desperate? Some people are low over a bereavement or redundancy or a failed relationship.

He is thirty three years old. He applied for BB and went in voluntarily. He was checked by psychologists.

He has not more been set up than any other of the HMs who get edited at the discretion of the producers. We see a few minutes per day of each HM and what we see and what we don't see is carefully edited for good or for ill.

He said pre-entry that he was sure of who he is creatively but not sure of who he is as as a person. So he went in to learn things about himself. It was a conscious decision.

He is a strong person and is intelligent and talented. I hope that he is not evicted on Friday. But they all get evicted eventually. I'd like Zoe to go.

Indeed and I am sure he has, in fact I think we are getting some insight into his learning about himself process. The sense of being conflicted these past two weeks I have found very interesting. I have to say BB as a way of finding out who you are seems something of a nuclear option but I am sure he made the decision knowingly.

Often people who have faced adversity and come through are often stronger than those who have never experienced such issues.

He will also have had 8 weeks (or maybe more) intense character study time. His fellow HMs will no doubt provide some excellent reference material for future acting roles.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValW wrote: »
    No he hasn't, especially the bit in bold. We're still rooting for him.

Chris has a very strong group of friends outside the house who are treating the show with the cynicism it deserves. They'll make sure he's OK, don't worry. :)

They have been supporting him all series, praising how lovely and caring he is. Then this last fortnight he has shown how nasty he really is - in his behaviour towards Pav.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

I will never understand why anyone watches this BBOTS rubbish. Watching BB is bad enough but this programme is so vile. Why do intelligent people sink so low.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    paralax wrote: »
    The only person in that house who is being victimised and bullied is Chris. Like him or not he is a human being who does not deserve to be demonised for no reason, other than he was getting to be too popular.

He is accused of stuff that has no basis in fact. He may well have recovered from whatever made him low last year, but nobody would cope well with this character assassination. for a TV channel to try and destroy someone for their own agenda is a new low.

Even if I didn't like him I would say that in sighting hatred like this is dangerous for the victim and actually is illegal. Perhaps the vile Emma Willis should be aware of this before she sniggers and boasts about her tacky show helping to label him.

Great post paralax, they did it to Ashleigh too and why I haven't watched for 4 weeks and will never watch again. I also agree about Emma and BBOTS as my previous post states.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have been supporting him all series, praising how lovely and caring he is. Then this last fortnight he has shown how nasty he really is - in his behaviour towards Pav.

I have rooted for Chris too but I cannot abide blind loyalty. The guy hasn't murdered anyone but his behaviour has been very dissappointing and I think, even as a supporter, it's only fair to acknowledge it. Hope he doesn't go on Fri and perhaps things will settle down for him. He certainly doesn't deserve the vitrol that came his way from Steven, Emma Willis and the BBBOTS audience. Quite disgraceful >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    I very much doubt the producers knew beforehand that he would become infatuated with Ashleigh

:)I agree, and I don't think Chris knows exactly what his feelings for his friend Ashleigh are; he's quite confused about things currently. I think there's hope, he challenged her when she said that Christopher should apologise to her, and with more than a hint of irony in his voice. He's no pushover.

I'd like him to stay on Friday, and build some bridges with Pav.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed and I am sure he has, in fact I think we are getting some insight into his learning about himself process. The sense of being conflicted these past two weeks I have found very interesting. I have to say BB as a way of finding out who you are seems something of a nuclear option but I am sure he made the decision knowingly.

Often people who have faced adversity and come through are often stronger than those who have never experienced such issues.

He will also have had 8 weeks (or maybe more) intense character study time. His fellow HMs will no doubt provide some excellent reference material for future acting roles.

I think that he is one of those HMs who gains something from the experience. A friend or two perhaps, greater insight and material for his art and acting pursuits.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I have rooted for Chris too but I cannot abide blind loyalty. The guy hasn't murdered anyone but his behaviour has been very dissappointing and I think, even as a supporter, it's only fair to acknowledge it. Hope he doesn't go on Fri and perhaps things will settle down for him. He certainly doesn't deserve the vitrol that came his way from Steven, Emma Willis and the BBBOTS audience. Quite disgraceful >:(

I agree with you Scarlett about blind loyalty - its not called FANaticism for nothing I suppose.

I wasn't especially enamoured of Chris to start with, although I did enjoy his diary room observations. I found him a bit closed off to be really likable. No criticism intended, some people are like that, I just don't happen to warm to them easily.

But through the last two weeks my interest in Chris has grown. His stated and very apparent sense of being conflicted has intrigued me. I am fascinated to see HM's wrestle with their inner demons.

I don't buy into this silly nonsense about Ashleigh. He may admire her and there is nothing wrong with that in my book but I have seen nothing that I would call inappropriate in his behaviour.

I was disappointed that he wasn't friendly towards Pav and I feel he made some errors of judgement and let himself down. On the other hand he seems to be a personality that doesn't find building relationships easy and finds change harder than some to cope with.

The fact that he did struggle and was ambivalent had, for me, a sort of integrity about it. It seemed consistent with the person he appears to be. I liked him better for working through it and trying to use his reason to overcome his emotion than I would have had he just pretended to be happy, happy, happy about the arrival of new HMs.

It was odd and perhaps telling that he chose to pick on Pav for staring at Ashleigh, also in the context of being up for public judgement very damaging. But I doubt it was a conscious choice and perhaps there was something Freudian about it. I certainly think there were all sorts of mixed feelings and for a time, I imagine he didn't really know what he thought with any clarity.

It was rough on Pav and ideally I would have liked him to have been kinder.. On the other hand nobody was there to help Chris find his way from an awkward outsider to one of the group so I am not sure why we expected Chris to pave the way for Pav. It would have been nice for Pav to have the help of someone who had already trodden the same path, but no I see no reason why he shouldn't be left to make his own journey independently either.

The net result is, for me , stay or go tomorrow, Chris has become a much more interesting character than he was.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »

So what of the bad behaviour from Chris towards Pav then. Trying to turn the other housemates against him, to embarrass the poor lad by confronting him for staring at Ashleigh but then to tell Christopher that he finds himself staring at her and how much he loves and adores her.

I am sorry but how can you feel sorry for Chris but not for what he is doing to Pav? Plus I don't see Emma as being vile and labelling Chris, she is just doing her job and showing the facts. Nobody is sighting hatred for anybody other than Chris for what he is doing to Pav. I sometimes wonder what some people are actually watching.