Options

Heinz curried beans - what happened ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering what the hell happened to Heinz curried beans ?

They used to be sold in those little cans and were delicious , thing I always noticed was they were the devil to clean out before recycling as his couldn't just swill them out like normal beans .

Anyways , they seemed to just disappear off the shelves for about 5 weeks and suddenly reappeared a few days ago but in a large sized , differently designed can .

Now, sadly they just don't taste anywhere near as nice as before , they seemed to have watered down the contents and curry sauce as they swill out clean a whole lot easier.

Incidentally , I tried a much cheaper tin of Tesco's own currie beans it chucked them out as they were simply inedible .

Just wondering if anyone had had a similar experience .

Comments

• Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were vulgar and rightly got the boot. :)
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    They were 'orrible.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Just mix in a tablespoon of curry powder and make your own with . My preferred brand are Sainsbury's own as the sauce is thicker and has a stronger tomato taste.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Just mix in a tablespoon of curry powder and make your own with . My preferred brand are Sainsbury's own as the sauce is thicker and has a stronger tomato taste.

This is what I do, and another idea is to add a teaspoon of smokey barbecue sauce to beans for baked potato filling! Delicious!
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Years ago Heinz did 'sofrito beans' they were delicious - but they stopped making them back in the late 80's, early 90's.
    I loved them.:(