Options

Waitrose and Pippa Middleton

IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
Forum Member
✭✭
Will anyone be taking advice from Pippa when she starts her new careet as a food writer for Waitrose covering 'casual dining ideas and recipes' enabling one to entertain in relaxed and stylish fashion.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it will be wonderful

can't hardly wait.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    No but I'd buy a book on self-defense by Kate. I've always thought she looks a bit handy.

Besides, I don't think it's the host job to be calm and relaxed when entertaining. It's your job to run around like a blue-arsed fly, smile through gritted teeth and wretchedly search for cocktail sticks.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Waitrose clientele deserve her.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »

Oooooh, reverse snobbery! How unusual on DS. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Oooooh, reverse snobbery! How unusual on DS. :rolleyes:

....perhaps he's just a big fan of both?
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither actually.
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »

Excuse me I'm a Waitrose fan and am a tad annoyed that they have given this woman print space :mad:
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Will anyone be taking advice from Pippa when she starts her new careet as a food writer for Waitrose covering 'casual dining ideas and recipes' enabling one to entertain in relaxed and stylish fashion.:rolleyes:

Yes indeedy!!!

I can hardly wait for budding food & lifestyle guru Pipp's pearls of wisdom...............................or maybe not :yawn:
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a little thin for my liking to take any sort of dining or eating advice from !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    She is a little thin for my liking to take any sort of dining or eating advice from !

Oh but it's not about the food, dahling. It's all about 'stylish' entertainment! ;)
  • Options
    cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Given that half of the UK population are likely to be obese by 2030 then perhaps PM is just the sort of person that should be given some level of prominence as a food writer? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that half of the UK population are likely to be obese by 2030 then perhaps PM is just the sort of person that should be given some level of prominence as a food writer? :confused:

Huge difference with being obese and looking like you enjoy what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thin people can be just as enthusiastic and evangelical about food as any other size of person, I wouldn't say that was a hindrance.

I would like to know exactly what her culinary credentials are though. did she study at the Le Cordon Bleu or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Huge difference with being obese and looking like you enjoy what you are talking about.

There are plenty of slim, healthy-looking chefs though. Michel Roux Jr, Jason Atherton, Marcus Wareing, Gennaro Contaldo, Valentine Warner, Locatelli - that's just off the top of my head.
  • Options
    cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But your reference was to her body shape not her demeanour. :confused:
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apparently, you don't have to drink coffee out of the saucer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    There are plenty of slim, healthy-looking chefs though. Michel Roux Jr, Jason Atherton, Marcus Wareing, Gennaro Contaldo, Valentine Warner, Locatelli - that's just off the top of my head.

I have a tendancy to distrust them too, :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But your reference was to her body shape not her demeanour. :confused:

I wasn't talking anout her demeanor there either :confused: She doesn't look like someone who cooks or enjoys her food. She doesn't need to be obese just happy to muck in and eat. (yes muck in I guess is demeanor).

Nothing against the girl she is probably delightful just doesn't inspire me to confidence in her abilities to fill the shoes she is taking over.
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to Waitrose the quality of the other supermarkets food really sucks. Only M & S is comparable on quality. Love Waitrose! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a tendancy to distrust them too, :p

All of them? Blimey! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Compared to Waitrose the quality of the other supermarkets food really sucks. Only M & S is comparable on quality. Love Waitrose! :D

I love it too, though I don't shop there exclusively because the nearest one to us is not all that near. A lot of people think that it is more expensive than other supermarkets, but that's actually not the case at all. Our weekly shop at Waitrose comes out at around the same as our weekly shop at Sainsbury's, and the quality is better. Their basics range is very good indeed.

Good quality at reasonable prices. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shop exclusively at Waitrose - I am
    willing to give Pippa a chance :D Why not :p
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble in paradise? In DM it says that many customers are not very happy that Waitrose have employed Pippa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2286837/Pippa-Middleton-replaces-Delia-Smith-new-face-Waitrose-Customers-boil-Twitter-Facebook.html
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Queenie is pissed off.

'Her Majesty the Queen' is dismayed at the latest job news from the Middleton side of the family.
    http://news.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/pippa-and-waitrose-a-recipe-for-disaster

Pippa wrote:
    Her repertoire is said to include:

1. How to put a party hat on without ruining one’s hair

2. Warming marshmallows on a caravan gas fire

3. 101 things one can do with a tube of Pringles

4. Spam: the hidden gem in your cupboard

5. Meals to catch a second-in-line to the throne (still working on that one)

This is what happens when you let your son marry riff-raff.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Trouble in paradise? In DM it says that many customers are not very happy that Waitrose have employed Pippa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2286837/Pippa-Middleton-replaces-Delia-Smith-new-face-Waitrose-Customers-boil-Twitter-Facebook.html

Waitrose customers don't read the Daily Mail. :cool:

Personally, I'd be as likely to take Pippa Middleton's advice on cookery as I would Genghis Kahn's advice on running a children's creche. But then again, who knew one could get so far on the basis of one's derriere?