[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Helsinki. Bloody freezing.

Comments

• CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to go to get my shopping in town instead of online. Waiting for a cab afterwards and my feet were freezing. Really freezing I had to walk about and jump to keep feeling in my toes. I was very close to frostbite.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swimming in a moorland pool.

Worse than the sea in April, and that's bloody cold.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buried head down to my waist in a snowdrift on a skiing holiday many years ago...
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    The coldest I've ever felt was when I was staying in a horrid, drafty, delapidated, ramshackle hotel just outside stranraer.

If you asked for another blanket the staff just gave you a weird stare like you were asking for a rocket to the moon.
    Fortunately, I was in a room with 2 single beds so I stripped the sheets and blankets off the other bed and, when that didn't help, I ended up using the matress off the other bed like a super-duvet.

It was so cold that every morning there was ice on the inside of the windows and, what was worse, the ice had whizzy patterns carved into it by the drafts blowing through the room.

I've been in much colder places but you normally get fancy cold weather gear so it isn't actually too bad.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last feb, Austria. It was -24C...and I'd just arrived from Bangkok where it was 35C .brrrrrr
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this girl wins :eek::D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2SeEzxMuE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever been so cold that your snot freezes up inside your nose? And then had Finnish people laughing at you and saying, "oh, it gets much colder than this.."
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was about seven years ago, standing on top of the Empire State building. The icy wind was brutal and almost knocked me off my feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I think it was about seven years ago, standing on top of the Empire State building. The icy wind was brutal and almost knocked me off my feet.

someone once told me that the coldest they had ever felt was in New York in winter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Back in November or December when the bus didn't turn up at the end of a night shift and I had to wait for the next one, which was an hr later. Then a wait for the next bus at the bus station and a ten minute walk back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably one of those nights when I 'roughed it' back in my school days. Usually ended up in the middle of a field or some bus shelter at 4 in the morning coming down from a high and absolutely freezing cold just wanting my warm bed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    someone once told me that the coldest they had ever felt was in New York in winter.

I felt warmer standing on top of glaciers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I felt warmer standing on top of glaciers.

I know what you mean. I felt warmer snowboarding in the highest French Alps resort. I think it must have something to do with being near the sea.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that time I managed to get off alive of a sinking ship and managed to find a floating door to lay on in the middle of the atlantic ocean, bloody freezing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I felt warmer snowboarding in the highest French Alps resort. I think it must have something to do with being near the sea.

I think it has something to do with the westerly winds blowing in the icy air from the interior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that time I managed to get off alive of a sinking ship and managed to find a floating door to lay on in the middle of the atlantic ocean, bloody freezing

are you Kate Winslet?
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Koln in Winter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Koln in Winter

That's what the Koelsch is for.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The coldest I've ever been is when I ended a (short) relationship by ignoring the person and phasing him out.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waking up in the mornings at -35 and still having to go to school in Toronto.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Waking up in the mornings at -35 and still having to go to school in Toronto.

Assssss long as i was next to you :cool:
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coldest ive ever felt was a winter in paris, open top bus top deck romance was gone it was baltic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    coldest ive ever felt was a winter in paris, open top bus top deck romance was gone it was baltic

He didn't hold you tight? :eek:
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he did but he was a skinny malink it was like huggin a skeleton :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    he did but he was a skinny malink it was like huggin a skeleton :(

I'm not skinny :o