The Voice UK Series 2 ● Blind Auditions Show 2 ● Sat BBC1/HD 7:00 ● Discussion Thread

1363738394042»

Comments

• rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was maybe "Light the Night" by Andy Burrows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhcl33XnrI

Sounded like the instrumental bit at the time, but can't get onto iPlayer to check for definite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    rachymac wrote: »

Sounded like the instrumental bit at the time, but can't get onto iPlayer to check for definite

Aaaahhhh, got it, thank you, that's the artist, Hometown is the song, problem solved!! :D
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to have been of help (even if I got it wrong!) :D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Thriller bloke was awful.

Flat as hell
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness though you need to give the show a chance it's only on episode 2 there's not always going to be an amazing singer on every show give it time ill bet you'll find your next Jazz or Ruth :)

Ive spent 2 episodes waiting for a Ruth or Jaz to no avail. By ep 2 last year we had some really decent talent in the lineup. Not this year.

So far the 2 most memorable for me are the blind girl and the Will lookalike
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I LOVED the Voice last year. Maybe it was cos it was all new??

But Im not feeling it this year. Wheres the big voices like Ruth Brown or jaz Ellington??

Annoyed at amount of West End singers on it. Of couse they are entitled to audition, but to me this also throws up the possibility that the BBC send some kinda round robin request to all West End theatres begging for singers.
    I too loved The Voice last year - even by the time it was two episodes in, but IMO there seems to be more time for sob stories and montages than last year as it was one of the reasons why I preferred this over X-Factor (one of many reasons).
    I'm still liking this series so far but even some of the dialogue from the judges seem a bit scripted or forced too.
    That said I'm not bothered by a 'lack of big voices' as there were a couple good ones last and this week; I was so touched by Liam's contribution that I nearly shed a tear! ;)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Smith and Jones - bah humbug to all of you who don't root for a pair of young lovebirds :p
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Smith and Jones - bah humbug to all of you who don't root for a pair of young lovebirds :p

Lol they come from not far from me lol. The girl actually has an amazing voice, to be honest she would be better on her own. But i liked the 2 together but not as recording artists, i would watch them on a show or something. So sweet lol.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »
    I suppose we should just be pleased that the auditions are recorded. Fancy watching her make her mind up for 25 minutes! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL to be honest i wasnt that blown away by her.
  • MatthartlaneMatthartlane Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »

Ahhhh that's it!.. Thank you!.. Funny thing is that I have that song on my phone!.. I herd it and for the life of me couldn't remember what it was!..

Thanks!..

Edit : yes it is hometown!... Thought it was the snowman and the snowdog song!.. Beautiful song still!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone pleaseee know the ratings for last night and who won out of them and ant and dec?xx
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Woman's Work.

Can tell you are a Kate Bush fan by your forum name. My sister is a big Kate Bush fan. I remember hearing her play her records in her bedroom. One of my favourites is Wuthering Hights and the man with the child in his eyes.