Transponder Changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    ...Looking at the specs 2E will be able to cover the E and F bands on it's own (just) with 2A being kept as a reserve...
    I thought 2A was going to be relocated to 23.5°?
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,597
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »

That's the eventual plan. Whether this happens when 2E arrives in a Month or so or they keep 2A active until 2G arrives we'll have to see. They may migrate all the 2A TP's to 2E and keep 2A as backup until 2G is in place.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed the new 2F transponders for the former Eurobird channels would be on a pan European beam, but both lyngsat and kingofsat are saying they're all on UK beam.

On the satellites.co.uk forum the various observations are showing signals well outside the UK Spot beam coverage so it's look like most, if not all, are on the pan European beam.
    soulboy77 wrote: »

Presumably after 2G is on station?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Checking ny freesatbox in uk it seems a few channels are now on a uk beqm at moment

It's all in flux at the moment

You've had:-
    to around 00:00 UTC on October 4 - Eutelsat 28A
    from 30 Sept until October 10 - Astra 2A and 1N
    since around 03:00 UTC on October 4 - Astra 2F Pan Europe

The various EPGs were switched from 28A to 2A/1N around October 1, and may have been switched back (although reports are inconsistent) - it's possible Sky and Freesat are illuminating 2F over the weekend to ensure it all works properly before an EPG update during the working week. The 2F transponders are currently identifying as either 28A or 2A/1N Mux's

Once the EPGs switch the boxes pick the changes up either next night, or when you put it into standby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    kev wrote:

"B Band UK Spot - Currently 2F but data traffic only - possibly being held back until 2E or 2G enters service at which point further UK Spot Beam capacity will open up."

Hi

Assuming you mean 11464H and 11479V, how do you know they're on 2F?
    I've read reception reports from around Europe, and even people who can't receive either the 2F spot or the 2F PE beam, still get a very strong signal on these two frequencies. The most common theory seems to be that they're on the 1N PE2 beam.

Personally I have no idea. I'm just curious.

Regards,
    B.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BenSat wrote: »
    kev wrote:

"B Band UK Spot - Currently 2F but data traffic only - possibly being held back until 2E or 2G enters service at which point further UK Spot Beam capacity will open up."

Hi

Assuming you mean 11464H and 11479V, how do you know they're on 2F?
    I've read reception reports from around Europe, and even people who can't receive either the 2F spot or the 2F PE beam, still get a very strong signal on these two frequencies. The most common theory seems to be that they're on the 1N PE2 beam..

The reports I'd seen all said 2F initially, but as you say nothings 100%.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gone to pot again here, back to getting BBC London etc.... :p