Endeavour is back soon!

davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just saw the trailer for the new series of Endeavour on ITV coming soon. It's made me really excited! I love this show and think Shaun Evans is perfect in the role. Who else has seen the trailer and is looking forward to it?

Comments

• hallchallc Posts: 200,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it is coming back. While I agree he is very good, Roger Allam is the star of the show great actor great voice..
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    If Roger Allam is there, I'm in.

I never miss 'Sarah and Duck', for the same reason...
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't Wait, looking forward to it
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show! Am impressed it's back relatively quickly after the last series too.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geektown says sun 30th march
  • dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,108
    Forum Member
    I just saw the trailer for the new series of Endeavour on ITV coming soon. It's made me really excited! I love this show and think Shaun Evans is perfect in the role. Who else has seen the trailer and is looking forward to it?

Saw this last week, can't wait, one of my favorites !, I am watching the previous episodes that were on ITV 3 recently, Love it.:)
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »

... and Cabin Pressure ?

RA is a smooth-talking, calculating, seen-it-all airline pilot who works every situation to his advantage, working under Benedict Cumberbatch as inexperienced, anxious, by-the-book 'Captain' on a cheapo one plane air charter company. Brilliantly funny!

Yes, I'll watch Endeavour.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant - loved the first series.
  • EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    elfcurry wrote: »
    ... and Cabin Pressure ?

RA is a smooth-talking, calculating, seen-it-all airline pilot who works every situation to his advantage, working under Benedict Cumberbatch as inexperienced, anxious, by-the-book 'Captain' on a cheapo one plane air charter company. Brilliantly funny!

Yes, I'll watch Endeavour.

Cabin Pressure is (was :() just superb. All the actors in it are fantastic.
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    RA and Bumbersnatch? Must check that one out.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not entered the Morse universe before but will be tempted by this
    Forum Member
    LordBobbin wrote: »

Just watching old episode of Inspector Morse on catch up and Roger Allam is in it playing a college bod. He looks so young but the voice ithe same:)
    Forum Member
    Tonight at 8pm, can't wait!:)
  • Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this so much! :D
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amused at the poster advertising Caplin's Holiday Camp, complete with Yellow Coat. I wondeer where the nicked that idea !
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,771
    Forum Member
    "i've seen better gnashers running at Uttoxeter'. Loved that line.:D
  • ChapwithwingsChapwithwings Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, Wolvercote Tongue reference
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Loving the little Morse references, like the Wolvercote tongue and Copley Barnes (Geoffrey Palmer's character in The Infernal Serpent)
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, Wolvercote Tongue reference

Yes indeed! My children have just looked at me strangely for yelling "What great continuity!" at the TV! (I'll explain to them later!)
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Fantastic first episode there. Shaun Evans is so good as Morse.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Sorry, what was the significance of the very final scene with the gloved hands?
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what the music was in the last scene? Not the theme music, and not 'La Traviata'.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »

We will have to wait and see on that.
    I noticed the ring on the little finger.......(you can not serve two masters)......I hope I am wrong there.

Anyone else spot John Thaws daughter in it?

I loved tonight's episode.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »

Freemasons wear white gloves and many coppers are masons.

So presumably the implication is Morse upset the local masons which may have adversely affected his future career and relationships. He only became an inspector whereas his talents might have suggested more.
  • Bryant N MayBryant N May Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the fact that it was trying to explain the disappearance on the notebook I didn't understand the last scene either. Was it just telling us that there were masons involved but leaving it a mystery who the individuals actually were ?

I also didn't grasp how Morse knew that the father of the murdered girl had switched identity. What was the explanation for how he worked that out ?

I may have got this wrong but did he write to his wife in the guise of his commanding officer. If so wouldn't his wife have recognised his handwriting ?