EE: Linda, Sharon and Kat PROMO. "Everybody hurts"...

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member

Comments

• Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very dramatic. Looks promising.

Do they really mean "Everyboy" though? :confused:
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Wow. Now that's more like it, DTC! Brilliant promo, I'd say it's even more attention grabbing than the Who Killed Lucy one. Simple but very effective.

If only they knew how to spell 'everybody'...
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant watch it
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr it says it's not available.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, Kat looks like Coco the freaking Clown there :eek::D
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Works for me, try again you could have caught it as they fixed the typo,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I just watched it, that's probably the best promo trailer I have seen from EE. It's so hard-hitting, emotional and Kat's part really got me!

It looks like Sharon gets shot then, judging by the blood-like stains on her chest...or maybe this is a red herring?

And are those Kat's burns?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't watch it either, it says it's not available at the moment :(
    Forum Member
    They've changed it to 'Everybody' now :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very moving advert. People who say that EE is all doom and gloom are going to have a field day with this one. But I personally think it's rather beautiful in its own way.

I was actually thinking the other day that the three big stories DTC already had planned when he became the executive producer - Lucy's death, Carol's cancer and Linda's rape (which is obviously the big Carter story he said hadn't even started yet) - are all to do with the victimisation of women - through murder, rape and illness. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but he definitely seems more emotionally invested in the female characters than the male ones. This advert really encapsulates that.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

I can't view it in Ireland. Sad face
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red herring? Messy eater
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shazza is covered in blood!! interesting. This may also suggest Linda's rape happens on the day of the wedding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shazza is covered in blood!! interesting. This may also suggest Linda's rape happens on the day of the wedding.

Really? The blood will probably be Phils
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is doing the cover of Everybody Hurts?
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Vatican wrote: »
    I just watched it, that's probably the best promo trailer I have seen from EE. It's so hard-hitting, emotional and Kat's part really got me!

It looks like Sharon gets shot then, judging by the blood-like stains on her chest...or maybe this is a red herring?

And are those Kat's burns?

It does look like it is Sharon that gets shot from that Promo, which is disappointing if true as she would surely come out the loser in the Phil revenge plot, i thought the whole point was she got the upper hand on Phil though it could be a red herring, it could just signify that there is shooting in that storyline, though i could be reading too much into it. I want Phil to be the one that is shot and for it to have some long term impact on him. I suppose Phil could be shot and Sharon gets the blood on her chest somehow by trying to help him. I just want to know who gets shot now, don't want to wait another 3 weeks to find out.

Was a brilliant Promo, really hard hitting, a Rape, a Fire and a Shooting, hard hitting drama hopefully what EastEnders should be all about.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't view it in Ireland. Sad face

try on facebook it's posted on there.

all I can say is wow.

one of my fav songs anyway but I just teared up at that ad. gonna be an emotional wreck if the episodes are as good
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen it via the twitter feed. Now THAT'S a trailer.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Interesting that Sharon is being portrayed as a victim along with Kat and Linda. Something must happen to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    try on facebook it's posted on there.

all I can say is wow.

one of my fav songs anyway but I just teared up at that ad. gonna be an emotional wreck if the episodes are as good

Thanks lea! Didn't think of that. **slaps side of head**
    Forum Member
    Drama like this is what puts EastEnders above the other soaps in my opinion ^_^
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic trailer and absolutely loving that Kat is going to be part of a major storyline again that does not involve a man!!! Even from that trailer you can see Jessie is gonna knock this story out the park.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Linda is wearing the same dress in that advert as she does in the clip from the September preview advert where Dean starts kissing her. It's the same dress she's wearing in this article about Phil and Sharon's wedding:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2723814/Phil-Mitchell-broken-man-old-flame-Shirley-confronts-wedding-day-bride-Sharon-seen-EastEnders.html

So yes, I think it's safe to assume now that the rape takes place on the day of the wedding. Probably in next Friday's episode, or maybe the Monday one.