Xbox One 1st birthday rewards.

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
Forum Member
✭✭
"To show our appreciation for your loyal and continued support for Xbox One, we’ll have several gifts available for our fans, celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:

A Year One Gamer Picture
New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
75 Platinum in Warframe
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year.

Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.

**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One."

I'm not actually sure if I've clocked up 10 hours on mine, so might not get anything. :blush:

Good luck everyone else.

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait so if you decided not to get spammed by MS and opted out of marketing emails, you not eligible for the gifts?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I know i have some bias here, but these rewards should be given out to people that purchased their consoles pre Christmas 2013. It make more sense to give at 1 year celebration loyalty reward to people that have had the console for......1 year.Especially as most of those people paid full whack for their consoles and jumped in before the plethora of updates that have made the Xbox one a better system.

I can understand changing the rules somewhat for those that purchased the console in markets where the console became available at a later date, but for the US and Europe it makes more sense.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Wait so if you decided not to get spammed by MS and opted out of marketing emails, you not eligible for the gifts?

No, you are.

I think you're confusing the asterisked conditions.

* = you need to have opted in to marketing emails to receive the "achievements celebration email ".

** = "Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One." will receive the gifts.

It probably would have helped if Major Nelson's full post had been quoted...
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fingers Crossed, wouldn't mind watching the Dragonball Z film, lol.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I know i have some bias here, but these rewards should be given out to people that purchased their consoles pre Christmas 2013. It make more sense to give at 1 year celebration loyalty reward to people that have had the console for......1 year.Especially as most of those people paid full whack for their consoles and jumped in before the plethora of updates that have made the Xbox one a better system.

I can understand changing the rules somewhat for those that purchased the console in markets where the console became available at a later date, but for the US and Europe it makes more sense.

Something for free (that wasn't expected) and some people still moan.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

You're not kidding, free stuff from MS, they didn't do this with the 360 when they were leading the way :p

Good old Microsoft, I will take whatever you give me :)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not kidding, free stuff from MS, they didn't do this with the 360 when they were leading the way :p

Good old Microsoft, I will take whatever you give me :)

I just want a PP invite for my year1 reward! :(

(I've had numerous X1s this year so surely I'm eligible?) :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

I actually agree. There should have been two tiers of rewards. Background, pictures and DLC for all. And the things like the console bundles and 12 month free Live for those who bought it before Christmas last year.

Well it's not really moaning, I think it's more constructive criticism. :p I don't think it's fair that someone who bought their X1 the other week has a chance to win another console as a thank you from MS for being 'loyal'. It should be those who rode out the launch sh*t storm and the high prices that should be thanked more.

Edit - Just seen that any physical prizes are for the US only, typical!!!

Anyway, this is a good move by MS overall and I hope it continues.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member

Hey, I'm still sour from when i missed on on the free killer instinct they gave out to gold members last year despite me having a gold sub for 7+ years and spending hundreds with them.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Free 12 months of live? Just because you bought a console 12 months ago?

What planet are you people on? NOBODY FORCED YOU TO BUY IT.

Be thankful you are not getting a free copy of Fighter Within...

I've had a gold sub since Xbox Live was in its beta stage and I've never received anything free - 11+ years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

I've had a gold sub since Xbox Live was in its beta stage and I've never received anything free - 11+ years.

I don't follow your logic mate.

MS are saying they're giving out these gifts to thank their loyal customers for supporting the console over the last year. I'm just saying that perhaps the bigger gifts should be for the people who have actually supported the console over the last year and not those who just bought it last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't follow your logic mate.

MS are saying they're giving out these gifts to thank their loyal customers for supporting the console over the last year. I'm just saying that perhaps the bigger gifts should be for the people who have actually supported the console over the last year and not those who just bought it last week.

IMO ... Loyalty doesn't mean jacks-shit, it's those who spend the most should get the rewards & (as per usual) I'll get sweetFA! 👏
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    IMO ... Loyalty doesn't mean jacks-shit, it's those who spend the most should get the rewards & (as per usual) I'll get sweetFA! 👏

Your not the only one who has had Live since the beta days.

Bet you get something after all this complaining :p:D
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I never thought I was otherwise Xbox Live would have been a pretty barren place if it was just me with it.

Theres always a first time for everything I suppose!!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that list per region, also is it one of each item on the list, for example only ONE 12 month Gold sub. The chances of winning anything worthwhile will be pretty slim.

Wouldn't mind the sunset overdrive bundle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep reading reports/comments that people over the last couple of months have been sent random messages from MS thanking them for purchasing a console and giving them some free games to download. One guy on Eurogamer said he bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle and ended up getting like Ryse, some dance game and bunch of other games gifted to him from MS.

Any truth to this? If so again another kick in the teeth for the early adopters. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that list per region, also is it one of each item on the list, for example only ONE 12 month Gold sub. The chances of winning anything worthwhile will be pretty slim.

Wouldn't mind the sunset overdrive bundle

That list is for all regions, but if you click on one of the links further up you will see some of it is US only.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I just want a PP invite for my year1 reward! :(

(I've had numerous X1s this year so surely I'm eligible?) :blush:

You and me both! Still waiting!
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I misread it and thought they were giving away a real 370z:p

Was all excited lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your not the only one who has had Live since the beta days.

Bet you get something after all this complaining :p:D

Some xbox rewards points would do me! 👍 ... despite me buying numerous games in the last couple of months I've mysteriously not earned a single point! 👎
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crimez83 wrote: »
    You and me both! Still waiting!

Most of my friendlist have sent out PP invites & pretty much all of em have said it should only take 2/3 days for the text message to appear! 😎 ... yet 3 month later & I've still ain't recieved a bloody thing! 👏
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

If you've had Live for that long didn't you get the free game a few years back that they gave away when Live went down for a day or 2? I think it was called Undertow?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time can we expect this 1 year award thing and where will it be?
  • Paino1977Paino1977 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I got an email from Xbox in the early hours of this morning giving me a breakdown of my Xbox One history and it finishes the email by saying "The celebration doesn't stop here, check your email tomorrow and see what surprises await".

Waiting with baited breath....