Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So over this crap infiltrating the thread. Both groups exist, both groups do shit, both groups have lies spread about them the other set of fans pounce on, both have fans that are ridiculous and over the top. Get lost with these rubbish discussions that dissolve into talk about nothing ugh....

I AM OVER IT. THE END.

In other news I see a lot of stations from across the world are replying with good things about BM and I'm glad, still wondering if there is gonna be any indication of a simultaneous release worldwide next week or not....do we think the pre order block is gonna be the regular 6 weeks or smaller....closer to their STB performance maybe? Should be a busy week with lots of bits and pieces coming up...... Should be....
  • Options
    piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    ^^ Thank you, seriously.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I am eager to read industry people's comments about the song, I have to keep in mind that if the person has a stake in it, like an interview or broadcast of the song for their station, that bias filter has to be applied. For instance I notice Billboard posting all the articles and its been A LOT on Britney and PG hyping because she's one of the carrots for the BBMAs. So the "its amazing!" I would rather see from neutral parties.

Jlt1601's "but it's noticeably LM (and they aren't fans, just casual listeners)" I prize more because it shows some penetration with the general public. Also anecdotal comments on twitter in the nature of "I'm not even a fan but I heard/like LM".

I dont think LM are in a position just yet to get on Ellen unless they do something notable to put them in the cultural conversation. Hopefully later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I'm just back from seeing Pitch Perfect 2!

Not kidding, I was so in to the movie that I had forgotten the song was in it so when I heard it start I had a mini freak out haha!!

It was on for a solid minute at least and it went really well with the scene :)

Yay! I'm going next week when I can corral my friends. I've been playing the song over and over in the lead up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, it's looking unlikely the girls will perform at the BGT Final. The last semi-final date is Sunday May 31st (http://www.applausestore.com/calendar) and the final usually follows up a week later, meaning it would take place on June 7th. The girls are headlining a charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall that night.

I'm bringing this up again. 5 acts were announced for the semis but according to the applause store calendar there are the 6 semi nights. There wouldnt be a guest act on the 6th semi?

Or is "semi final" code for "final"? I could swear that when I went snooping on this site last year it said "semi" for all the bookings. Also the BGT forumites seem to think the 31st is the final.
    Fudd wrote: »
    With thanks to Score on the Ratings Thread for spotting this on Applause Store.

Semi Finals air Monday 25th May 2015 to Friday 29th May 2015 with no break.
    Final airs on Sunday 31st May 2015.

Doors open at 6.45pm for every show which suggests a 7.30pm start time for the final as well.

If I recall correctly in 2009 when all of us Yanks were watching Susan Boyle, there was no week break between the semis and the final.
  • Options
    Danish_MixerDanish_Mixer Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? :o

Ha ha different strokes etc. I had some really delicious food when I went to England, so good I still remember it 15 years later! It was in the Lake District. Oh and I went to Harry Ramsden's in Blackpool 3x because I loved the fish & chips so much.

But that mince, I dunno.

15 years later? Nice to see some adults who actually like Little Mix :) xoxo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    why is there LM to ellen tweets all of a suddeen
    Links please? :D
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I had a good laugh yesterday when I got home and saw some tweets claiming that the other girlgroup actually wrote black magic for the girls
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    why is there LM to ellen tweets all of a suddeen
    Oh lol, nvm. I just thought for a minute that she tweeted about Little Mix.
    It's just mixers trying to trend "#LittleMixOnEllen"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a good laugh yesterday when I got home and saw some tweets claiming that the other girlgroup actually wrote black magic for the girls

Didnt they think Ed Drewett and Camille Purcell would have been more than surprised by that? (we need the rollseyes emoticon back)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ikr...
  • Options
    Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't say that they don't have a sense of humour, at least :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 1 year of the salute tour and #10DaysUntilBlackMagic is trending worldwide :D
    Mixers are stronger than before xoxo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who do you think gave the list of radio stations? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That list left off the SF and Sacramento stations that have played LM and also Bakersfield? They'll be singing to the cows out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would definitely be in LM's interests to play up their involvement in Pitch Perfect 2. Hollywood Reporter:

Box Office: 'Pitch Perfect 2' Races Past 'Mad Max: Fury Road' for Massive $64M Debut

Females, and especially the younger set, are proving their might once again at the box office.

Elizabeth Bank's Pitch Perfect 2 is easily beating George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road at the North American box office, grossing a stunning $28 million Friday from 3,473 theaters for a whopping $64.3 million weekend, or that's the projection anyway.

Universal spent a modest $29 million to make Pitch Perfect 2, a sequel to the sleeper hit that grossed $115 million at the worldwide box office in fall 2012. Appealing heavily to younger femmes, the follow up marks the feature directorial debut of Banks and stars Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Hailee Steinfeld (Steinfeld is a new addition).

Pitch Perfect 2 earned an A- CinemaScore from audiences, as well as good reviews from many critics.

Fury Road is an all-out hit among reviewers, sporting a 98 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, while audiences gave it a B+.

Heading into the weekend, tracking suggested both films would open in the $40 million range.

Both Fury Road and Pitch Perfect 2 should be a sizeable player overseas. And Pitch Perfect 2 actually beat Fury Road on Friday in a number of key characters, including the U.K., Germany, Netherlands, Slovenia, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan.

This means lots (literally, millions) of new ears hearing LM's song (even if they dont know who it is). I dont know if they got a royalty or a fixed fee for the song usage, but if its a royalty they and TMS will do quite nicely.

Edit: the film seems to have high repeatability too

Pitch perfect 2 was great and i really feel like watching it again, forget about my exam on Monday

saw pitch perfect last night now listening to the soundtrack and wanna see it over and over again 😭

Just saw pitch perfect 2 again

Pitch perfect 2 was literally the best film!! Want to see it again!!

Pitch perfect 2 was so good, I need to see it again. Immediately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Capital won't have any type of exclusive first play.......wonder why Tuesday was chosen as first play?

"....Keep it Capital on Tuesday 26th May for our first play of Little Mix's NEW single 'Black Magic'.

And remember… the girls will ALSO be at Wembley Stadium for the Capital Summertime Ball 2015 with Vodafone on Saturday 6th June for our most INSANE line up… EVER!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tuesdays the day singles go on sale in the us.......... 👀
    Lol I wish haha, I dont think thats why
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the girls will split up like the last time and Radio 1 and Capital will have near simultaneous debuts.

I'm not going to discount that this campaign is modified at the least to accomodate the US market more, since they've already not done the usual slow hype build up. Also I just read that Leona's UK release is now pushed back to June 28, so she's going for the traditional 6 week preorder after all. I dont know if the switch affects the LM release or not.

Sony Music Singapore @sonymusicsg · 11h
    Mixers! @LittleMix is back with 'Black Magic! You get to hear the track on radio on Tuesday, 26th May! http://on.fb.me/1KccWLS

Worldwide radio debut???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I still think it's because monday is a bank holiday and they typically have those off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sony malaysia tweeted about it as well if im not mistaken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be a WW (- US) radio release
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a WW (- US) radio release

Could they be going for that Wings style release again? Put it on radio weeks ahead of their promo visit?

Interesting that Sony's Asian market is tweeting about it already, but I checked Sony Music Brazil and didnt see anything yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Australia is also playing on Tuesday and I asked an NZ station about it and they said they have their first play Tuesday as well but wouldn't tell me what time lol....Most probably the night shows will have first play in NZ so that the UK can properly get the first overall radio play there before it hits everywhere else.....

The only reason I brought up the capital piece is because normally they would say the girls would be in for first play like they did with Move (and radio 1 did too) but nope it just says their first play is Tuesday....no use of the word "exclusive" everyone loves so much.
This discussion has been closed.