Setanta Goes Bonkers!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Appears as though Sky Sports are the only network able to show football properly. Not that I like the fact, but that's how it appears to be.
    chunkc wrote: »
    Ummm...has it come to this?
    :rolleyes:
    Proof please?

Ok well Sky have far more games than anyone else and have comprehensive rights.

Setanta have constant picture problems and awful commentary.

BBC show no domestic football.

ITV made that stupid Liverpool VS Everton Blunder
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have Richard Keys which puts me off watching anything other than the actual game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Ok so my girlfriend has Freeview, but not Setanta. But the otherday we were able to watch a bit of the Arsenal match on Setanta, before it got cut off. I did a bit of googling and found this blog: http://blog.consumerchoices.co.uk/2009/02/17/setantas-sneak-preview-on-freeview-shows-arsenal-on-top-form/ where the writier had the same thing. Has anyone else had this??? Is it a one off thing or what? Should I subscribe to Setanta???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    BBC show no domestic football.

Think you mean no live domestic football as they have Premiership highlights on MOTD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    easy_rider wrote: »
    Ok so my girlfriend has Freeview, but not Setanta. But the otherday we were able to watch a bit of the Arsenal match on Setanta, before it got cut off. I did a bit of googling and found this blog: http://blog.consumerchoices.co.uk/2009/02/17/setantas-sneak-preview-on-freeview-shows-arsenal-on-top-form/ where the writier had the same thing. Has anyone else had this??? Is it a one off thing or what? Should I subscribe to Setanta???
    They have free-to-air periods before most live matches and then cut it off as soon as the match starts. Rest assured it doesn't happen if you subsribe.
  • hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »

Setanta have constant picture problems

Lies.

I've seen Green screens when the picture has cut out on Sky, camera names turning up on screen during the recent Nerwcastle - Sunderland match, and plenty of picture break up on the steadycam in the corners of the pictches, all on Sky this season.
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member

Setanta often show their build-up unencrypted and urge viewers to subscribe if they haven't done so. As has happened before, they must have failed to encrypt come kick off.

In fact, my uncle once watched an entire Conference game without subscribing (and I don't think it was a FTA night)
    Forum Member
    Setanta often show their build-up unencrypted and urge viewers to subscribe if they haven't done so. As has happened before, they must have failed to encrypt come kick off.

In fact, my uncle once watched an entire Conference game without subscribing (and I don't think it was a FTA night)

A whole match?!?! Lucky bugger!!!:D
    Forum Member
    They have free-to-air periods before most live matches and then cut it off as soon as the match starts. Rest assured it doesn't happen if you subsribe.

Have you subscribed through Virgin???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you subscribed through Virgin???
    I'm on Freeview at my dads.
  • pryanpryan Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately this was caused by "finger trouble" at BT Tower in London and was complelely out of Setanta's hands.