Worried about my Student Loan

mw1mw1 Posts: 3,453
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I enrolled for my course at the back end of August at college. I thought everything went ok I.e got my student card etc.

But then my student finance has still not been sorted I have got everything in terms of a payment schedule letter

I was expecting my first payment on the 14th of this month but this has not come through even though I started my course on tuesday

Went to the bank this morning still nothing so I went to see student services explained the problem and apparently when i enrolled I should have went there to get it processed properly

In the end the bloke photocopied a copy of the payment schedule letter and also did the same with my student ID and student card

Is it worth calling student finance England to see if my payment will still go in even though it Is from 14th of september and should I speak to my tutor because it is starting to get me down

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Alot of people are having problems with student finance, me included. I haven't even got a payment schedule letter and I enrolled last week (had to enrol provisionally). The college will contact student finance england and let them know you are attending. This should release your payment however if your that worried call them up. It will take you a while to get through but it will at least put your mind at rest.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Student Loans Company don't release your loan until you are confirmed as attending university.

This confirmation doesn't happen by just enrolling though, you have to take your payment schedule with you and hand it in at student services, who will then inform SLC that you are there.

One of the letters actually says to take it with you to registration along the top.

Once the uni have taken a copy of this, the money should reach your account in 3 working days. but with the backlog they have, it might take a bit longer.
  • mw1mw1 Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for that, so I assume by the bloke in student services this morning photocopying my payment schedule letter student ID|card the first payment of my loan by the SLC will be in my bank account next week sometime?

Also I will add on reflection it is probably my Own fault because when I enrolled I should had realised Student Services needed to do this to confirm my attendance
  • mw1mw1 Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick update,

Got back from College Earlier then expected this afternoon so decided to give Student Loan Company a ring.

I managed to hold on the line for half an hour when a lovely lady on phone helped me with my query, she checked if the college confirmed my attendance, and confirmed to me on the phone it will be in my account on Tuesday. :D

I am greatly relieved now and think i made the right decision earlier today going to Student Services to sort it out.