My Mate Could Be Gay

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Kiss him, you might like it. Are you single?
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good egg wrote: »
    don't be daft! How is what I've said derogatory or homophobic, come off it! Look,it's just jokey words to try and lighten the situation, bleeding ell, it's hardly homophobic, I'm absolutely not, no way . Alright I could have been a bit subtle but it's not me. I call things how they are.

I can't see getting through this with him though, if he's after me, It's best if I'm not around him and I couldn't look at his wife again in the eye . It would destroy her this would, because she'd have to know, its just not right.

I accept what you said was done in a lighthearted jokey fashion but if this guy is lets say confused by his sexuality then he would be very sensitive to any derogatory remark no matter how it was meant.

It's possible that he is bi sexual and just is looking for someone in a simular position. The last thing you should do is tell his wife, if it does come out that he is gay then it should be him that tells her no one else.

Just being a friend to someone in this situation is important, I know the fact you feel he fancies you is scaring you, try to look at it as maybe flattering but at the same time make it obvious that you are not interested in him in that way - tactfully
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't be daft! How is what I've said derogatory or homophobic, come off it! Look,it's just jokey words to try and lighten the situation, bleeding ell, it's hardly homophobic, I'm absolutely not, no way . Alright I could have been a bit subtle but it's not me. I call things how they are.

I can't see getting through this with him though, if he's after me, It's best if I'm not around him and I couldn't look at his wife again in the eye . It would destroy her this would, because she'd have to know, its just not right.

Well then, why did you need to start a thread about how to deal with the situation? Surely you could have just come out with it in the first place instead of beating around the bush with a lot of nonsense.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone just ask him if everything is ok. He doesn't seem himself, invite him round for a beer or something.

If he comes out to you, then be there to support him, that's what he'll need. Don't go all righteous on him about his wife etc. because it'll be tearing him apart as it is.

And just because he's gay doesn't mean he's after you. I'd say the looking at you is him preparing to tell you something then changing his mind.
  • sallycamebacksallycameback Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he started listening to Kylie Minogue a lot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Egg your real life name wouldnt be Ray would it?:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I don't know who he's listening to mr sally, but it sure ain't me, his phones still switched off .:(

His wife called me just earlier asking me whats happened because she can't get a word out of him and that he's been depressed for ages, won't go to bed with her at night, stays up til the early hours and sleeps in late.
    I didn't have a foggy as to what to say, just said I think something getting his goat and that he done his nut at me for nothing. My guts are doing somersaults right now, it makes me feel like I've something to bleeding hide like I'm doing the dirty on her. I'm not impressed with all this at all.

I don't want to see him right now, I feel disgusted about it all.

Who the bleeding hell is Ray mummymaz?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who he's listening to mr sally, but it sure ain't me, his phones still switched off .:(

His wife called me just earlier asking me whats happened because she can't get a word out of him and that he's been depressed for ages, won't go to bed with her at night, stays up til the early hours and sleeps in late.
    I didn't have a foggy as to what to say, just said I think something getting his goat and that he done his nut at me for nothing. My guts are doing somersaults right now, it makes me feel like I've something to bleeding hide like I'm doing the dirty on her. I'm not impressed with all this at all.

He has a problem of some sort. And you are disgusted ?

Some friend you are.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there you are then Good Egg, you'll get a damn good blow job without any commitment hassles.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This tale is getting dull now, get to the punch line already!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you disgusted?

So what if he is gay - it's not a disease - just talk to him as a friend. I very much doubt he's after you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Do people actually believe any of this rubbish? :confused:
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't feel disgusted! When you stop feeling disgusted and ready to talk to him again, sit down with him in private and ask what is wrong and don't joke about it! Jokes sometimes come across bad IMO.
  • cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he may have just, for some reason, developed a bit of a crush on you.

He's not necessarily gay. He's perhaps a bit bored at home and with his wife. It happens in marriages at times.

There are not always clear cut lines between gay/bisexual/straight. It may be that someone will be straight all their lives except at one time find themselves attracted to one particular person of the same sex.

He may not even want to act on it. It's just there and will probably go away, like these things do.

Judging by his overreacting to your comments, I expect he is aware of it and not happy about it.

Leave him alone while he's not speaking to you. This "separation" may be the thing he needs to get over it and focus on his family life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading through this entire thread, I'm inclined to think the OP is making all this up.

It's just so downright stupid. And dramatic.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Why is everyone assuming that this mate being gay is a done deal? There could be a multitude of reasons why he is depressed.
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear you've clearly hit some kind of nerve here.

I'd let the dust settle for a few days then try to give him a ring.

I would apologise for what you said and acknowledge that it's clearly upset him - ask him if he wants to talk about it. If he doesn't I would just leave it alone - he's clearly got some confusion going on and you seem to be part of it, whatever it is.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this "friendship" or "relationship" actually just a figment of the OP's imagination ... or is he just on the wind up!!
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    crofter wrote: »
    Is this "friendship" or "relationship" actually just a figment of the OP's imagination ... or is he just on the wind up!!

It's a distinct possibility. Maybe the friend is freaked out because he thinks the OP may fancy him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The legendary storyteller 83ray1.

Rays threads in Advice

This was probably one of his best, Oops