Looking for a book website...

lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
Forum Member
✭✭
... that tells you what happens in a book without having to read it all over again to remember what happened. A website that gives everything away basically and reminds you exactly what happened, not like the quick reviews on Amazon.

Does such a website exist?

Comments

• RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For well-known books, Wikipedia does exactly what you're after. I find it very handy for refreshing my memory of the classics!
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for reply. I find wikipedia isnt detailed enough and is only a quick review.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I don't know of one. It would be a hell of a job to precis the plots for whole books.
  • LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a fiction book synopsis site you are looking for, then try this one: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

It's rare this one lets me down.

Even www.amazon.co.uk will do the same job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    ... that tells you what happens in a book without having to read it all over again to remember what happened. A website that gives everything away basically and reminds you exactly what happened, not like the quick reviews on Amazon.

Does such a website exist?

If I was a suspicious person I would think that someone wanting a site like this, is someone who has been given an assignment to read a book :)
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was a suspicious person I would think that someone wanting a site like this, is someone who has been given an assignment to read a book :)

:) My student days are long gone.

I had the idea of such a website after a sequel of a book came out recently, after having read the first one about 5 years previous, and I wanted to know what happened in the book without reading it all over again. I was looking for a website that really gives you a brief outline of each chapter. Doesnt sound like such a site exists though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    :) My student days are long gone.

I had the idea of such a website after a sequel of a book came out recently, after having read the first one about 5 years previous, and I wanted to know what happened in the book without reading it all over again. I was looking for a website that really gives you a brief outline of each chapter. Doesnt sound like such a site exists though.

Maybe you could set the website up yourself, have the users do the work, by being able to write chapter briefs of books, and edit them. All you would need is verifiers that could make sure the information is correct. In college, I did something similar for a make believe movie rental store, it is fairly easy to make a basic outline.

With advertisements you could even earn a bit of money - you would have students straight out the gate.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Rather than looking for a one site solution you would be better looking for fan sites - if it it a popular series, especially scifi/fantasy etc, then there will likely be sites covering it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    readitswapit has a spoilers section, you could post or book chat and ask someone if they wouldn't mind giving you a run down on whatever book it was