Omfg. Just placed a tesco online shop, do i pay them when the come?

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(actually I placed the order Friday) never done it before so tomorrow my online shopping should arrive, do i pay the deliverers or has it been taken out of my account?

I'm freaking out as I have no physical cash in the house (well not the amount it amounted too)

Comments

• JunipertJunipert Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (actually I placed the order Friday) never done it before so tomorrow my online shopping should arrive, do i pay the deliverers or has it been taken out of my account?

I'm freaking out as I have no physical cash in the house (well not the amount it amounted too)

It is taken out from whatever card you used when you ordered.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *phew thanks. I take the goods from the deliverers and shut the door, thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Don't forget to give the delivery driver a 10% tip...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    Don't forget to give the delivery driver a 10% tip...!

So shall I put 50p on the side and just give it to them or? :confused:
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Tracy but i have to ask, 'did you not realise you used your card to pay when you ordered?' they would not have processed your order without payment and there would be no delivery tomorrow!.....
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or what? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member

Have you ordered any snacks or nibbles? I bet a nice Apple Danish would be a nice treat for them and would ensure your next delivery is on time and prevent them from fiddling with your fresh produce.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    How can you not know you paid with your card?

Honestly ...
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you use the codes to knock £20 quid off your bill as a first time user?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really confused :confused:
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I'm really confused :confused:

About what? You ordered. You paid. You wait for your delivery. A child could do it.
  • rickrickrickyrickrickricky Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    About what? You ordered. You paid. You wait for your delivery. A child could do it.

I suspect one did on Friday.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    Have you ordered any snacks or nibbles? I bet a nice Apple Danish would be a nice treat for them and would ensure your next delivery is on time and prevent them from fiddling with your fresh produce.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • JunipertJunipert Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tips are not obligatory. I certainly never tip except once at Christmas when the driver was extremely helpful bringing all the shopping into my kitchen but normally I just take them at the door. It is simpler and not all drivers are dog friendly Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curiosity's got the better of me.

What have you ordered?

... or don't you know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Junipert wrote: »
    Tips are not obligatory. I certainly never tip except once at Christmas when the driver was extremely helpful bringing all the shopping into my kitchen but normally I just take them at the door. It is simpler and not all drivers are dog friendly Lol

Quite, also they do get paid!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

You entered your card details, surely?. How can you not know if you have paid by card or not?.
  • AnthonySAnthonyS Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    It will taken out but it never goes off your balance until the day after at least, even the available balance which is pretty stupid.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have received an email confirmation of the order, listing the items and the provisional prices. The actual prices will be those applicable on the day of delivery.

If there are any substitutions then the driver should tell you about them and they will be listed at the top of the receipt that the driver gives you. Then you can accept or reject each of them as you wish.

If you supply Tesco with your mobile phone number then they'll send you a text message on the previous day or the day of delivery to say which hour the delivery should occur in, out of the two hour window that you chose when you ordered.

If you used a credit card to pay then on your card operator's web site you'll probably see the money reserved (i.e. your available credit reduced) already, but the actual transaction might not show up until a couple of days after delivery. If you used a debit card it also usually takes two or three days to show up as a transaction, same as using a debit card in a shop often does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    You should have received an email confirmation of the order, listing the items and the provisional prices. The actual prices will be those applicable on the day of delivery.

If there are any substitutions then the driver should tell you about them and they will be listed at the top of the receipt that the driver gives you. Then you can accept or reject each of them as you wish.

If you supply Tesco with your mobile phone number then they'll send you a text message on the previous day or the day of delivery to say which hour the delivery should occur in, out of the two hour window that you chose when you ordered.

If you used a credit card to pay then on your card operator's web site you'll probably see the money reserved (i.e. your available credit reduced) already, but the actual transaction might not show up until a couple of days after delivery. If you used a debit card it also usually takes two or three days to show up as a transaction, same as using a debit card in a shop often does.
    Do you work for Tescoids?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you work for Tescoids?
    No, never have. Just a customer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    *phew thanks. I take the goods from the deliverers and shut the door, thanks

no thats not how it works

they bring the baskets of food and unload it to your door,,you have to pack it all away yourself..they dont use bags..so make room in your porch for all the shopping as thats where they drop it from, your doorstep lol
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry about the 50p, but feel free to put a tenner in my paypal account.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you have to pay before they will deliver, we use on line every week. no way will they deliver without payment been made before hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    they dont use bags
    Tesco have an option for you to specify whether you want your order delivered in bags or not. The driver also usually asks if you've got any used bags to recycle.