State funeral for someone who knew the Truth

2»

Comments

• Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's too divisive for a state funeral. Those usually bring people together, this one wouldn't. Not many none Heads of States have been given one, anyway, and far more worthy people than her haven't.

Exactly. There would be uproar if she was given a state funeral.
  • Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    She gets a similar funeral to Diana and Queen Mother but she doesn't lie in State. Other than that it will have all the pomp and circumstance of the other two.

Oh right, thanks for the explanation. I don't know the ins and outs of it.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    do one you sick troll.

How can that be trolling, a lot of 'truth' will come out now that she's gone.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can that be trolling, a lot of 'truth' will come out now that she's gone.

Indeed A JS link possibly? who knows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i said he posted the truth as he saw it at the time.

i'm getting into that again.

Then you're a complete moron. Stick to cartoons.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Indeed A JS link possibly? who knows

There are certainly rumours about some people in her government that she knew about.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are still going to have to pay for the Police though. That kind of event will need strong security. As feelings about her are two polar opposites.

Everyone pays for the police anyway whatever the occasion. Do you like, or go to, football. Even if you don't you're paying for the police patrolling the streets when a match is on.
    She gets a similar funeral to Diana and Queen Mother but she doesn't lie in State. Other than that it will have all the pomp and circumstance of the other two.

I don't think they'll be driving round slowly so people can throw flowers on the hearse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Everyone pays for the police anyway whatever the occasion. Do you like, or go to, football. Even if you don't you're paying for the police patrolling the streets when a match is on.

Yes but there will need to be a lot of extra police as there will be protests you can guarantee.

Football's different as it's a weekly fixture which has been budgeted for. So its not needing extra handouts from the tax payer to pay for it.

BTW I do like football I thought people would have realised that.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to get shot down for this but i'm going to post it. She's going to get the State funeral but after that happens. The truth will come out in a few month's over how much she really knew about that day in April 1989.

I only thank god it's only a week from the anniversary. Not enough time to organise such a funeral.

Even if she didn't know on the day she would of known what happened shortly afterwards.

RIP the 96.

You haven't heard the news have you ?:o
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I'm going to get shot down for this but i'm going to post it. She's going to get the State funeral but after that happens. The truth will come out in a few month's over how much she really knew about that day in April 1989.

I only thank god it's only a week from the anniversary. Not enough time to organise such a funeral.

Even if she didn't know on the day she would of known what happened shortly afterwards.

RIP the 96.

Is that you Converted Sceptic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Is that you Converted Sceptic?

Nope sorry.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm not getting involved in another thread on this topic again.

i feel i made a mistake by posting in this one.

maybe trolling was the wrong choice of words and i retract that and apologise, ill thought out is a better description.

good day sir.
    Probably for the best; telling other FMs to "do one" when they haven't really said anything wrong isn't exactly admirable behaviour.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On what basis is she being accorded a state funeral? Harold Wilson, Ted Heath and James Callaghan didn't get one :confused:
  • Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Probably for the best; telling other FMs to "do one" when they haven't really said anything wrong isn't exactly admirable behaviour.

was i speaking to you:confused:

but you thought you'd stick your beak in and try to get me back in to fight you.

well done, it worked.

here i am.

i apologised for calling someone a troll, i didn't apologise for thinking that this thread was not a good idea.

it isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And whose gonna pay for this funeral. It better not be coming out of my tax.

I see comments like this all the time but do you actually get taxed more?