Thank You For Your Body

Comments

• MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman's a amateur and out of her depth. Dexter would have done a far more professional interview .

She is not just our depth she is very biased imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I love Emma but that was a very strange comment to make. Hard to believe it wasn't slightly malicious.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    ... I thought the point of this forum was to disect the show and post your opinions about it?

Not if it's an opinion someone doesn't agree with :D;)
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    The woman's a amateur and out of her depth. Dexter would have done a far more professional interview .

Bloody Dexter pops up again. :rolleyes:
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it interesting that she didn't say Courtney was a great HM like she usually does at the end of the interview. Her bias slipped through there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    BOTS are awful.

"We know you like older men" and asked her to choose between Rob and Bruce... are they trying to be funny? That was awkward and rude... I don't know how AJ sat next to her after asking her that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Humor is a matter of perspective. You don't like Emma you won't find it amusing. Like Emma, then you'll see it as it was intended... A simple mildly humorous throwaway line. Banter.

It's all relative.
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    That was Emma's parting comment to Courtney. I wonder if Emma was born nasty or if she has taken lessons I thought I had imagined it but she did say it. I said earlier tonight that Emma might be nasty and she did not let me down, her dislike of attractive Girls is pathetic.

she is told what to say and rehearses for each HM evicted - but think the comment to Courtney was basically saying
    "you are superficial love" - she was nice person , but that comment meant she was only in there because of her chest, which may initially have been the idea anyway. But her husband, Doug, wanted to go in with her, and they wouldn't have him, just wanted her.- he obviously doesn't like her having her own experiences
  • snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it probably wasn't the best comment to make at the end of the interview to Courtney, but, lets face it, Courtney's body has been out there a lot, well, more than a lot, I don't think Emma was being nasty, I think she was complimenting her on figure and her confidence on showing it off.:) Courtney is very proud of her body, if she wasn't she would cover it up.

I dont think she said the comment out of jealousy either, Emma is a beautiful woman, she doesn't need to look like malibu barbie, I really liked Courtney as a person, she was kind hearted, funny and endearing, but the way she looks isn't everyone's cup of tea and it's highly unlikely that Emma Willis would be jealous of her in my opinion.:)
  • snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    she is told what to say and rehearses for each HM evicted - but think the comment to Courtney was basically saying
    "you are superficial love" - she was nice person , but that comment meant she was only in there because of her chest, which may initially have been the idea anyway. But her husband, Doug, wanted to go in with her, and they wouldn't have him, just wanted her.- he obviously doesn't like her having her own experiences
    Is that true? He wanted to go in with her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I thought I had imagined it but she did say it./QUOTE]

Me too. I did not know she did infact say that until reading this comment. It was pretty petty of Emma.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »
    I agree, it probably wasn't the best comment to make at the end of the interview to Courtney, but, lets face it, Courtney's body has been out there a lot, well, more than a lot, I don't think Emma was being nasty, I think she was complimenting her on figure and her confidence on showing it off.:) Courtney is very proud of her body, if she wasn't she would cover it up.

I dont think she said the comment out of jealousy either, Emma is a beautiful woman, she doesn't need to look like malibu barbie, I really liked Courtney as a person, she was kind hearted, funny and endearing, but the way she looks isn't everyone's cup of tea and it's highly unlikely that Emma Willis would be jealous of her in my opinion.:)

The way i see it, people were looking for any reason to have a go Emma no matter what she said, there was a whole thread prepared for it.

It's exactly as you say, she was complimenting her figure.
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a ridiculous comment, totally shallow, but in no way malicious.
  • OMGWTFLOLOMGWTFLOL Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I love Emma. She can do no wrong in my eyes but I found her "body" comment very strange. On the other hand, let's face it, Courtney WAS only hired for her body. The producers knew she would attract eyeballs, which = ratings, when she paraded around in not much more than dental floss. Turns out she had a sweet personality too. Win-Win.
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Is that true? He wanted to go in with her?

I would like to have seen the two of them in there together, I wonder why they wouldn't have him? The dynamic would have been really interesting to watch. Maybe the producers were worried that the experience would break them up and they didn't want to be responsible for that.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was said as a joke ..and probably not even her own words but read from the auto cue ..but courtneys body ..is what she's about ..so hence the joke ..has everyone had a humour malfunction
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I can see why she said it, Courtney has done very little other than flaunt her body.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With those tree trunk legs I bet you anything how she wouldn't mind having a pair of Malibu Barbie legs.;)
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I find it interesting that she didn't say Courtney was a great HM like she usually does at the end of the interview. Her bias slipped through there.

That was what was most striking about it. I find the pro-Emma bias on here amusing. She's incredibly dull and useless at the interviews that SHOULD be interesting - the interviews with controversial housemates. She lets her bias leak through. Even comparing her hug to Courtney with her hug to Louie; blatant personal preference - completely unprofessional. She can read a cue card well. Brian couldn't read a cue card to save his life but his interviews were far, far, far better than Emma's.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    saw nothing wrong with the comment

Courtney was more then just her body, she was a sweet caring girl, unlike some of the nasties in there.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish some FMs would stop this rose tinted glasses nonsense about Davina.

I loved Davina but to say she wouldnt have made that type of comment or be more professional is complete rubbish and you all know it.
    An example of how she would do an Emma is Sam ( BB6) Interview when Davina took the time to deride her by wearing a bikini for the interview..the point she was making is exactly the point Emma made with courtney,both of them were wrong to do so.
    Emma is a good host,her only issue is she cannot seem to seperate the hosting of BOTS and hosting the live shows.
    On BOTS you expect the jokey comments and piss takes.
    On the Live show you need to be less bias and give the same respect to all housemates.

Emma needs to let the BOTS job go.
    Its that simple really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Emma is pathetic.. this is the first Big Brother I have watched properly since Ultimate Big Brother... Davina was such a good presenter BECAUSE she was so diplomatic.. she was kind, funny and loved BB yet she was hard when she needed to be.
    Davina could be a truly massive bitch. I thank Ch 5 every day for giving us Emma instead. I have never forgiven Davina for doing a vomiting mime at the mention of Mo's name in BB9, although he adored her, for turning into a simpering fool to Bex and Luke in the same series and for making sarcastic and unpleasant remarks about Rachel Rice a year AFTER she had won.
    tom_ogrady wrote: »
    What a VILE comment from a more unhinged Emma. Such a thing to say. Whats happening to Emma - or is she always so biased and undignified. Nasty
    What on EARTH is this thread supposed to be about? It was obviously a gentle tease based on the fact that Courtney had showed as as much as she possibly could of her body for the duration, to the general entertainment of the nation. Who in their right mind would think it was VILE and unhinged?
    What did you expect from someone who has to sing her own praises on Forums?:D

Wait for her parting remarks to ABZ " thank you for keeping us entertained for 3 weeks, here are your best bits".:rolleyes:
    :confused: And?
    Based on his extensive interviewing experience?
    With those tree trunk legs I bet you anything how she wouldn't mind having a pair of Malibu Barbie legs.;)

Are you mad? Emma is stunning.
  • Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it was an unnecessarily bitchy parting shot. I did not like it. I don't recall Davina or Brian ever showing so much bias toward or against certain housemates. It's just not good - or very professional.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member

Dexter couldn't even professionally set up a Just Giving page without being a bitter whiner.
  • jassy55jassy55 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D They can do 30 seconds of best bits, ABZ towering up pillows, ABZ singing, ABZ Bee watching and ABZ trying out different headwear.:D.

a you forgot his amazing swan apple