Options

Humax 9200 Freezing problem...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
Forum Member
Hi all,

My 9200 froze last night - woke up this morning and turned it on and it was frozen..........so I turned off at the back and rebooted - then I realised that it had not recorded the 5 programmes it was set to record last night (inluding Medium - urghh!!!).........

It also froze the other day but forget what channel it was on. This time though it was on 301 or 302 - these channels seem to be used right now for the Olympics although i have no idea who owns them?!

Did the problem occur as I left it on one of these 'extra' channels when going to bed?? Is there specific channels you should avoid leaving it on when turning off the tv for the night??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickbrace wrote:
    Hi all,

My 9200 froze last night - woke up this morning and turned it on and it was frozen..........so I turned off at the back and rebooted - then I realised that it had not recorded the 5 programmes it was set to record last night (inluding Medium - urghh!!!).........

It also froze the other day but forget what channel it was on. This time though it was on 301 or 302 - these channels seem to be used right now for the Olympics although i have no idea who owns them?!

Did the problem occur as I left it on one of these 'extra' channels when going to bed?? Is there specific channels you should avoid leaving it on when turning off the tv for the night??

Yes. the 301, 302 etc channels are causing problems for various PVRs and in STBs. You may not notice it when you are watching but if you dont you you can try leaving your box on these interactive channels for a long stretch of time and sooner or later something will come by on the stream that the MHEG engine isnt able to cope with and lockup the box. As on other devices, this doesnt happen to all owners. Another one is if you leave your machine overnight on a radio channel where it has a constant MHEG layer for on screen display over the radio broadcast sooner or later your box may lockup.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    OK - thanks for advice, I will make sure I stay away from those channels then!

Just out of curiosity - are channels 301-303 BBC?? Are they only active for the Olympics are part of an 'interactive' service or something?!??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Better still - put the box in standby - it will still record.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Tony is right, it's best to always switch the unit into standby when you switch off the tv. I do this religiously and can only remember the unit locking up a few times since October.