Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie wants to know who "dobbed us in" to the school.

Er, the fact that he wasn't there might have given them a hint!
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »

Yes, I must admit I didn't understand that either; what exactly was there to "dob in"? Unless they'd told the school he was ill or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    She sees him almost as a replacement for the brother she has lost now that he has new foster parents miles away and wants to mother him.

Ah I see. I've missed one or two episodes lately. Thank for the info :)
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    Has baby Lily disappeared into thin air ?

Talking of babies, wonder how they will explain Paula Lane's absence when she is on her own maternity leave.
    Perhaps this sudden Max problem will have something to do with it.

Lily was seen yesterday when David and Kylie were getting out of the taxi. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    The current story lines make that one seem quite realistic!

Was that the juice bar in That London?
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene with Amy crying OMG was that the worst acting ever or what. I appreciate that the actress playing Amy may only be 9 or 10, but that was painful to watch.

Why has Corrie got so bad lately, with poorly researched stories and charactres, changing personality completely. Is that down to the scriptwriters, or SB
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SB is in overall command, so he must carry the can.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    The scene with Amy crying OMG was that the worst acting ever or what. I appreciate that the actress playing Amy may only be 9 or 10, but that was painful to watch.

Why has Corrie got so bad lately, with poorly researched stories and charactres, changing personality completely. Is that down to the scriptwriters, or SB

Amy's "acting" was cringy! All she did was blink and whine...no tears or waterworks at all! I watched the Omnibus edition this afternoon and cringed (again) at how poor her acting was!
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

I found that strange too!
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Might it be used as a poorly thought out and badly written s/l, so Michael gets the blame, and his ice cream van gets a bit more "treatment"?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how mazeen was head librarian at the local library, and had apparently been there for a long time, while her husband, son and other family members lived god knows where in the north west.

And since, presumably, she and hubbie lived close enough for her to commute, why was the daughter in a shared flat while attending the local university?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chewstick wrote: »
    Ok so we had the tv incident... Then the holiday, I've not seen any indication or any kind of concern in this direction for Max, until he stepped out of Lloyds taxi.

This storyline is laughable. He was the most placid and quietest and laidback of children even six months ago. A child can't just develop ADHD overnight like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotlass wrote: »
    All the storylines are poor at present with the library one being the worst. That terrible actress taking the lead in it, she is awful.

Don't libraries have sprinkler systems btw? I don't think I've ever heard of one burning to the ground.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    This storyline is laughable. He was the most placid and quietest and laidback of children even six months ago. A child can't just develop ADHD overnight like that.

Is this story just a plot device to tie with Paula Lane's maternity, as
    Kylie begins to take Max's pills for whatever reason

Nothing against the actor, but wish they would stop giving child actor's serious storylines when they clearly cannot pull them off or don't come across convincing.
    I am dreading Faye's pregnancy plot for this reason.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I still don't understand how mazeen was head librarian at the local library, and had apparently been there for a long time, while her husband, son and other family members lived god knows where in the north west.

And since, presumably, she and hubbie lived close enough for her to commute, why was the daughter in a shared flat while attending the local university?

It's Kal's daughter and her granddaughter, though I've no idea where they have been living. Do we know where the granddaughter is at university? We've only seen her in the vacation so far.

I think Nasreen is the head librarian simply for this short-lived story line. It doesn't make sense that Roy wouldn't know her - just another unlikely plot device.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's absurd. My friend's grandson who is a little bit older than Max, was diagnosed 3 or 4 years ago, but it had been obvious there was a problem since he was a baby. And ADHD is often associated with other problems, sometimes physical, sometimes developmental. Max would not suddenly become massively disruptive after being good-tempered and biddable, like a switch being flicked on. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!

Another plot-led sudden change, along with Tina, Todd and now Amy. I wish they wouldn't do this.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't libraries have sprinkler systems btw? I don't think I've ever heard of one burning to the ground.

Who knows? But this is their fire service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6YE4PCRNwc

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub!
  • Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Gail works in the Bistro and seems to spend most of her free time in there too so wouldn't she already know what's on the wine list?
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Kal's daughter and her granddaughter, though I've no idea where they have been living. Do we know where the granddaughter is at university? We've only seen her in the vacation so far.

I think Nasreen is the head librarian simply for this short-lived story line. It doesn't make sense that Roy wouldn't know her - just another unlikely plot device.
    Her name is Yasmeen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absurd. My friend's grandson who is a little bit older than Max, was diagnosed 3 or 4 years ago, but it had been obvious there was a problem since he was a baby. And ADHD is often associated with other problems, sometimes physical, sometimes developmental. Max would not suddenly become massively disruptive after being good-tempered and biddable, like a switch being flicked on. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!

Another plot-led sudden change, along with Tina, Todd and now Amy. I wish they wouldn't do this.

In Friday's episode, we heard Max shouting and screaming in the background. When have we ever heard him raise his voice before? It's rather nonsensical.....he was a very quiet child and not disruptive at all. Manic and hyper were two words you would definitely not associate with him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Yes, I must admit I didn't understand that either; what exactly was there to "dob in"? Unless they'd told the school he was ill or something.

That was my first thought - that they'd told the school he was ill and didn't mention they were on holiday.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    That was my first thought - that they'd told the school he was ill and didn't mention they were on holiday.

That's the likely scenario we are meant to accept but apart from the person who 'dobbed' them in what other proof does the school have? Have they even bothered to look into the matter or just sent out a letter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    did anyone else see when they took that selfie picture she had the camera wrong way...silly moo..:D
  • spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,036
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    did anyone else see when they took that selfie picture she had the camera wrong way...silly moo..:D

Some phones / tablets have two cameras, front and back

When I said about simon suddenly being dyslexic I meant like Max acquiring ADHD over night with no prior signs or warnings, he'll just start high school and suddenly struggle reading and writing

How do they research things, a quick look at Wikipedia during a storyline conference
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Kal's daughter and her granddaughter, though I've no idea where they have been living. Do we know where the granddaughter is at university? We've only seen her in the vacation so far................................

When the granddaughter turned up at the gym, the grandfather said she'd just graduated from university, though I can't remember if he said "Manchester". In any event, since she was sharing a flat locally, Manchester would be a good guess.

(Sorry - I'm hopeless with names!)
This discussion has been closed.