Options

Is Dee still signing on?

rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
Forum Member
I Remember the fuss even recently that she still was and was in holiday abroad , I havent read anywhere that she has come off benefits, if she still is, then surely this (BB) is classed as working?

Comments

• Options
    MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said in her tape when she entered that because of the success of Benefits Street she able to come off Benefits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She said in her tape when she entered that because of the success of Benefits Street she able to come off Benefits.

Ok thank you, I missed the first night as i was working (oh the irony) :D
  • Options
    julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously not she is on prime time TV and paid for it , if she was on sickness benefit they do not sign on anyway
    good luck to her for coming off benefits and using the opportunity she was given , hope she does well
  • Options
    MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    Ok thank you, I missed the first night as i was working (oh the irony) :D

Your welcome. I'm sure she would be definitely off Benefits as there is a rumour she was offered 100k to go into CBB I'm not sure how CBB works but I know in the Normal Big Brother housemates get paid minimum wage for 24 hours a day. So like 1500 a week too.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would have great difficulty signing on, whilst in the House ;-) :D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously not she is on prime time TV and paid for it , if she was on sickness benefit they do not sign on anyway
    good luck to her for coming off benefits and using the opportunity she was given , hope she does well

And good luck to those vulnerable people she stole from. I reserve my best wishes for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And good luck to those vulnerable people she stole from. I reserve my best wishes for them.
    I wish them all well , I will have to read up on what Dee has done
    plenty of people have made horrendous mistakes in life , Dee is unforgiven by so many yet people like stephen fry and plenty other are forgiven in a heartbeat , is this a class war
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Well at least someone is pointing out the absolutely obvious but not allowed to be said.

For someone who is doing the old 'tell it as it is' - has she told her history as it is, or does it just start from her being on benefits (for which there is no stigma in my books ) ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plenty of people have made horrendous mistakes in life , Dee is unforgiven by so many yet people like stephen fry and plenty other are forgiven in a heartbeat , is this a class war

Who mentioned class.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who mentioned class.:confused:
    I mentioned class . why are you pretending to be confused

Why do certain people get so angry when people who have come from nothing suddenly start to do well for themselves
    good luck to Dee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned class . why are you pretending to be confused

Why do certain people get so angry when people who have come from nothing suddenly start to do well for themselves
    good luck to Dee

Who is getting angry. :confused:Certainly not me. Nor would I ever begrudge anyone in life doing better for themselves. Isn't that in the main why we work. :) I also genuinely don't understand your comments pertaining to class or to Stephen Fry. The two are not mutually exclusive...that is what is confusing.

Moreover, Mr. Fry is not in the current series of Celebrity Big Brother...now there is a delicious fantasy:D
  • Options
    diurnalomendiurnalomen Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The ignorance of the question asked in the OP proves 'IDS & his work is done' in the maligning of anyone on benefits,while the biggest welfare spongers the sax-coburg/windsors are lauded as a tourist attraction ;-)

And no I have never been on 'benefits' before you ask!!! I do believe it is an essential part of our society as Asquith stated in early 1900's and like any system may well be abused...but to quote our lovely politicians from the expenses scandals if its all 'within the rules' its OK so if anyone has broken the 'rules' its up to our administrations local and national to take appropriate action within these rules...did this happen to HM in particular I don't know..get over it she is in there legitimately asked for and paid by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ignorance of the question asked in the OP proves 'IDS & his work is done' in the maligning of anyone on benefits,while the biggest welfare spongers the sax-coburg/windsors are lauded as a tourist attraction ;-)

And no I have never been on 'benefits' before you ask!!! I do believe it is an essential part of our society as Asquith stated in early 1900's and like any system may well be abused...but to quote our lovely politicians from the expenses scandals if its all 'within the rules' its OK so if anyone has broken the 'rules' its up to our administrations local and national to take appropriate action within these rules...did this happen to HM in particular I don't know..get over it she is in there legitimately asked for and paid by.

The OP asked a legitimate question. Why get so bent out of shape about it. :oAlso why are you pre empting questions that may never be asked.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now that she has accumulated money. I wonder if the council will be requesting the return of the stolen £15 thousand ??
  • Options
    Forum Member

Blah blah blah
    For your information, if youd asked before started assuming you know everything about me and ranting on and what i think and throwing around words like "ignorance" i was unemployed and signing on the dole and before that was a carer for my terminally ill mother ( now sadly gone) before i started my current job as a social care worker, so i am not against anyone on benefits, but hey, you just assume whatever you want to make yourself seem better than me.
    I was basing it around the fact that she has been claimed to be signing on whilst in receipt of earnings of thousands and had even got an agent to deal with it, whist still signing on.
    I am allowed to ask a question as much as anyone, so before you start off with indignant self righteous spouting a and assumptions about me, get off your high horse.

People are so self righteous and p.c, jumping own your throat for asking a simple question.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your welcome. I'm sure she would be definitely off Benefits as there is a rumour she was offered 100k to go into CBB I'm not sure how CBB works but I know in the Normal Big Brother housemates get paid minimum wage for 24 hours a day. So like 1500 a week too.
    Civilian housemates get around £30 a day as they still have bills to pay, or at least it was around £30 a few years ago. I doubt C5 would have increased it much.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Big_Brother

"Money talks

Contestants were paid £30 for each day spent in the house to compensate for loss of earnings"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The OP asked a legitimate question. Why get so bent out of shape about it. :oAlso why are you pre empting questions that may never be asked.

Thank you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that she has accumulated money. I wonder if the council will be requesting the return of the stolen £15 thousand ??
    ha ha how many members of parliament repaid their expense claims they were painstakingly overpaid
    It comes to more than a measly piddly 15 thousand pounds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ha ha how many members of parliament repaid their expense claims they were painstakingly overpaid
    It comes to more than a measly piddly 15 thousand pounds

The worst was the small amounts, Boris Johnson claimed back 50p for a poppy, and another 60p for dog food (!)
  • Options
    skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    She didn't "come off benefits"....she had them taken away from her because she was shown to be a fraud
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I Remember the fuss even recently that she still was and was in holiday abroad , I havent read anywhere that she has come off benefits, if she still is, then surely this (BB) is classed as working?

You have to register online, turn up at the jobcentre for your first and subsequent appointments, providing evidence of job applications done in the meantime, and be "available for work" or for opportunities such as interviews or training at reasonably short notice. So I think it's safe to say that the answer is "no".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    You have to register online, turn up at the jobcentre for your first and subsequent appointments, providing evidence of job applications done in the meantime, and be "available for work" or for opportunities such as interviews or training at reasonably short notice. So I think it's safe to say that the answer is "no".

Not if you are on them for a disability like she was, i dont think you have to go in person to sign on, you get them automatically, and i don't get your point about registering online, filling out forms etc as she had been on benefits for years she had obviously already done that.:confused:
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Not if you are on them for a disability like she was, i dont think you have to go in person to sign on, you get them automatically.

Well that's not the same as "signing on", which was your question :D
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What did Stephen Fry do that was equivalent to stealing 'more than £13,000 from her employer including cash belonging to "vulnerable" people'? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Well that's not the same as "signing on", which was your question :D

That's what it is known as!
    talk about nit picking!! ^_^