Options

FRIENDS Reunion

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
How has this not happened yet? I don't mean new episodes because the whole cast have pretty much said it will never happen. I mean a reunion show where they get the cast together and they talk about what it was like, interviews etc. it's currently the 20th anniversary so I'm surprised they haven't done something like this.

Comments

• Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't think we need one, They all got on so there is no drama to discuss and everything else has been covered
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I saw something on a bus about it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A reunion show would be fantastic. Some past sitcoms normally have them around 10/15 years off the air. Married with Children, The Nanny and The Golden Girls being examples of shows where the cast reunited and looked back at the show's run.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think a reunion will happen anytime soon. I wouldn't mind a 5 minute sketch at the Emmy's or something like that.
    I always get the impression the cast want to do it but not yet as they want to branch out and become something else besides known as Ross or Joey.

It will happen I reckon but not for another 5 or 6 years.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a 30 years anniversary would be good! Or 25 years
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally no point. They're actually friends and they done so many "end of an era" specials when the show ended looking back on those 10 years it would be re-hashign the same thing.

What I'm after is reunions for the shows where you know everyone had a bit of beef (hello Buffy, The O.C and Charmed)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Literally no point. They're actually friends and they done so many "end of an era" specials when the show ended looking back on those 10 years it would be re-hashign the same thing.

What I'm after is reunions for the shows where you know everyone had a bit of beef (hello Buffy, The O.C and Charmed)

There was no "beef" on The OC or Buffy. Only Shannen and Alyssa on Charmed. But reunion shows are not for cast members who didn't get along to reunite and bitch at one another.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I don't see the point of them meeting up because as a previous member said they did "oh remember that" shows/moments and also the main cast seem to meet up every now and then anyway so it wouldn't be any kind of reunion for them, just characters that they haven't played in 10 years.

As much as I love friends and would watch the series back-2-back. We as fans need to realise it's never going to happen. It has moved on, maybe if Joey had been a success then bringing them into the show for special episodes but not any other kind of reunion, sadly that decade is now over.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-G50q2ETso

This is a great interview with Oprah shortly after they finished the show in 2004 and just as Joey's sitcom was beginning.

I love this interview and love how sad and attached to the show, their characters, and each other, they were.

An interview like this nowadays would be fun and interesting to see how they interact with each other now in comparison to then. But really, they said all they had to say when the show ended. They all left on good terms professionally and personally it seems. And even if they didn't, they would never tell us.

They're from the generation of not selling your life and soul to the media for attention/money, and I love them even more for that. They've maintained practically fully private personal lives (and Jennifer Aniston has done an amazing job, particularly with the years of rumours and speculation regarding her personal life). Class acts, the lot of them!
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You get those kinds of shows on the "Housewives of..." series that are on. My mum watches those shows and they're trashy as hell.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw something on a bus about it.

That's just Comedy Central advertising the fact that they're going to start the run of episodes all over again from Season 1, Episode 1. Not that I thought they weren't on a loop anyway but there you go.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    That's just Comedy Central advertising the fact that they're going to start the run of episodes all over again from Season 1, Episode 1. Not that I thought they weren't on a loop anyway but there you go.

Comedy Central are worse that E4 for showing friends. It's always on whenever I switch the channel on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy Central are worse that E4 for showing friends. It's always on whenever I switch the channel on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have an actual department devoted to coming up with ideas and themes to show another block of episodes back to back.

I'd still recommend a re-watch though if there are some people left (somewhere :)) who haven't actually seen the earlier episodes in HD - the bump in quality really is quite amazing.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no "beef" on The OC or Buffy. Only Shannen and Alyssa on Charmed. But reunion shows are not for cast members who didn't get along to reunite and bitch at one another.

Yeeeah there was! Alyson Hannigan is very open with her issues with Julie Benz. When the show was ending Aly and Emma made it quite clear they didn't like Sarah - infact Sarah only really spoke to Seth Green and Michelle Trachtenberg. Not to mention the issues between Sarah and Joss towards the end. Okay maybe not a reunion as we got to see all that awkwardness at Paley Fest 2008 (it's on youtube, Nick Brendan is annoying as hell) but an E! True Hollywood story would be awesome.

Also, Tate Donovan quit The O.C because he didn't like the younger actors and their sense of entitlement (loose quote)
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There were only rumours about the Buffy gang falling out, nothing confirmed. I remember Alyson Hannigan not being happy that she found out the show was coming to an end in a magazine of something.
    They have all met up since and get on well. As I said. Rumours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeeeah there was! Alyson Hannigan is very open with her issues with Julie Benz. When the show was ending Aly and Emma made it quite clear they didn't like Sarah - infact Sarah only really spoke to Seth Green and Michelle Trachtenberg. Not to mention the issues between Sarah and Joss towards the end. Okay maybe not a reunion as we got to see all that awkwardness at Paley Fest 2008 (it's on youtube, Nick Brendan is annoying as hell) but an E! True Hollywood story would be awesome.

Also, Tate Donovan quit The O.C because he didn't like the younger actors and their sense of entitlement (loose quote)

No there isn't. Alyson had no issue with Sarah. She has made this clear a number of times. Sarah is a very private person. While everyone used to hang out between takes, Sarah would be rehearsing because that is the type of person she is. People twist this and make out that the other cast members didn't like her. Which wasn't the case. There has never been any evidence to suggest Alyson saying she never liked Julie Benz or if Emma Caulfield and Alyson never liked Sarah. Sarah and Joss also had no issues towards the end and Joss has spokenly very fondly about Sarah several times. If anyone had an issue with Joss, it was Charisma Carpenter but that was on Angel and had good reasons to.

Sarah is good friends with Seth so her speaking to him more than the other cast members is no surprise. They have worked together a number of times since Buffy ended. You gel much better with others and you don't with some other people. Are you telling me your incredibly close with every person you work with? I am not. But that doesn't mean we dislike each other.

It's all hear say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's happened !! (sort of :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4H2JHp5XOQ
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are saying that Jennifer seemed annoyed with that or is her 'annoyed' stuff part of the act too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I could say the same about E4 showing The Big Bang Theory!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Either Jennifer is an amazing actress or there was genuine annoyance from her throughout the entire sketch. Even at the end she seemed pissed off.

Lisa Kudrow is still unbelievably cool and fun. My favourite by far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure her annoyance was all part of the act. I do think she's friends with Kimmel.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there isn't. Alyson had no issue with Sarah. She has made this clear a number of times. Sarah is a very private person. While everyone used to hang out between takes, Sarah would be rehearsing because that is the type of person she is. People twist this and make out that the other cast members didn't like her. Which wasn't the case. There has never been any evidence to suggest Alyson saying she never liked Julie Benz or if Emma Caulfield and Alyson never liked Sarah. Sarah and Joss also had no issues towards the end and Joss has spokenly very fondly about Sarah several times. If anyone had an issue with Joss, it was Charisma Carpenter but that was on Angel and had good reasons to.

Sarah is good friends with Seth so her speaking to him more than the other cast members is no surprise. They have worked together a number of times since Buffy ended. You gel much better with others and you don't with some other people. Are you telling me your incredibly close with every person you work with? I am not. But that doesn't mean we dislike each other.

It's all hear say

Wasn't there an ex writer on the show that wrote some poem about some spoilt princess that got her own way , which was presumed to be about Sarah ? Can't find a link anywhere at the moment .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I could say the same about E4 showing The Big Bang Theory!

Look at this from E4's perspective, it's a cheap show that generally does well, why would they waste money acquiring shows that may or may not work when they have something that definitely does?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly sure her annoyance was all part of the act. I do think she's friends with Kimmel.

There's a similar kind of annoyance and dislike from the actors when Johnny Vaughan went to meet them a few years ago in London. Again, that could have been part of the act as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    There's a similar kind of annoyance and dislike from the actors when Johnny Vaughan went to meet them a few years ago in London. Again, that could have been part of the act as well.

I don't know - Vaughan's 'matey' act can be annoying :)