Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    I have been watching Karen Hauer in the blindfold dance from Burn the Floor. Keo is one of the male dancers. I can see Derek using him for one of his Macy's Stars of Dance routines. I had hoped it was an old video featuring Artem but it was Keo, Kevin and Alijaz.
  • yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it was time to let go of the photos of Artem during his time on SCD. I have kept some videos on Real Player and the photos taken at the meet and greet in Bournemouth.

In all honesty I cannot see Artem returning to SCD. I doubt whether the BBC will invite him to come back to the UK even if he wanted to. Artem will no doubt be asked to join a DWTS tour if they have one, or join his friends on DWM USA.

It was interesting to read Lea Thompson's comments about DWTS and her previous dance experience.

Hope you have a great holiday Lou69. I will be chasing the sun soon and will have to make sure I drink lots of water.

I do hope that what you fear that Artem will not be asked back to SCD in the future should he want to ,does not happen silversandy , I know that he turned the chance down this year , and we dont know many details of the background of his decision , but if it was as he stated it was for the sole purpose of sorting his visa and citizen problems hopefully when he gets that sorted and if he can satisfy the UK gov rules surely there could be a slot for for him to return , it has not been a barrier for Flavia and VIncent as they have been asked to return to dance once or twice since rejecting the offers just because they wanted to have a tour of their own and have a London show going on at the same time as SCD , not to get a legal situation sorted once and for all.

At the moment there is a petition being handed in to prevent a Husband & father of a young child being sent back to South Africa after living and working in north yorkshire after their marriage ,this couple met when the wife who worked on cruise liners as an acrobat and entertainer & met and fell in love with this South African waiter , they set up home when later expecting a baby ,and have brought her up in her mothers home county she is now around 3, but the new regulation have resulted in the father and husband of an english woman and child being left here when the man is to be sent back to his birth country , because the wife cannot guarantee that she will be able to earn a certain amount of money every year I think it was over £ 28,000per year guaranteed year after year , which she cant possibly know , for she is in the same kind of predicament as any other free lance entertainer , there is no certainty they will always get work .It all seems so unfair for genuine couples, so I dont blame anyone getting legal status before it all blows up in his face .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been watching Karen Hauer in the blindfold dance from Burn the Floor. Keo is one of the male dancers. I can see Derek using him for one of his Macy's Stars of Dance routines. I had hoped it was an old video featuring Artem but it was Keo, Kevin and Alijaz.

I remember that video, but isnt there one that Artem did do that dance too.?

Does Derek use the pros in his Macy's dances if they are still active in the competition , I cant remember if he did last year .
  • TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope that silversandy and yungathart are both feeling better and have a good holiday Lou69,im still having problems with my laptop ,my friends son is going to check it over and see if he can find out whats wrong before i give in and buy a new one,im like you yungathart and hope that Artem will someday rejoin SCD.I am looking forward to seeing him on DWTS even if its only on youtube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TootsieLou wrote: »
    Hope that silversandy and yungathart are both feeling better and have a good holiday Lou69,im still having problems with my laptop ,my friends son is going to check it over and see if he can find out whats wrong before i give in and buy a new one,im like you yungathart and hope that Artem will someday rejoin SCD.I am looking forward to seeing him on DWTS even if its only on youtube.

I am fineTootsie Lou , but keeping my fingers crossed computer and health wise,if only I knew if what I am told about my computer is the truth it would be a big help, but to be honest they could be telling me anything and I would not be any the wiser.

I hope that you get yours sorted out , and its up and running by the time Artem has started his time on DWTS, you never know we might get a ,few pic's of him and Lea training .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    marileigh1 wrote: »
    That makes sense - there are no such things as roundabouts in the US - as we found to our amazement the first time we drove there. They have much straighter roads than we do and just have traffic lights. I hate roundabouts - whenever my sat.nav says: "In 100 yards there is a roundabout, take the third exit, then there is another roundabout - stay in the left hand lane and take the fifth exit" I nearly have a panic attack and halfway round I have lost count of the exits and invariably go wrong. So I can quite understand that feeling . :D

Actually there are some roundabouts in the States. Otherwise I wouldn't know what you are talking about. Back in the late 90s, I did some consulting work in downtown Philly for about 8 months. One Saturday I got in my car and went looking for a Target store across the Delaware River in New Jersey. I don't know what road I was on but I ended up going through several of the devilish things which were quite full of traffic trying to merge to the inside lanes then to the outside lanes. I think there were 3 or 4 lanes. What a mess! The only way it can work is if everyone slows down and is courteous and that's not always going to happen.

From your satnav quote, marileigh, I suspect the ones in the UK may go around clockwise, while the ones I experienced in the states went around counter-clockwise. That makes sense I think since we drive on the right and you drive on the left.

As for Artem's decision not to drive, it may have made the most sense after he weighed all the expenses and other factors, including alternate modes of transport.
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lea Thompson was Martys mum in Back to the Future.
  • marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it was time to let go of the photos of Artem during his time on SCD. I have kept some videos on Real Player and the photos taken at the meet and greet in Bournemouth.

In all honesty I cannot see Artem returning to SCD. I doubt whether the BBC will invite him to come back to the UK even if he wanted to. Artem will no doubt be asked to join a DWTS tour if they have one, or join his friends on DWM USA.

It was interesting to read Lea Thompson's comments about DWTS and her previous dance experience.

Hope you have a great holiday Lou69. I will be chasing the sun soon and will have to make sure I drink lots of water.

Well, I agree with you, Silversandy. As you all know I have been doubtful about his situation in the UK for a good long time now but was hopeful that I was wrong or that things would improve. However, I now feel, like you, that we shall not see him over here again, although I would love to be proved wrong. I feel the citizenship thing is just a smokescreen to cover up what has really happened - he probably didn't want to upset his fans.
    Actually there are some roundabouts in the States. Otherwise I wouldn't know what you are talking about. Back in the late 90s, I did some consulting work in downtown Philly for about 8 months. One Saturday I got in my car and went looking for a Target store across the Delaware River in New Jersey. I don't know what road I was on but I ended up going through several of the devilish things which were quite full of traffic trying to merge to the inside lanes then to the outside lanes. I think there were 3 or 4 lanes. What a mess! The only way it can work is if everyone slows down and is courteous and that's not always going to happen.

From your satnav quote, marileigh, I suspect the ones in the UK may go around clockwise, while the ones I experienced in the states went around counter-clockwise. That makes sense I think since we drive on the right and you drive on the left.

As for Artem's decision not to drive, it may have made the most sense after he weighed all the expenses and other factors, including alternate modes of transport.

Thanks, Dontspin_me - I forgot that the US is such a huge place. I was talking about the part of the US we drove around in - which was the usual tourist trail of Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, California, etc. When we visited the US on other occasions, we didn't drive, so I probably wouldn't have noticed if there had been roundabouts. But they are certainly not as prolific as they are here - you can't move in my part of the country for roundabouts and the new ones quite near me - when you can go either anti- clockwise or clockwise around it - is truly terrifying! :)
    Forum Member
    Memories of Artem and Natalie - BBC Clips still available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kt186
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers Silversandy! Doing a full-on glitter photo shoot this week - that was something of a practice shot!

Such a shame Artem isn't in this years show.

Still, the show must go on....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Memories of Artem and Natalie - BBC Clips still available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kt186

Thank you silversandy ,I still get goosebumps when I watch the magical VW and even when I hear those first notes of that iconic music , which when I first heard it thought it was most odd, but which they said give it a chance , it will grow on you , and oh yes it certainly did that , THis is one of most favourite dances ever on SCD .
  • MayadewiMayadewi Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet from Artem

I am proud to say that pass citizenship test so I am almost an American citizen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member

Thanks for bringing this pic to my attention.

Seeing Artem smiling and saying 'she is absolutely amazing!' put a big grin on my face. It makes me hopeful he has been given a partner who will place no limits on his choreography.

I would have been dismayed if he had gotten one of the teenagers. We saw it when Val C got Zendaya. These young ladies haven't experienced enough of life to be able to portray emotions like love, passion, angst, etc. and they tend to be self-conscious when asked to do a rumba for instance. Plus, if they're under 18 they have to have a chaperone in the rehearsal studio. It's a sticky situation for a male pro to show chemistry with one of them.

Assuming Artem's new partner is Lea Thompson, she brings alot to the table. She has performed live on Broadway, no less (but not as a dancer). Her long ago ballet training has to be an asset in ways I need not enumerate. She's stayed fit. And she's an actress which Artem agreed last year makes dance performance easier.

If WYSIWYG, then based on interviews I think these two will really get along. I wonder how their senses of humor will match up.
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mayadewi wrote: »
    Tweet from Artem

Great news::D
    Forum Member
    Tweet from Artem

Thank you for the news Mayadewi. Well done Artem. He has obviously been swotting.

Last weekend Fern Brittain and a fellow celeb won over £40,000 on The Chase. The show Kara took part in was recorded in February with more shows to be recorded on 12 and 14 September. It looks as though the celebrity version of The Chase is being shown on a Saturday. Kara's show should be aired pretty soon (probably when I am on holiday).
    Forum Member
    The BBC breakfast news has just shown the red carpet launch of SCD. Tess and Claudia, Bruce, Len, Bruno, Craig and Darcey and of course the new contestants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet from Artem

This is wonderful news, he must be so relieved that he's been succesful so far . And it proves he did not tell us lies about his reason to stay in US to get it . Let s hope this is the start of wonderful year for him and his desires come to fruition .

Its a little ironic that his news comes just as SCD is starting , and as he is about to start his DWRS season , life can be so very trying at times .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the news Mayadewi. Well done Artem. He has obviously been swotting.

Last weekend Fern Brittain and a fellow celeb won over £40,000 on The Chase. The show Kara took part in was recorded in February with more shows to be recorded on 12 and 14 September. It looks as though the celebrity version of The Chase is being shown on a Saturday. Kara's show should be aired pretty soon (probably when I am on holiday).

Or while I'm on mine .;-)

Its such good news for Artem , Its a big step to take , so he must be very determined to get his life sorted out .

I know he will have to go to a ceremony to swear his allegiance etc , will that be all do you know ,maybe our US friends might be able to tell us .?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for bringing this pic to my attention.

Seeing Artem smiling and saying 'she is absolutely amazing!' put a big grin on my face. It makes me hopeful he has been given a partner who will place no limits on his choreography.

I would have been dismayed if he had gotten one of the teenagers. We saw it when Val C got Zendaya. These young ladies haven't experienced enough of life to be able to portray emotions like love, passion, angst, etc. and they tend to be self-conscious when asked to do a rumba for instance. Plus, if they're under 18 they have to have a chaperone in the rehearsal studio. It's a sticky situation for a male pro to show chemistry with one of them.

Assuming Artem's new partner is Lea Thompson, she brings alot to the table. She has performed live on Broadway, no less (but not as a dancer). Her long ago ballet training has to be an asset in ways I need not enumerate. She's stayed fit. And she's an actress which Artem agreed last year makes dance performance easier.

If WYSIWYG, then based on interviews I think these two will really get along. I wonder how their senses of humor will match up.

Your news about the chaperone has surprised me . it had never occured to me ,from what I have seen some of the some under18's on some TV shows might frighten poor Artem to death , or many other decent guys too.;-) Joking apart I do agree with the points you have made about immature partners being unable to portray all kinds of emmotions in public. so Im sure Artem will be happy that she has acting and a ballet background . I cant wait to see them perform .
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    Or while I'm on mine .;-)

Its such good news for Artem , Its a big step to take , so he must be very determined to get his life sorted out .

I know he will have to go to a ceremony to swear his allegiance etc , will that be all do you know ,maybe our US friends might be able to tell us .?

I was wondering how long Artem will have to wait to get an American passport. Hope his mother was pleased to hear the news.
    yungathart wrote: »
    Your news about the chaperone has surprised me . it had never occured to me ,from what I have seen some of the some under18's on some TV shows might frighten poor Artem to death , or many other decent guys too.;-) Joking apart I do agree with the points you have made about immature partners being unable to portray all kinds of emmotions in public. so Im sure Artem will be happy that she has acting and a ballet background . I cant wait to see them perform .

Artem was probably dreading the Producers would try to set up a showmance. Somebody as young as Mark's partner would have scared Artem to death. Especially as some of the dances are quite raunchy. Lea looks a lovely lady on her Facebook page and appears to be very busy workwise.

Val had a very young partner and now regards her as a sister. She has just had her 18th birthday.
  • TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet from Artem

Great news for Artem:),this means he will be able to move more freely from one country to another when he gets his USA passport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering how long Artem will have to wait to get an American passport. Hope his mother was pleased to hear the news.

Artem was probably dreading the Producers would try to set up a showmance. Somebody as young as Mark's partner would have scared Artem to death. Especially as some of the dances are quite raunchy. Lea looks a lovely lady on her Facebook page and appears to be very busy workwise.

Val had a very young partner and now regards her as a sister. She has just had her 18th birthday.

I was wondering if his parents were pleased with his change of citizenship , Im sure he is close to them as we were told he phones everyweek, and it seems as if he has skype connection to them too. I suppose like every mother all she wants is for her son to be happy ,and he needs to be able to move around for work without all the hassle he has had so far.

Lea does look like a very lovely lady with a settled family behind her , so I cant see the media finding some Showmance story for them to plug in this couple .:)
This discussion has been closed.