Valkyrie - mistakes

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just been watching the film Valkyrie again and noticed something odd - at the end the reserve army is supposed to be arresting members of the SS - I kept waiting to see the a*******s in their SS black uniforms or Waffen SS - all I saw were SA or brownshirts being arrested. Am I mistaken in this? I've heard there are a few mistakes in this film but this mistake seems glaringly obvious.

(Am a great fan of this film plus Tom Cruise and Eddie Izzard.)

Comments

• Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    As far as I know, the notorious black uniform was a dress uniform for ceremonial duties etc. Members of the Waffen SS would have worn uniforms similar to those of the Wehrmacht for everyday wear. Were the collar patches SS runes?
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the notorious black uniform was a dress uniform for ceremonial duties etc. Members of the Waffen SS would have worn uniforms similar to those of the Wehrmacht for everyday wear. Were the collar patches SS runes?

The uniforms of the men who were arrested were definitely the light brown stormtrooper uniforms of the SA with the swaztika armbands ie brownshirts. I didn't see if there were runes on the collars. They were neither SS black or greyish uniforms.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also discovering that there were English and American speaking Germans back then:o:confused:!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched the film again - I think the SS uniforms ARE their everyday wear as some men are wearing the ones similar to the Wehrmacht, and the men amongst them I took to be wearing SA uniforms those could be the ordinary Nazi Party members uniforms.
    So it's me that is mistaken - I wouldn't make a good eye witness to a robbery then;-)
    Sorry Valkyrie :blush:
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Don't forget Hitler and Gobbels often wore the brown shirted uniform.