panasonic software update

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    lmatt wrote:
    In response, see my post above. you shouldn't have let them take the TV away, Panasonic should have sent you a cam card or an engineer. I got the cam card and the TV is now working. In addition, my TV was only a few months old so I got onto John Lewis, from where it was purchased, and they offered a full exchange or refund. You are within your rights to ask for this.

Hi,

Do you think they will offer me an exhange or refund now? TV stopped working when it was 4 and half month?

Is it worth asking? I don't mind a refubd or replacement of new TV.
  • DEmmersonDEmmerson Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell them that unless you receive your TV back in fully working order within a reasonable time, you will be rejecting as not of merchantable quality under the Trades Description Act and will be requiring a full refund (not a new set). It is important to get the refund so you can start afresh. If you accept a newer set, it may compromise your rights should that set break down.

Reasonable time = probably within 7 working days of you notifying them.

And confirm in writing and be ready to go to small claims court if necessary.
    Forum Member
    DEmmerson wrote:
    Tell them that unless you receive your TV back in fully working order within a reasonable time, you will be rejecting as not of merchantable quality under the Trades Description Act and will be requiring a full refund (not a new set). It is important to get the refund so you can start afresh. If you accept a newer set, it may compromise your rights should that set break down.

Reasonable time = probably within 7 working days of you notifying them.

And confirm in writing and be ready to go to small claims court if necessary.

Thanks, I sent the following email now after your comments.

" Dear SV Customer Service,

Further to my yesterday's email (which you have not responded yet) and others, I would like to say that the way things are going, it seems that by the time my TV get fixed, it may be one month or more. It has already taken more than two weeks.

I had a Akai TV which lasted over ten years, the experience of this TV is really shocking, to say the least. Now, with all parts being replaced with spares, almost a new TV, I am not confident at all of its potential reliability. This is certainly not of merchantable quality under the Trades Description Act.

Taking above into consideration, I would like to have a full refund for this TV so that I can start afresh with a new TV set (with its parts being intact).

I have to say that experience of this TV does not reflect the warm service Sound & vision has provided me. I will be more than happy to shop again. Its just the merchantable quality of the TV itself.

I will be grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.

Thanks"

I will let you know what they say. Most probably, no repsonse. lol OR they will reject my appeal. But if they are honest traders, then I think I deserve a refund. I am not confident at all about the reliability of the repaired TV they will eventually retun to me.

CS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I would have said is.... instead of "As soon as possible" reply within 7 days or else I will go to trading Standards.

A specific timescale is much better than an open ended one.
    Forum Member
    skrjones wrote:
    Only thing I would have said is.... instead of "As soon as possible" reply within 7 days or else I will go to trading Standards.

A specific timescale is much better than an open ended one.

I am trying to avoide trading Standards as it will be time consuming. It is almost 3 weeks and I stil have no TV. The latest is, they ordered a digital board and waiting for it to arrive! The news came from Service guys (well, I called them).

As for dealer, they said "...Thank you for your email (of yesterday) and today.

We had updated the job on our database yesterday with the information you so kindly supplied to us.

We have been repeatedly trying to contact Gem TV regarding your enquiry from yesterday afternoon with out success (every time we ring it just rings out)

As soon as I get through to them I will contact you back, unfortunately we cannot just leave a line ringing until someone at Gem TV answers.

.."

I sent an email updating them but no respond as of yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not your problem... if they can't get hold of the repair people they should have picked better ones.

Your contract is with the dealer - it is their responsibility to refund you.