Celebrity Big Brother AXED!!

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope this means that they will put more effort into BB9.

A complete re-design of the house could be done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until I hear it from the Daily Star I won't believe it. That's where I get all my news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    Why are people surprised. I can't stand racism but the issue could of been resolved without going to ofcom. I said it would mean an end to bb, but no-one would listen to me at the time. It's basically a case of be careful what folks wish for.

Much respect,thank you for your communication.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Aww noooooo I loved It's Me Or The Dog :'(
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    BBDodge wrote: »
    Hope this means that they will put more effort into BB9.

A complete re-design of the house could be done.

I dought it.They didnt bover after BB3 and CBB2 in 2002 when CBB was first axed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALL Bb should be put out to pasture.. it is old and tired an cynical now.Not entertainment any more---it is like Roman tossing Christians to the Lions blood sports.This year and previous CBB are a disgrace.

End it now. Think of something new and fresh and less fame wannabe orientated
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    escol wrote: »

It's probably in need of a year off.

I'd agree with that. The main show itself could do with a year off, tbh.....
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, i like Celebrity Big Brother :(

Thanks Jade..
  • SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee18xx wrote: »
    What are you're thoughts on this?

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk

So it looks like Jade may have put paid to celebrity BB then :eek: Endemol/BB/C4 won't be very happy with her will they :eek:

Although I'm sure they axed it once before, then it returned again after a two year gap.
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    I can't say that I'm surprised. It got to the stage where 'celebrities' had far more to lose, then to gain by going on the show.

There's also the question of budgets & the ability to afford decent celebrities. C4 doesn't seem willing to spend the money. The cheapness of the product is obvious.

Endemol has probably been testing the water, trying to see who was available & has been disappointed by the response at the price on offer.

Though I suspect that had this year's normal BB been a huge success, this is less likely to have happened & a bigger budget would have been easier to justify.

Ultimately we can all thank the huge over-reaction, in the press & amongst the fans, to the events that caused the controversy in CBB5.

Had they involved nearly anyone other than Jade, the reaction would have been more modest & the show would not have been effectively strangled as witnessed by the constraints on BB8 which have made it a ratings failure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are showing it on E4 only, so it's not exactly axed, just not as well-funded.

Gawd knows who'll agree to appear on it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are doing it so everyone gets more excited for BB9. A whole year without BB!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    escol wrote: »
    Indeed, but given the fact that CBB5 and BB8 have been shadows of their former selves and at times unwatchable, I think they did the right thing. A year off is a good thing.

I think he also had a point in saying it feels like BB has never been off our screens.

I think a lot of people are just tired of it.

I certainly am.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love CBB :(
  • lobeservelobeserve Posts: 7,924
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    I can't say that I'm surprised. It got to the stage where 'celebrities' had far more to lose, then to gain by going on the show.

There's also the question of budgets & the ability to afford decent celebrities. C4 doesn't seem willing to spend the money. The cheapness of the product is obvious.

Endemol has probably been testing the water, trying to see who was available & has been disappointed by the response at the price on offer.

Though I suspect that had this year's normal BB been a huge success, this is less likely to have happened.

Ultimately we can all thank the huge over-reaction, in the press & amongst the fans, to the events that caused the controversy in CBB5.

Had they involved nearly anyone other than Jade, the reaction would have been more modest & the show would not have been effectively strangled as witnessed by the constraints on BB8 which have made a ratings failure.

& Shilpa

*strategically places back of hand on forehand and asks "why me"? *
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agog wrote: »
    I think they are showing it on E4 only, so it's not exactly axed, just not as well-funded.

Stop starting silly rumours, before long people will be all up in arms about this, you know what we're like :)
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miniluv wrote: »
    Until I hear it from the Daily Star I won't believe it. That's where I get all my news.
    LOL! Thanks for that, I needed a laugh! :D
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agog wrote: »

I can't see that happening??
  • SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

I don't blame you :D Who could doubt anything the Daily Star would print after all :eek: :D
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBB goes on too long to get many 'real' celebs in - its a big commitment for anyone with a reasonably high profile.
    I also doubt many potential CBB housemates would care for the way BB treats the HMs either.

BB9 should benefit though - it'll be 8-9 months for the producers to think up decent tasks & spend more time on vetting the next lot of HMs.
  • GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its obvious nobody wanted to do it worthwhile .... but i always thought CBB was the better one.
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good decision. I'm pleased to hear this. I think they shouldn't bother briniging it back at all, three months of the year watching the main show is enough. I just hope they don't change their minds.
    Plus, this year's series was utter crap-only Jade and her big gob kept it at least remotely interesting.
  • bathlampbathlamp Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    From the breaking news no CBB next year story on DS:

"An experimental version of Big Brother will air in January - solely on E4, and a decision as to whether CBB will return in 2009 will be made next year. "

I wonder what that will be? Another teen BB?
  • [[Thanatos]][[Thanatos]] Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Are celebrities more prone to be racist than normal people then.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member

Lmao. :D:D