Options

True Blood - C4 October 7th

Comments

• Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Next year? No wonder some people watch TV shows by alternative means...
    That seems completely mad. It's already finished airing in the US and it's now started airing elsewhere. I'll probably be able to buy the S2 DVD box set (which I did for S1 whilst it was airing on FX) before FX have even screened it. And I don't reckon that I'll be alone in doing so.

I agree and I think it's completely ridiculous. As much as I like FX the length of time they expect people to wait until they broadcast US shows is absurd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching the first episode tonight, after hearing many good things about it. Hopefully the adult content dosn't seem too outstandish! I love vampires on a whole though, so its looking good already!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Looks really good, Can't wait for it to start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I've seen it i'll be watching again since i've told everyone I know its must see TV!
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by Bamberella View Post
    Nooooo....I loved Season 2 too! it was different I loved Jessica!

Series 2 was for me must-see TV until about ep 8, then it lost its way IMHO
    The Fellowship of the Sun conclusion was a bit weak I thought - different from the book, where there was a much more plausible rescue of Sookie. Never could understand why Godric wanted to face the sun.
    The Marianne storyline was very overblown and a little dull. It was done quicker in the book and so had much more impact

Roll on Series 3, which will probably be on Ch4 in time for the Olympics
    Werewolves!!
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long to go now! :D (1st timer like me :p )
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    I watched a few eps but never got round to the whole thing...so I'm gonna start again now :)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching now...not sure about it so far
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've turned off :( I wanted to like it as well
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving it. Stephen Moyer is so sexy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Still watching atm, looks alright, hasn't drawn me in yet.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not hating it but not quite seeing what all the hype is about either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I've turned off :( I wanted to like it as well

Now that's what I call decisive.

Twenty minutes in with only half the characters introduced.

To those still watching, I'd say give it three or four episodes to really get going before passing judgement.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else have subtitles on? The accents are quite strong!
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    The first episode didn't convince me but you have to stick with it and then you'll realise it's great. :)
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CH4 have adopted the US style of going into to ad breaks. No programme ident and straight into to adverts. One minute i'm watching the programme, the next i'm sitting there thinking, what the hell is this? Then when they came back from the adverts it cut straight back to the programme, no ident, no warming. I was like, 'oh, we're back to the programme now are we? I thought we were still watching the adverts.'

Hate it! Please stop it now! Don't go down the US route. It's highly annoying. Then they had 5 mins of programme then another ad break. Don't tell me, next thing they'll be doing is ending the show, running an ad break then coming back to run the credits. I stopped watching ABC1 for this reason. Can't stand it! I've turned off already.

I thought the idea was to have ad breaks between the programmes NOT programme breaks between the adverts.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    The first episode didn't convince me but you have to stick with it and then you'll realise it's great. :)

This is so very true. I almost turned off the first episode as it was a bit - well - dreary.

But it picks up straight away, and looking back, episode 1 really was necessary.

Also, look at this: you could have your own Tru Blood bottles. I know what I want for Halloween.

http://thegeekestlink.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=323

Rarrr \/-\/
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    CH4 have adopted the US style of going into to ad breaks. No programme ident and straight into to adverts. One minute i'm watching the programme, the next i'm sitting there thinking, what the hell is this? Then when they came back from the adverts it cut straight back to the programme no warming. I was like, 'oh, we're back to the programme now are we?'

Hate it! Please stop it now! Don't go down the US route. It's highly annoying.

Which is why I watched the episodes online minus the damn adverts :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    How the .... you meant to get into a show with so many ....... adverts ?!?!

If you're going to import a series from the states at least look at condensing it and getting rid of some of the darn adverts!

Paul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Does anyone else have subtitles on? The accents are quite strong!

No, it's not THAT bad lol
    I do have an American friend whom I recommended Shameless to, she recently hired Series 1 and admitted she had to put subtitles on for Frank, as she couldn't really understand/keep up with him lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never heard of using subtitles for american accents you fangbangers
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like I made the right decision to tape it (yes tape!).
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Well that wasn't quite what I expected. It was enjoyable nonsense really. You can see that it's a descendant of Twin Peaks with its small town wackiness. I enjoyed the kinky sex but not sure it's must see TV.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I enjoyed the kinky sex but not sure it's must see TV.

:confused: