Options

Sharon and Louis laughing

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were laughing at the god awful backing dancers.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Which performance was this after? I don't remember seeing it. What kind of gesture did she make?

After Candle In The Wind. The "I'm watching you" gesture, when someone points at their two eyes and then points at thee other person. I'll try and find a clip, I definitely saw it!
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Unbelievable response .. it is totally irrelevant as to what they were laughing at the point is , it was unprofessional, rude and disrespectful!!

Shameful to be honest i thought>:(

It's not irrelevant. If it was laughing at his mistake, it would be heartless. If not it is still unprofessional and potentially very off putting for the lad singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the interview Louis Walsh gave on Alan Carr the other night and he was saying how Sharon passes him notes or whispers to him as the acts are singing to make him laugh, which include things like asking which of the backing singers he would sleep with and generally mocking performers.

My guess is, that's what happened. Still completely out of order, unprofessional and couldn't have picked a worse time to do it. She's getting paid god knows how much and she can't even be serious for a couple of minutes before giving her pathetic "critique".

If true, she should be sacked for that. He should be for reading any notes from her whilst they are singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the interview Louis Walsh gave on Alan Carr the other night and he was saying how Sharon passes him notes or whispers to him as the acts are singing to make him laugh, which include things like asking which of the backing singers he would sleep with and generally mocking performers.

My guess is, that's what happened. Still completely out of order, unprofessional and couldn't have picked a worse time to do it. She's getting paid god knows how much and she can't even be serious for a couple of minutes before giving her pathetic "critique".

Well, he'd be toiling to answer that, as I haven't seen any young teenage boy backing singers on the show.
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    It's not irrelevant. If it was laughing at his mistake, it would be heartless. If not it is still unprofessional and potentially very off putting for the lad singing.

thats what I said ???:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    After Candle In The Wind. The "I'm watching you" gesture, when someone points at their two eyes and then points at thee other person. I'll try and find a clip, I definitely saw it!

Thanks, I know what gesture you mean now. Don't worry about finding the clip, I'll just look it up on YouTube. I'm guessing it was a reference to Nicole's slight criticism for Sam last week? Or maybe it was just a joke? They seem like such good friends most of the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats what I said ???:confused:

No you said it was irrelevant. If about the lad's mistake it was heartless and far worse than if for some other reason. Laughing at all was unprofessional and potentially off putting but the reason indicates the degree of heartlessness,
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it was unprofessional and rude of Sharon and Louis to behave that way during the performance. Also, the passing of silly notes, that is so utterly childish. This is the sort of thing kids do at school. I'm particularly surprised at Louis, especially as he is Nicholas's mentor.
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She will know fine well it puts them off.
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    No you said it was irrelevant. If about the lad's mistake it was heartless and far worse than if for some other reason. Laughing at all was unprofessional and potentially off putting but the reason indicates the degree of heartlessness,

YES it is irrelevant as to what they were laughing at!!! (They should not be laughing at all during a performance- SO yes irrelevant was my response to a post that said they may not have been laughing at him )

I pointed out that the FACT of the matter is , it is unprofessional rude and down right tastless which is what ive said in my original post.
    If you dont understand that then i give up ???
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas, those tears aren't going to make more people vote for you.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sending a petition to Downing Street.

Me too, I'll do it after I've rang OFCOM :p
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Yeah as someone else has pointed out Louis revealed on Chatty Man she's always passing notes during performances and that's what they're laughing at, so some of the melodrama in here needs to be suppressed...
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not shameful at all. Nicholas hit the most horrendous note of the competition and Sharon found it hilarious, as it was.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not shameful at all. Nicholas hit the most horrendous note of the competition and Sharon found it hilarious, as it was.

That totally depends on your sensibilities - the cracked note was unfortunate, but like a rogue squeak coming out of a clarinet, was kind of unavoidable.

The most horrendous notes of the competition come from the excruciating poor tuning by the likes of Rough Copy and Luke, but I understand not everyone is sensitive to this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES it is irrelevant as to what they were laughing at!!! (They should not be laughing at all during a performance- SO yes irrelevant was my response to a post that said they may not have been laughing at him
    )It is relevant! It relates to WHY they were doing something that you started a thread on!
    I pointed out that the FACT of the matter is , it is unprofessional rude and down right tastless which is what ive said in my original post.
    So? The poster didn't say that if they were not laughing at him would mean it wasn't unprofessional. The poster didn't say that it wouldn't be off-putting to Nicholas. Laughing at him would have been heartless IMO as well as being unprofessional and off-putting.
    If you don't understand that then i give up ???
    I understand quite well but please feel free to give up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    That totally depends on your sensibilities - the cracked note was unfortunate, but like a rogue squeak coming out of a clarinet, was kind of unavoidable.

The most horrendous notes of the competition come from the excruciating poor tuning by the likes of Rough Copy and Luke, but I understand not everyone is sensitive to this.

I have come to expect it from RC, so don't pay much notice when they go off, instead I get surprised when they sing in tune!

With Nicholas it was the climatic note in the song and BAM a huge shreeking whale-like noise.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have come to expect it from RC, so don't pay much notice when they go off, instead I get surprised when they sing in tune!

With Nicholas it was the climatic note in the song and BAM a huge shreeking whale-like noise.

Yes, it was unfortunate, but I would be as likely to judge his performance by that glitch as I would if a dancer slipped during a performance. It may have marred the performance but was not the fault of the performer and it is extremely unfair to judge mainly on the error. It's pure bad luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Yes, it was unfortunate, but I would be as likely to judge his performance by that glitch as I would if a dancer slipped during a performance. It may have marred the performance but was not the fault of the performer and it is extremely unfair to judge mainly on the error. It's pure bad luck.

Yeah, I guess.

He was pitchy at the start, I thought. And after the big note it was all just awful.

I did feel sorry for him, though. It was, as you said, just bad luck.
  • Options
    DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon & Louis continually chat when the acts are on and when Dermot is talking, they are both very unprofessional.

Hope Simon is watching and sacks the lot of them
  • Options
    SageDragonSageDragon Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I'm sending a petition to Downing Street.

I think it's a matter for the United Nations myself
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    It'll be a shame to lose Gary and potentially Nicole next year, two of my favourite ever judges, only for more Louis. Cheryl on top of that and the overrated (IMO) Simon perhaps coming back too sounds even worse.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I guess.

He was pitchy at the start, I thought. And after the big note it was all just awful.

I did feel sorry for him, though. It was, as you said, just bad luck.

It's weird, I thought it was pitchy at the start watching the show, but watched it back on youtube and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it. The performance wasn't nearly as bad as lots on here are making it out, but that cracked note was really unfortunate. After that he was struggling not to cry, so the final part of the performance suffered badly. He was clearly devastated by it.

I have no idea what was so funny to Louis and Sharon. I assume Sharon did some big melodramatic shriek at the cracked note and they giggled in their usual gossipy manner. Whatever the reason it was horrible to see - Nicholas' mentor showing no concern for him despite his obvious distress and preferring to giggle instead because, well, LOLetc.

I can only imagine seeing that must have been horribly humiliating for Nicholas. Even worse it's preserved for all eternity due to the director deciding to cut to them.