Options

True Blood - C4 October 7th

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
I read rescently that C4 will air 'True Blood', i have never watched it but it looks really good and lots of friends have told me it's brilliant (they must watch it online etc).

So if it is coming to c4, when can we expect it to air?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    absalomabsalomabsalomabsalom Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I read rescently that C4 will air 'True Blood', i have never watched it but it looks really good and lots of friends have told me it's brilliant (they must watch it online etc).

So if it is coming to c4, when can we expect it to air?

Many thanks :)

Its a fantastic show. Starts on C4 around the end of September I think
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says October. Yeah i've heard it's good. I'll probably watch it on C4 when it's on.

EDIT: Link
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a175622/autumn-season-highlights.html
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's out on dvd here on 26th October. You'd assume channel 4 would have finished broadcasting it by then, but that doesn't give 'em much time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many episodes is it then anyone know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes is it then anyone know?

12 episodes, 55 minutes long each without ads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    12 episodes, 55 minutes long each without ads.

Oh well, even if it did air at the end of September, it still wouldn't be finished by the DVD release date, assuming they air one episode a week. And isn't 55mins pretty long for a US episode?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    55 minutes is long. Usually an episode is around 43 minutes. But it's a good show so I like that it's longer :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    HBO shows are always nearer to an hour due to the fact that they don't litter their shows with adverts. They show them uninterrupted, so there's no need for the episodes to be limited to 42 minutes. The same goes for Showtime (who air 'Dexter') i think.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ ye showtime an HBO arnt just cable channels, u have to pay for them separately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also it's definitely bbfc 18 certificate standard material, so it's gonna be on after 10pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Also it's definitely bbfc 18 certificate standard material, so it's gonna be on after 10pm.

We can hope.

I worry slightly that they will totally misunderstand the audience it's actually aimed at and treat it like a kids show (Angel, Alias anyone?). One would like to think they have learned from their mistakes. Let's assume they have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalBags wrote: »
    We can hope.

I worry slightly that they will totally misunderstand the audience it's actually aimed at and treat it like a kids show (Angel, Alias anyone?). One would like to think they have learned from their mistakes. Let's assume they have.

They couldn't do that to TB though. Far too much swearing to try to cut, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With C4 i can see them giving it a good 10pm timeslot to begin with and then after about 4 weeks shoving it into the post 11pm graveyard slot like they did with 'The Sopranos' (i think the last ever Sopranos episode went out at something daft like 12:30am...). That said, if they were happy to give Big Brother a prime time slot for the past few months on such shitty ratings then TB could stand a chance at staying at 10pm for it's entire run (not that i'm saying TB will get bad ratings, but you know what C4's like).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    They couldn't do that to TB though. Far too much swearing to try to cut, I'd imagine.

And far too much graphic sex and violence. If they tried to air it before the watershed, it would last about ten minutes!
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arwencat wrote: »
    And far too much graphic sex and violence. If they tried to air it before the watershed, it would last about ten minutes!

LOL I said that on the FX thread. Not saying what happens, but suffice to say that Ryan Kwanten's character would get virtually no airtime at all in the first 3 shows if it had to be cut for pre-watershed!!!:D
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    With C4 i can see them giving it a good 10pm timeslot to begin with and then after about 4 weeks shoving it into the post 11pm graveyard slot like they did with 'The Sopranos' (i think the last ever Sopranos episode went out at something daft like 12:30am...). That said, if they were happy to give Big Brother a prime time slot for the past few months on such shitty ratings then TB could stand a chance at staying at 10pm for it's entire run (not that i'm saying TB will get bad ratings, but you know what C4's like).

I can see it going in 11pm slot TBH, it s allready been shown on FX and a lot of ppl will of downloaded it! and to be fair to C4, The Sopranos was shown in prime time on E4 first!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Nip/Tuck started out at a 10pm-ish time back when it was on C4. Eventually ended up being shown at stupid o'clock and then vanishing altogether.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boogienow wrote: »
    Nip/Tuck started out at a 10pm-ish time back when it was on C4. Eventually ended up being shown at stupid o'clock and then vanishing altogether.

Yeah, remember sitting up to watch the Season 2 finale with the middle of the carver story, it was a double episode and it started at about 12:45am!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sbds1 wrote: »
    Yeah, remember sitting up to watch the Season 2 finale with the middle of the carver story, it was a double episode and it started at about 12:45am!

OMG, I did that as well!!! And I was banned from the TV as well, all the way back in Year 8, so I had to turn the TV down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    SalBags wrote: »
    We can hope.

Not much chance of them making that mistake, given the amount of shagging going on in the first episode. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this starting on channel 4 as i only have Freeview.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If C4 don't cut it to ribbons I'll be absolutely amazed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be honest, i can't actually see C4 cutting it. They might shove it in an stupid timeslot, but there's no way that they can cut it down for a pre 10pm audience. The ammount of swearing, sex and bloody violence would mean the episodes would be incoherent messes.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on when it starts yet ?
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Channel 4 cutting it, not with the amount of shagging you see in Shameless.

Is season 2 of TB still going to be shown on FX first though?