Options

Vampire Academy film in the works

Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a235572/vampire-academy-film-in-the-works.html

I hope it definitely happens. Any ideas on who could play Dmitri, Rose and Lissa? I was thinking Lucy Hale for Rose.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a235572/vampire-academy-film-in-the-works.html

I hope it definitely happens. Any ideas on who could play Dmitri, Rose and Lissa? I was thinking Lucy Hale for Rose.

I haven't even heard of Vampire Academy. Having looked at the link I do wondere if its required. It looks like a cash in on Twilight's success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It probably is a cash-in on Twilight, but I think it would be better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It probably is a cash-in on Twilight, but I think it would be better.

I hope that it is for the fans of the books. unfortunately it's going to be tested againt Twilight's success. if it fails to make at least half what Twilight makes I think the chances of sequels is gone.

I enjoyed the Percy Jackson film (not read the books) but it looks like that franchise is dead. The same with the Inkheart trilogy too. Although they altered a lot of the story compared to the book.
    When it comes to adaptations of novels, IMO a series of books should be left to become TV serial adaptaions as the expectation on them is far greater. Also with TV series there is more chance for people to find the series the longer it runs. With films they do one and say no money in it, drop it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the PJ film not make much? Thinking about it, I would rather VA was a TV series than a film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to the IMDB site it's estimated cost of about $95m to make and in the UK and US it took $95.375.

You have other countries, the DVD's Box Office and TV rights etc, but it wasn't a big hit unfortunately.

The big problem with doing them as a TV series is it's rare they do the books. They will take the first book and create something vaguely like it. Or they make the first book and then the following series they do their own original stories as episodesso they own the copyright and royalties rather than have series 2 is book 2, series 3 is book 3 and so on.