Options

David Wilder - Life on Mars?

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
I actually enjoyed his performance :)
I wasnt expecting that :eek::o It was kind of surreal and I can't quite decide if it was good (Life on Mars is a very difficult song to sing) or just so bad it was very good :D
Wonder what he can do apart from Bowie impressions though.
I have noticed though that auditionees seem to be going into the audience now etc, I don't think the performance would have had the same effect if he had just stayed on the spot.

Comments

• Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    This years Storm Lee one would imagine. ;)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Eve Elle wrote: »

One of those mad ones that you think you are so bad you shouldn't be there, but so addictive to watch!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eve Elle wrote: »

:D I thought about that too. Or maybe he'll be a Wagner type figure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    :D I thought about that, perhaps that means Goldie is this year's Wagner ;)

there will only ever be one great lord VVVAAAGNER.... however, dave comes a respectable second! he gets my vote!:D
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    To be fair, I thought he had high energy and despite his painful Bowie impression, I think he has a decentish voice. I think David would be fun on the live shows. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there will only ever be one great lord VVVAAAGNER.... however, dave comes a respectable second! he gets my vote!:D

There's only 1 Lord Wagner - you're right :D
    David could be fun on the lives though as Eve says. :) I agree the energy was fun to watch.
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of sh**e. cant believe he went through. It doesnt say much for the over 25 category this year when he gets through Geez!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiWQMRbfbM&feature=relmfu Much better than Waagner.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed him, very entertaining : better than Storm Lee's first audition IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    watch his performance again. his vocal is at the same volume level even when he is running up the aisle and up the stairs, his voice never builds or drops in intensity. his mouth doesn't move in time with the words as he runs back to the stage and we briefly see his face close up as he sings. clearly miming!
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I'm still not sure if he's actually Nigel Lythgoe in disguise....or separated at birth?
  • Options
    CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno about Mars but he's definitely beamed down from somewhere...
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rawbob wrote: »
    watch his performance again. his vocal is at the same volume level even when he is running up the aisle and up the stairs, his voice never builds or drops in intensity. his mouth doesn't move in time with the words as he runs back to the stage and we briefly see his face close up as he sings. clearly miming!

How many threads are you going to put this crap in? You really think they would get someone doing an audition to mine? What planet are you on?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I did like his performance, it's not a easy song to sing and considering the fact that he was running around like a looney the whole time I think he actually produced a decent cover version of Life on Mars. He'll never be as good as Bowie but he could be better than Wagner!
  • Options
    mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks like the lovechild of He-Man and Skeletor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought he had a decent voice considering he was running around a lot too. I did wonder a bit though, when he was running he didnt seem out of breath when he carried on singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has original songs on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbFwQ7HwsrY&feature=related and see 'Suggestions' for more.

It's actually not bad at all. Very (very) Beatles-y.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him, seemed like a big kid not taking it too seriously, and quite likeable because of it.

Unlike Storm Lee who always seemed 5 minutes away from a nervous breakdown.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was crap :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a band with him a long time ago...he can sing..
  • Options
    LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Godawful Bowie impersonator, should've been on stars in their eyes (the Reeves and Mortimer piss-take).

The real David Bowie is a true legend of genius proportions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree with your 2nd point (re: real Bowie) :)
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rawbob wrote: »

The volume is down to post-production mixing.

As for his mouth, it doesn't move in time when he's speaking!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    How many threads are you going to put this crap in? You really think they would get someone doing an audition to mine? What planet are you on?

I put it as a new thread so it wasn't buried as a response.

they used autotune before so why wouldn't they let him mime?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    He was weird but then again, Bowie wasn't exactly normal and didn't have the greatest voice but look at what he has done for himself? You never know...