Options

There should be a Page 4 with naked men!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
Forum Member
After reading the Page 3 thread I'm thinking if they won't ban it then this national newspaper should at least have another page dedicated for the women (and gay guys too)?

If this is not blatant gender inequality then what is? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if it was truly equal it would be topless men, not naked?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Why not just have the page 7 "fella" like they used to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct but you fail to see that we still have remnants of patriarchal stereotypes in our culture they are still in full swing, you see this all the time with misogyny against women and sexist jokes in the workplace and the gender pay gap not to mention the victim blaming culture of female rape victims and of course the large amount of hatred towards women who take up masculine sports such as football and to add to all of that the homophobic abuse and insults directed towards gay men.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets start a petition :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Everyone of them prude people from the religious organisations pre 70's in america and all that would see the whole country as heathens for what you see and do these days. I mean, just compare us to fanatic Islams, they are like 50 years in the past.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    So it makes no difference if its man, woman or donkey, the fact is the line from what we used to agree as moral is being re written every 10 years so who cares who gets naked for the kids on page 3
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a commercial demand for it, it would already exist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the naked body. Male or female, it shouldn't be something society frowns upon and tries to hide under the rug because a number of parents don't want to have an awkward conversation with their kid. If we were more open to frank discussions about sex and sexuality with our children, then I bet the rate of teenage pregnancy would drop dramatically.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with the naked body as long as you keep your privates private too many people seem to want to show the world their naked bodies & not everyone wants to see it splashed across a newspaper. When I buy a newspaper its to read the news & sport not to oggle some bimbette on page 3.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Jon O wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with the naked body as long as you keep your privates private too many people seem to want to show the world their naked bodies & not everyone wants to see it splashed across a newspaper. When I buy a newspaper its to read the news & sport not to oggle some bimbette on page 3.

And just because you don't want to do something then no one else should have the choice?
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    And just because you don't want to do something then no one else should have the choice?

No I am not saying that, I think a newspaper should be just for news, if I wanted to look at naked women I would get myself a lad mag
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I'll do it. Although I will need page 5 as well.
  • Options
    colgirlcolgirl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Page 3 is dated and pointless. Who the hell buys a newspaper these days just to see a topless bimbo? And as for a naked man gracing the pages - no thanks.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colgirl wrote: »
    Page 3 is dated and pointless. Who the hell buys a newspaper these days just to see a topless bimbo? And as for a naked man gracing the pages - no thanks.

who the hell buys a newspaper full stop these days. & the sun isn't a "newspaper", it's a comic.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    who the hell buys a newspaper full stop these days. & the sun isn't a "newspaper", it's a comic.

Agreed
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people get their news online now

So unless people are facing a very long train / bus journey, and they really need something to read

The days of the physical newspapers are numbered

But, in my younger years, i would have certainly put myself forward for that page 4 :D
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I recall reading somewhere that there used to be a page 3 man in newspapers but the demand was not there and when they removed it sales increased. Can't remember where I read it though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Post #3?

It used to be "Page 7 Fella" and usually had someone like Eddie Kidd in leathers spread eagled over his hog. It was like a updated version of Village People.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon O wrote: »
    I think a newspaper should be just for news

In which case you've already ruled yourself out of the market for the Sun.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'll do it. Although I will need page 5 as well.

Is your belly really that big?:D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    As said their used to be one but I really don't see the point of it anyway I really don't want to see any of in in the past on the rare occasions I have bought The Sun the fist thing I do is the page 3 in the bin (fair enough the rest follows not long after)
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    As said their used to be one but I really don't see the point of it anyway I really don't want to see any of in in the past on the rare occasions I have bought The Sun the fist thing I do is the page 3 in the bin (fair enough the rest follows not long after)

You don't read page 4?
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the Page 3 thread I'm thinking if they won't ban it then this national newspaper should at least have another page dedicated for the women (and gay guys too)?

If this is not blatant gender inequality then what is? :confused:

It needs to be page 5 Tessa - else you'll be arguing with your husband about who gets to cut out today's picture to blu tac on the living room wall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    on the rare occasions I have bought The Sun the fist thing I do is the page 3 in the bin (fair enough the rest follows not long after)

The fist thing? Each to their own I guess.

I bet the only reason the rest of the newspaper follows page 3 in the bin is because it is stuck together.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    You don't read page 4?

I look to see what's on it but I throw it in the nearest bin I can find but I haven't bought it for years anyway and the last time was only because they had a free dvd I wanted